I currently have a BIS plan and receive my work e-mail on my 9780. It just occurred to me today that I probably will not be able to get my work e-mail (which is a BES express server) to connect to my work e-mail unless my company rolls out a BES / BES Express 10 server?

Is this the case? Say it ain't so... otherwise I won't be able to get a BB10 device.
    01-14-13 07:31 PM
    Perhaps someone who uses BES can help you a little better. If your company continues using BlackBerry, I'm sure some kind of arrangement, upgrade will be feasible.
    01-14-13 11:17 PM
    Is your email via Lotus Notes, Exchange or Google Apps for Business?

If Google Apps for Business it should just work fine and you setup the account as an exchange account.

If Exchange, as long as the Exchange server is setup to allow the ActiveSync protocol you can just configure the account as normal.

If it's Lotus Notes, as long as the server is configured to allow IMAP connections from outside the firewall you can receive your email. To receive full support for email, calender and contacts your company would need Lotus Traveler installed I believe.

As far as I'm aware RIM won't be upgrading BESx to support BB10 devices but of course I stand to be corrected come Jan 30th.
    01-15-13 12:14 AM
    My understanding is that you can manage BB10 with Fusion with limited featurewhich lets you manage iOS and Anroid devices. Rge Bes10 will combine all that with BES5 feaures so full BB support of bb10+Anroid and IOS...All in one .
    01-15-13 08:31 PM
    Thanks for your responses guys. I talked to one of the Sys Admins here and we were discussing how using ActiveSync would work just fine. I believe they will implement a BES Express server down the road too, so guessing we'll have a little more functionality at that point (i.e. Fusion and Balance).

Much appreciated... and heart attack avoided - I can still get my long awaited BB10 device!
    01-16-13 12:56 PM