When i had my bb9700 and previous version of bb and the first full touch screen the auto on/off was there which was great. the phone was turning on and off by itself and when set-up wake up time the phone was turning on by itself.i never had to touch it..WILL IT BE THERE ON BB10?
    12-23-12 10:48 AM
    We don't know. Wait January 30th.
    12-23-12 12:31 PM
    with the berry being a business tool i would imagine they would keep this in the settings somewhere.
    12-24-12 12:02 AM
    that would be nice as it would save on battery..
    12-24-12 10:33 AM
    It's on the 9900, IDK why they'd remove it.
    12-24-12 11:25 AM
    ABSOLUTELY ! Since I have been using BlackBerry, one of the most useful option is AUTO ON/OFF. so, RIM would consider it as a important functionality ! Of course !
    12-25-12 08:58 PM
    Have the Bold 9900, also loved the auto on/off. Got my Z10 today, looked everywhere, can't find an "off" button, and no auto function.
    02-09-13 11:42 AM
    No they don't. There's already a Thread started listing WHat should be added and THIS feature is on that list.
    02-09-13 12:09 PM
    It's on the 9900, IDK why they'd remove it.
    I wish people would understand that nothing was "removed" from the legacy OS. It's not like BBRY did not think this was a useful feature, which is why I think BB10 was a bit of a rush job (despite the delay). It is a brand new OS for BB and as such, features may not have been included (hense not enough time) but certainly were not removed.
    02-09-13 01:34 PM
    The reason it doesn't have it is because older blackberries never turned off unless the battery died or you took out the battery. All it was doing when you turned it off with the button was turning off all network connections, and turning off the screen. In fact, even RAM wasn't cleared, and that's why removing batteries became the solution to problems on older blackberries. Now that start up time is a minute or less, turning off the phone from means actually turning off the phone, just like in android, ios, and Windows Phone. Please stop do some research before claiming blackberry "Removed Features." they actually improved things and people are complaining...If you want something like airplane mode, swipe down from the top of the screen when you're in the lock screen, and the phone goes into bedside mode, and lock the screen. No modern OS will have a halfway between screen off and turning off the screen. It wouldn't make sense now that boot up tines are quick. The only reason it was made to begin with is because nobody wants to sit there for 5 minutes waiting for their phone to turn on with older blackberries. Ffs people complain about everything here...
    02-09-13 01:42 PM
    After my first day with the phone, I am really starting to love it. No auto/off for evening but the Bedside Mode is a big improvement even over my BB9900, it's easy to access "swipe down from locked mode". The clock itself is a sleepy red, so even in a dark room it's subtle. The docking charger (coming) will be a must whether your at home or in a hotel to always keep the phone life at a max. I like that the LED doesn't blink while charging, hope it's the same while in the dock.
    02-09-13 03:56 PM
    I agree with you that noone will wait more than a minute or two for their smartphone to boot up.
    On the other hand, why would one use the on off, and that's where you are in my opinion too "techy". The one reason I switched this feature on was not to save battery or to take advantage of the deep sleep mode. The main reason was that it would automatically switch off without me having to think about it, so I would not be bothered by any phone call during the night.
    I don't need automatic on-off. I need a setting to allow me to automatically cut the mobile communication during the night. So giving me an automatic bedside mode entering time would also work...
    04-22-13 03:57 PM