Nope don't like it.

Zwiped from my Zed
    03-25-14 09:09 AM
    as seen in the current leak for Blackberry Z10 , 10.3.0.140, thhe GUI is using red color theme, but i didn't liked it too much as is the Blue color.
    so if Blackberry is hearing better to give option for theme color changing. so who don't want RED may choose Blue, Green, purple etc (for women may be pink).
    Well said, one of things I like about BB is the ability to customize certain aspects, so I'm with you
    03-25-14 09:46 AM
    Red is my favorite color.

But, red lettering against the black or really dark gray background makes for hard reading. The relative brightness of full red is about the same as medium gray. They try to make it stand out more by making it brighter and a bit lighter, but in doing so, the hue of red chosen looks overly garish to me.

Besides that, subconsciously, red is for alert, emergency or attention, so that every instance of it throughout the OS almost screams "LOOK AT ME!". Kind of annoying when used for every single option and toggle.

Change, I can deal with. But it has to make sense. And what I see doesn't make much sense - yet. But then, this build we're looking at is over a month and a half old, so hopefully there's been some refinement since then. I'm sure it will get there.

Still, options are nice. Something that BlackBerry seemed to forget back in the early development if OS 10. They've brought some options back since then. Maybe they'll do it for the color too (while I'm not so sure about that - the next build we see may tell us where they've decided to go).

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech and scrapmetal58 like this.
    03-25-14 09:59 AM
    The most thing yhat attracts me to BlackBerry since 3 years is its os design, switching to the red conflicts with the classic relaxing BlackBerry blue scheme, no no no for red please, or,at least give,the user an option to choose the color, but personaly I'm not shure that I'll upgrade to,this os if its only red, annoying look -_-

Posted via CB10
    I'm totally with you on that. So far nothing has ever detracted me from buying a phone but sadly enough this can very well be it. It's definitely FUGLY

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 09:59 AM
    I like both. Hope that's going to be a personalization toggle in the settings, blue or red highlights and accenting. Love to have the red on in the winter to give it a warmer feeling, and blue in the summer for a cooler one.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    03-25-14 10:03 AM
    I really like the red a lot. It should be an option for the color change though

T-Mobile Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228 ?
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    03-25-14 10:18 AM
    I myself am not a fan of the red. I think this might be indicative of them giving us theme options. That would be nice
    xBURK likes this.
    03-25-14 10:20 AM
    Keep it as blue please.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    03-25-14 10:45 AM
    Having played around with 10.3... I like the red.
    GRojasHruska, pttptppt and xBURK like this.
    03-25-14 10:59 AM
    I like the red. It's got a "worky" feel to it. It's like you're the captain of a spaceship doing important sh*t.
    GRojasHruska, pttptppt and xBURK like this.
    03-25-14 11:47 AM
    Red should be an option for things that are alarming, intense, and require immediate attention, aside I prefer blue. On that note, options are essential to the customizable experience. I'm okay seeing customization in 10.3.1 if 10.3 comes out soon ;-)
    03-25-14 11:57 AM
    Loving the red but they should make a theme option of Blue, Red, or Green!

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    03-25-14 12:08 PM
    I don't like the red highlights either.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 12:17 PM
    That red is atrocious! It doesn't fit with the OS at all.. very tacky looking. The current color palate of soft blues and greens is perfect. I LOVE every aspect of the current BlackBerry 10 OS with regards to color schemes. Don't muck with a good thing. If you wanna play the colors game give users the choice of OS wide light or dark theme... but please for the love of god don't ruin an aesthetically pleasing OS

Posted via CB10
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    03-25-14 12:22 PM
    Blue all the way !
    It is more relaxing and the red is usually used for danger, error and so on...

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    03-25-14 12:25 PM
    FWIW.

I hear this idea of changing the color was shot down anyway.
    anontoday, eldricho and tryfe like this.
    03-25-14 12:27 PM
    I prefer actual blue.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 12:30 PM
    I actually like the red theme but it needs to be optional judging by the rift in preference shown in these comments. Dark theme with red highlights look good IMHO

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 12:36 PM
    I like the red highlight, but adding the option to customize, no matter how small is the way to go. Red, Blue, Maroon, let the people choose.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 12:38 PM
    I really like the red...would like it to be a bit BOLDER of a red, sometimes to me it looks almost orange...if you are going with a colour make it bold and noticeable...im not saying a dark red, just one that is a vibrant strong red...that being said I really hope they allow for user control over the OS highlight colours! would definitely make the experience more personal and enjoyable for users!!

Offer the top colours...simple "white/black", red, blue, green, yellow, pink, purple, orange...

offer them all...OHHH and of course I am a firm believer now that they will be opening up Light/Dark themes for the entire OS in 10.3! clearly they have the Black down pat, and this 10.3 is showing a lot more white throughout the OS in places that it was typically Black...so I think its testing for theme colour customization!
    xBURK likes this.
    03-25-14 12:43 PM
    Red is fine with since I've been used to it for years. But blue would be nice too.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 12:48 PM
    No I don't
    03-25-14 12:48 PM
    Honestly curious, out of all the people who say they don't like the red, which ones have actually loaded the leak and which ones have only seen screen shots?
    xBURK likes this.
    03-25-14 12:54 PM
    Honestly curious, out of all the people who say they don't like the red, which ones have actually loaded the leak and which ones have only seen screen shots?
    I'm not going to compromise my only phone to try a leak.

Posted via Z10
    03-25-14 01:00 PM
    I don't like it

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 01:02 PM
202 ... 23456 ...