Does anyone else find it annoying to have to search for pictures in different places when trying to send a file via Bbm or whatever else?

I love my Z10, and BB10 in general, but Link, and the way files are displayed in the phone are infuriating.

Posted via CB10
    loyalIND likes this.
    11-30-13 12:27 PM
    I don't find it annoying or infuriating. There are a few ways you can make it easier on yourself. Such as changing from a grid to a list or changing the sorting of the files. Are you also talking about how pictures can be in different folders depending on what their source was? Such as pics downloaded through the browser are in a different folder from pics taken with your camera which are different from pics sent to you from a friend over BBM? If that's the case I would suggest organizing your current files into folders the way you like and know where specific folders are located for future reference. It won't fix it but it will help with the frustrations. Once in a while I find I have to make folders for specific events or something to keep them from clogging up my Camera folder. Anyway Good luck.
    11-30-13 01:18 PM
    I feel your pain, but I know it will eventually be fixed.

The Camera app needs to be updated so that designated folders can be chosen as save locations.
    (I feel like a hoarder, lol)

The trouble is that there is the Device and the Media Card, which double the issue.

Camera
    Photos
    Downloads
    [various app folders]

Another issue was if you had a previous blackberry with a BlackBerry folder that included another picture folder. (an easy fix, though.)

It takes a fair amount of maintenance to know where things are.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 02:00 PM
    In 1055 when you want to attach a picture it goes directly to a "pictures tab" a tab with all pictures on your device, media card etc..

So that helps

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    11-30-13 02:15 PM
    There are default locations for everything. If you used your sd card in android and os7 phones before then you can end up with photos in various locations.
    It then becomes a little confusing.
    You can choose media card or device as default for the camera.
    Maybe someone could post what the default locations are for everything and what an sd card file structure looks like with only the folders that BlackBerry creates using defaults.
    BlackBerry os 10 file manager is prettty good compared to any other os. Having said that there are alternate file managers you can download from bbm.
    I just use the default BlackBerry filemanager because I like it. On andrroid I used one from plkay store that was better in my opinion to the default. Think Total Commander?
    11-30-13 02:16 PM
    I don't find it to be a problem.

BB Proud
    11-30-13 02:24 PM
    It took me a couple runs to figure all that out myself. I do wish there were a master option for all content to be automatically saved to the SD card because I use some apps that, should I choose to save something, get sent straight to device memory without asking where I want to save it.

Having figured out how easy the file selector / manager is to bounce around in though, it doesn't bother me anymore at all, even if now and again I have to use it to send a file to the SD myself. Love the built-in option to zip stuff too.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 02:30 PM
    Yes! The image app is substandard and in need of some TAT talent.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    11-30-13 02:37 PM
    They need to redo the way cam photos /screen shots are named - by date taken for example IMO. That way, at least, it's just not a random image number and the folder can be sorted by most recent first.

That being said I haven't had issues attaching or looking for images at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 02:52 PM
    They need to redo the way cam photos /screen shots are named - by date taken for example IMO. That way, at least, it's just not a random image number and the folder can be sorted by most recent first.

That being said I haven't had issues attaching or looking for images at all.

Posted via CB10
    It is not a random # look at it again, it's the year and month only the last # is steps

11-30-13 05:11 PM
    It is not a random # look at it again, it's the year and month only the last # is steps

fine not random but sequential.

what OS are you on? I'm on the latest official 10.2. I just took a screen and a cam shot and I get this format: IMG_00000054 and IMG_00000055. granted it shows the date underneath, but it just seems odd to me to not name it according to the date and time. I've wiped the OS several times and everytime the sequence restarts at 00000001. this allows files to be overwritten - especially if they are being uploaded to box.
    11-30-13 09:02 PM
    I think it's pretty easy to find in the phone either go to the picture or the file manager app. I tend to have folders for mine so I go into the folders and search there and if not just use the scroll bar at the side to jump by months

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 10:01 AM
    No, it's not hard. Pretty logical IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 10:16 AM