Does anyone else think that the long press for capitalization, alternate characters, keyboard hide, etc. is too long?

I really hope that in the push for updates and bug fixes, BlackBerry doesn't overlook these little details. It really impacts the typing experience in a very negative way. Seems like it should be a very simple fix too....
    02-18-13 01:08 PM
    Yeah it is a little long. I hope an option to change it will be added soon. It's a very minor annoyance though.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 01:34 PM
    Maybe by a slight bit, but it's not overly long for me. P.s. You can hide the keyboard by pressing on the 'enter text' area and swiping down (as if you're trying to push the keyboard down). I also find it easier to use the shift key and alternate characters tabs rather than long press on the keyboard.
    02-18-13 01:37 PM
    Yeah just a little too long but not too annoying.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 01:56 AM
    Hiding the keyboard, yes. Capitalization and alternate characters? Absolutely not! It's very very short as of now. Any shorter, and we'll never hear the end of complaints about accidental capitalization
    02-19-13 02:04 AM
    FYI you can use the two finger gesture to hide the keyboard. Use two fingers and swipe down to hide and viceversa to bring it up again.
    02-19-13 02:18 AM
    FYI you can use the two finger gesture to hide the keyboard. Use two fingers and swipe down to hide and viceversa to bring it up again.
    And one swipe down on the keyboard to change the character set.
    02-19-13 05:59 AM
    It's fine as it is.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 07:30 AM
    -For removing the keyboard: Long press on the spacebar is too long though there are other ways to do it that make it easier/faster (swiping down from the enter text/smiley face, touching a non-text area of the screen). Swiping up with 2 fingers...well that's never going to happen as I'm rarely holding my phone in such a way that allows for that maneuver to be a natural motion
    -For additional characters i flick down all the time, it's wonderful.
    -For capitalization i'd say it's a little too long, it feels longer than on my 9900.
    02-19-13 10:33 AM
    And one swipe down on the keyboard to change the character set.
    Cool! I didn't know that. This makes my Z10 keyboard just plain awesome!
    02-19-13 10:11 PM
    I know all of the shortcuts, but I just think that the long press is way longer than it needs to be. It is definitely longer than what it was on the 9900. When typing I constantly find that I am going back and trying again when it comes to the capitilization. I really liked that feature of the 9900 and so got very used to typing that way. I don't see how this would be a difficult thing to tweak and I figured that others had to have noticed the same thing.
    02-19-13 11:18 PM
    To make the keyboard swipe down you can also hold your finger over the smiley face and swipe down. I dont hold my phone right for the 2 finger swipe either, but this was a great find!
    03-07-13 12:26 PM