I'm just curious because a lot of you on here boast BlackBerry amazing security but have android apps. I don't because it's important to not have those malware apps on here. For me it's native or nothing.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 10:09 PM
    Yes

CB10/Z10
    08-10-14 10:11 PM
    I try not to, but sometimes it's necessary. The android runtime on bb10 is probably safer than a real android phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 10:13 PM
    I don't run Android -- and that's one reason the arrangement with Amazon disappoints me.

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    FF22, khoanguyen2010 and muellerto like this.
    08-10-14 10:22 PM
    I only run the Android apps that I need to get work done.

Posted via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.3253
    Shadowyugi and mkelley65 like this.
    08-10-14 10:36 PM
    I do... reluctantly.

Hopefully the BlackBerry Guardian apk scanner that can be non-functionaly found on the 10.3 leaks helps keep us a bit safer (or at least giving us that warm and fuzzy feeling of being looked after by the nice folks in Canada).

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    08-10-14 10:37 PM
    I used to. Android apps are so laggy in my phone, (don't know in anyone else's phone) so I decided to dump it. Besides it's not everyday apps I used. So, meh.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 10:41 PM
    I never do, I download from bbw always.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.2.1531
    08-10-14 10:41 PM
    I'm waiting for that guardian arrangement to happen and for the Passport to launch first before I touch them. Protection matters to me. And since android is laggy on my Z10, I must wait for the passport. I can't wait to buy it

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 11:08 PM
    I just use ig,snapchat and pictures..

Via 2 Years old beast (Z10)
    08-10-14 11:14 PM
    I'm just curious because a lot of you on here boast BlackBerry amazing security but have android apps. I don't because it's important to not have those malware apps on here. For me it's native or nothing.

Posted via CB10
    This is a ridiculous statement. As long as you know who and where you downloaded the app from, the you run little to no risk of any malware. Just like emails, it's up to the user to know who or where it was sent from before opening and risking infection.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 11:30 PM
    Does your Snapchat works correctly?

On mine images seems so blurry

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 11:32 PM
    @OP: Nope. Deinstalled the runtime as well.
    08-11-14 12:19 AM
    Over 3M downloads of Android apps on Snap, seems someone is downloading them.
    08-11-14 12:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I do. The apps that I use most are Instagram, Words with Friends, and Dice with Buddies. It definitely expands the app selection for my Z10. I have many native apps, but I will use Android apps as well.
    Northernlady likes this.
    08-11-14 01:10 AM
    I do where there is no native app most work fine and once running I don't usually notice lag the exception being myfitnesspal. I'm not too worried about malware I think the way the android works is reasonably isolated from the main os based on what I've read.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-11-14 01:28 AM
    For those who use the android apps, try Dice with Buddies. It works great, and you can play it both from your phone and your PC on Facebook.
    08-11-14 01:31 AM
    In my country(Hungary) I was unable to find a single home made app, so without android runtime I couldn't check the local publictransport, see what's in cinemas and a few more. Yes I see that you already typing for me, use your browser for this tasks but none of the previously mentioned are easy to watch on websites. And not just the independent developers but biger companies are simply avoid to create BlackBerry apps since here the average salary is just a little higher then the price of a Q10. So some cases android or nothing...for me nothing isn't an option (speaking about apps I would never switch from BlackBerry to android)

Q10 is my Qmpanion
    08-11-14 01:47 AM
    I download them only when necessary, don't really rate the performance of Android apps on BlackBerry. They just feel odd, like putting a website within an iframe. It's just not natural.

There are some business related apps that need to be developed by third party developers or BlackBerry such as they did with Salesforce 1.

I believe if this gap is completed with native apps, from a business perspective BlackBerry would have it covered. There is a clear intention that BlackBerry is a business device, and will not compete on the app eco system in the near future, Amazon relationship to me doesn't really mean much. Non BlackBerry users that shift to BlackBerry will notice this, the app experience is just not complete. I believe this will harm them more than benefit them.
    08-11-14 01:53 AM
    I'm not too worried about malware I think the way the android works is reasonably isolated from the main os based on what I've read.
    Sure, but not isolated at all from your data, your contacts, your calendar events, your messages and so on.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-11-14 01:57 AM
    Sure, but not isolated at all from your data, your contacts, your calendar events, your messages and so on.
    Most people don't care about that either. I know I don't, for some reason a lot of people here have a sense of persecution.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 02:06 AM
    Downloaded various android apps from amazon app store and snap. Every experience I have with any of those apps is pretty much a bad one. They take forever to start up and they make the phone extremely hot. Also, they always shutdown while using them. I get the error message of it has stopped would you like to close or wait. Very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 02:49 AM
    I hav to say that I�m not using android apps as I aspected I would.

First I thought "Wow, I can have thousands of apps.." but then I realized that I dont want thousands of apps. And If I look in the play store / Amazon App Store / 1mobile market etc I cant find interesting apps.
    most popular apps are:
    • games -> I dont play games on my phone.
    • Facebook, Instagram, tumblr, vine, etc. -> way too many social networks for me. I�m busy enough by meeting friends and family in real life.
    • fart apps, weather apps, dating apps -> thanks, but If I want to know how the weather is I look out of the window and if I want to know how the weather will be the next day I dont need more than the built in weather app. And for dating and farting I dont need an app

I only use one or two android apps because we cant get them native, for example skype and spotify and I dont like it. Everytime I have to use an Android app I have to look how to use it. where is a menu button, how can i go one step back, what happens when I touch this or that field.... It doenst feel consistent or logical. But maybe I�m to dumb to get it.
    iRetired likes this.
    08-11-14 03:19 AM
    Just when I have to. I have the public transport app because there is no native solution and Pixlr because it's awesome
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-11-14 03:21 AM
    Yes, a few. Mostly Netflix, a couple of weather radar apps and a banking app.

None of the native radar apps are worth a crap.
    There is no native Netflix or the banking app I use.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    08-11-14 03:21 AM
150 123 ...