Hi all,

I'm a bit obsessed with battery life, but with heavy usage I'm getting about 10 hours from full to needing to charge on my Q10.
    I've only owned it for 2 days though. Does it improve a lot with time? What are people's opinions? And is it worth wiping the device after doing a backup and reloading the OS and restoring it?

Thanks
    05-04-13 09:19 AM
    For what it is worth battery on my Z10 has gotten better. I have had the phone about a month and now it tends to burn about 3% - 5% per hour during the day. Yesterday I took it off the charger at 7am and when I put it back on at 1am it still had 20% charge left.

Give your Q10 several charge cycles and see where it is, probably do not need to wipe and restore at this point. Good luck!
    05-04-13 10:04 AM
    Hi all,

I'm a bit obsessed with battery life, but with heavy usage I'm getting about 10 hours from full to needing to charge on my Q10.
    I've only owned it for 2 days though. Does it improve a lot with time? What are people's opinions? And is it worth wiping the device after doing a backup and reloading the OS and restoring it?

Thanks
    Make sure you do a full drain to powering off twice to help condition the battery. Regardless of what anyone says, even Lithium Ion batteries build memories over time (although they take significantly longer than NiMH).

I *think* I noticed improved battery wipe after a security wipe. It didn't reload the pre-installed AT&T apps, so I suspect that part of what people are noticing with batter improvement with a wipe is little things not being re-introduced into the system. I would also not recommend restoring anything if you can help it, because if you can re-create/re-enter everything from a default state, doing so prevents unwanted settings/data/apps/whatever from creeping back in from a restore.
    05-04-13 10:18 AM
    My Z10's battery life got dramatically better after about a week. The OS does a lot of 'learning', particularly of words and phrases you type most often for word prediction and substitution. I don't think there's any benefit at this point to wiping the phone and reloading everything. Give it a week and see how things are then.
    05-04-13 12:34 PM
    there is a girl saying in another post that she got 18h on full charge with her Q10
    05-04-13 04:44 PM