Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By DenverRalphy
  • 3 Post By howarmat
  • 1 Post By r0v3rT3N
    Banned

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Do you think RIM should first give out a BETA version of BB10?

As many analysts predict, BB10 is RIM's last chance for revival, if they fail with the BB10 its basically over for them.

So i think RIM should first give out a Beta test version of BB10 OS, so some serious blackberry geeks can let them know where the OS falls short, and where it needs improvement.

Does anyone agree with me?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,368 Global Posts

Well...yeah?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,067 Global Posts
    PIN
    Temporarily sans BB

That pretty much describes PB OS2.0 no?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Now how would they give out a beta of OS 10 without any devices that can run it? BB 10 will not be backward compatible, so without a new device there would be nothing to beta it on.

they did, its called a Playbook
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    PIN
    290BC3C6 (9900) / 500CF65B (PB)

They will also provide the BB10 Alfa device at BBJam! I'm pretty sure they will hear feedbacks from those

Global Posts
    6,560 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by lonedog View Post
    Now how would they give out a beta of OS 10 without any devices that can run it? BB 10 will not be backward compatible, so without a new device there would be nothing to beta it on.
    Not exactly. It won't run on current handsets, no, but it SHOULD run on the current Playbook hardware.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    898 Global Posts

I hope they give developers enough to create great apps and no more. There should be some wow factor left before the phones come out.

BTW, I don't believe RIM is toast if BB10 does not take off. I love my Bold 9930 and Playbook. However, I wish the BB10 line well as I want RIM to soar again.
    My BlackBerry. Just love it, love it, love it.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

I will test it only if they give me a new BB10 phone. I think that is fair.
    [B]Real BlackBerry Phones Have Real Keyboards
    Q10 the finest BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Someone in the General Discussion forum suggested a BB10 "lite" version that OS7 handsets can be upgraded to, which I thought was an AMAZING idea!

Check my posts to find it...
    Last edited by Searzy; 04-01-2012 at 08:19 PM.
    Z10 till I die...

searzyOUT!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

The thing with QNX is that it is quite difficult for developers to develop apps in this OS. So i have my doubts with bb10, unless it has some super capabilities it won't shine. I guess this why RIM is heading for the enterprises rather than the consumers.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    PIN
    290BC3C6 (9900) / 500CF65B (PB)

Quote Originally Posted by aazidane View Post
    The thing with QNX is that it is quite difficult for developers to develop apps in this OS. So i have my doubts with bb10, unless it has some super capabilities it won't shine. I guess this why RIM is heading for the enterprises rather than the consumers.
    I am gonna cry!! :'@

RIM is NOT abandoning the consumer market!!!! GOSH!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,599 Global Posts

Default Do you think RIM should first give out a BETA version of BB10?

I think that obviously rim won't come out and say we leaving the consumer market... But the mood is evident that thor knows they've fallen way behind their competitors so its best to focus on their strengths... The platform will be for both but it jus feels like he's slightly conceding the battle now.. That's my opinion before I get flamed lol
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    21B56580

I would love to try it out. I'm still using the windows 8 preview because its good. I hope I feel the same way with bb10

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Sometimes I like rolling up into a ball and pretending that I have a potato shell with a tomato core
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,891 Global Posts

Is this not what they are doing with PlayBook 2.0, AND at the BB10 Jam conference where they are handing out BB10 alpha devices?
    Check out my app: CChecker
    Superfly_FR likes this.

Global Posts
    10,356 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Quote Originally Posted by r0v3rT3N View Post
    Is this not what they are doing with PlayBook 2.0, AND at the BB10 Jam conference where they are handing out BB10 alpha devices?
    ^^ THIS, exactly.
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

I can guarantee there will be a beta for BB10. What I can't say is whether it will be a open or closed beta. My guess is there will be a closed beta and I bet kevin will get a device. I can't see there being an open beta because consumers don't have BB10 hardware to run it unless they make it available for the playbook but I don't think that will be likely.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by maple_leafs182 View Post
    I can guarantee there will be a beta for BB10. What I can't say is whether it will be a open or closed beta. My guess is there will be a closed beta and I bet kevin will get a device. I can't see there being an open beta because consumers don't have BB10 hardware to run it unless they make it available for the playbook but I don't think that will be likely.
    Someone, I'm sure, will correct me if I'm wrong but the Playbook currently runs BB10. The Playbook's operating system is the basis for BB10 ... it is not only the alpha and the omega ... but also the beta. [Sorry for that ... just couldn't resist! ]
    Posted using my 32 gig Playbook - and 9 times out of 10, my new BB OEM mini keyboard
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me..

2c

I for one hope that RIM is changing its talk first philosophy... for years we have seen talk the talk and now its time to walk the walk.. RIM needs to take a page from Apple's book and control this like fort knox...

You get no positive PR impact by leaking and releasing stuff early.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts

I would gladly purchase a new phone to run the beta testing! I thoroughly enjoyed the 2.0 beta, gave me a feeler of what to expect, I sure would love the same experience!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Death may be the King of terrors... but Jesus is the King of kings!
    Dwight L. Moody