What kills me is they took away the month,week,day view at the bottom. I used that all the time. I also don't like the way they have the weeks all jammed up at the top now
    09-01-14 09:21 PM
    Growing numbers was great - very functional and handy. Hope they will bring them back.
    Now the monthly view looks quite confusing to me.

Posted via CB10
    beemaabeemababy likes this.
    09-01-14 09:42 PM
    Don't take the calendar app backwards please, BlackBerry. Especially with Blend coming!

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    09-01-14 11:20 PM
    The green line basically shows you the "work day hours" that you have set in the settings/options. Then it places little squares indicating appointments next to the lines to show at which point in (or outside) your work day those appointments are.

The problem is, that even if you were to have one short 15 minute appointment in a day, it adds the entire green vertical line, which only serves to further crowd the calendar. It's actually a good idea (to visually tell you when, in relation to your work hours, each appt occurs), but it would be way better if combined with the growing numbers,.. because it would give it more space to be noticed!

Posted via CB10
    That may be great for people working 9-5 Monday - Friday, but what about people who are working shift work? It doesn't work at all for them. (& me)

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 08:54 AM
    Is there anyone on this planet who actually likes the 10.3 calendar app more than the official current one?

No.

Didn't think so.

Posted via CB10
    FrankUnderwood likes this.
    09-02-14 09:41 AM
    That may be great for people working 9-5 Monday - Friday, but what about people who are working shift work? It doesn't work at all for them. (& me)

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! My wife works 12 hour shifts Sat-Monday and some random half day of the week to make up the the 40hrs. I work from home at whatever time I can get during whichever day I can. The green line is pretty much useless to me.

But the thing is, it's even less useful for those that do work those types of fixed schedules,.. because all it does is convey information they already know (that they work from 9 to 5)... lol

So they added something that conveys no new information to those for which it is compatible for, at the expense of something that was very informatively efficient for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    bounce007 and hannes89 like this.
    09-02-14 11:03 AM
    Is there anyone on this planet who actually likes the 10.3 calendar app more than the official current one?

No.

Didn't think so.

Posted via CB10
    Will it be fixed by the end of the month, or is BlackBerry really that unaware?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 01:13 PM
    Will it be fixed by the end of the month, or is BlackBerry really that unaware?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe 10.3.1 will tweak the calendar to be better suited for devices with smaller screens than the Passport behemoth.

Hopefully?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 01:16 PM
    Maybe 10.3.1 will tweak the calendar to be better suited for devices with smaller screens than the Passport behemoth.

Hopefully?

Posted via CB10
    I hope they fix it before 10.3 officially releases. I can imagine the disappointment of people with their new Passport who can't even utilise the calendar properly.

BlackBerry have always had the best calendar app. It would be a shame to go backwards from here.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by beemaabeemababy; 09-02-14 at 03:29 PM.
    DocDRM likes this.
    09-02-14 02:59 PM
    Totally agree with you on that point

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 03:13 PM
    When I look at the new calendar app, my brain doesn't want to comprehend what's going on. It's some next-level awfulness that attacks the subconscious. Is it really just the size-varying numbers from the old calendar app that made it so much better? I need to reinstall 10.2.1

I feel like it will be just as awful on the Passport as the Q10. We'll see, I guess.
    Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 04:55 PM
    Does anyone else miss the Calendar "growing numbers" after using the 10.3-img_20140902_201216.png

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    09-02-14 08:12 PM
    By the way is it still possible to use the double tap feature to jump to "today"? (double tap on month, week or day tab)

I hope you know what I mean.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 10:59 PM
    I find the new design easier to read. With the previous one the lines were too thin for me.

The growing numbers thing was unique far as I know but not something that was that big a deal in my opinion. I don't think it was something that would keep someone on BlackBerry. And not something that can't be done as well other ways.

Kinda like when BlackBerry changed the call screen. The old swipe up and down way was unique to BlackBerry. But it was also likely a barrier to some folks getting used to BlackBerry 10 having come from say Android. So BlackBerry made their method consistent with convention.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.0.1052
    09-02-14 11:29 PM
    I find the new design easier to read. With the previous one the lines were too thin for me.

The growing numbers thing was unique far as I know but not something that was that big a deal in my opinion. I don't think it was something that would keep someone on BlackBerry. And not something that can't be done as well other ways.

Kinda like when BlackBerry changed the call screen. The old swipe up and down way was unique to BlackBerry. But it was also likely a barrier to some folks getting used to BlackBerry 10 having come from say Android. So BlackBerry made their method consistent with convention.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.0.1052
    True, but in this case we've actually lost some functionality (as far as calendars go).

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 12:13 AM
    True, but in this case we've actually lost some functionality (as far as calendars go).

Posted via CB10
    Correct. I assume if you could ask some higher level engineer inside BlackBerry they'd give you an explanation as to why they could not and or did not do both.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.0.1052
    09-03-14 12:33 AM
    The new calendar actually seems to have a thinner indicator of an appointment. Which handset are you using?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 06:47 AM
    Correct. I assume if you could ask some higher level engineer inside BlackBerry they'd give you an explanation as to why they could not and or did not do both.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.0.1052
    Up to now, it seems that every change in the UI has been explained by, we ran some focus group research, and they said we should make it more consistent with Android/iOS.

Posted via CB10
    LVampa likes this.
    09-04-14 05:15 PM
    This is one of my biggest disappointments with 10.3. I loved the growing numbers (I think Windows Phone has it too), and now it's really useless to see what's on 'at a glance'.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 06:35 PM
    Totally agree. Why would BlackBerry take away functionality? I always had my calendar in month view so that I could easily see when I was free to book in clients. Looks like it won't be so easy to do in 10.3.

And what are those green lines? What do they represent? It doesn't seem like it indicates anything.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but have they taken away the colours in the month view too?

The calendar app is probably my most used app and the different colours and different sized numbers all made it very easy for me to read my schedule and create bookings for clients.

If they take that away from me, it just won't be as easy!

This seems to be the first thing that has put me off 10.3

Posted via CB10
    Exactly my feelings, I also rely on the month view. I very much like the new functionalities of the calendar (add tasks, agenda view), but month view is a step backwards. This is annoying because calendar is one my most used apps. Please bring back different colours of calendars and date size! The green bar seems to indicate nothing else than there is at least one meeting.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 07:49 PM
    Up to now, it seems that every change in the UI has been explained by, we ran some focus group research, and they said we should make it more consistent with Android/iOS.
    These iOS and Android fanboys all need to be punched in the balls for mucking with BB10 through focus groups.

Take all the unique features of BB10 away (check) and make it look more like Android (check) and you might as well sell a phone running Android.
    09-05-14 12:58 AM
    I never noticed the growing number before. I did notice that I can't tell what is what on a quick glance without being able to colour code them.

?
    09-09-14 12:45 PM
    I think we need to see the actual print preview in each day on the month calendar...like on the Android-"Business Calendar Free" app I had on my EVO3D a couple of years ago.

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon Z10 on 10.3.0.1154
    09-09-14 02:28 PM
    I don't see how "growing numbers" means anything. Most people have several events for each day. Does it really matter to know you have 5 appointments one day and only 3 the next? You still have to open the day view to see what your day looks like.
    Here's my calendar month view - though I normally use week view. Can someone post a 10.3 shot if the same view, so we can compare?

Does anyone else miss the Calendar "growing numbers" after using the 10.3-img_20140913_000202.png

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 11:06 PM
    10.2 growing numbers are way better than the calendar in 10.3, it looks like crap now with those big numbers.

Posted via CB10
    Agree 100%.... it is a great feature, I hope it stays...or should I just not update?

Z30 144GB
    09-13-14 03:03 AM
123 1234 ...