I just sold my old Z10.

Before doing so, I did a security wipe. But when the kid came to buy it and we started it up, it still asked for my password due to the THEFT feature. We put it in, went to SETTINGS and Blackberry ID and Blackberry Protect and there was no getting my name/email off. We tried to edit it, it would still ask for my password, we tried putting it in, but it wouldn't take it anymore, then we tried turning Theft Protect off, it still had it stuck. Tried removing my device from the Blackberry Protect website... nothing, the website froze. He finally just took it, but my ID is still attached to the phone.

How do we remove it? We are still emailing each other trying to figure it out.

Please help!
    05-06-16 07:08 PM
    I'm not sure why the website "froze" , but you need to remove that device from BlackBerry Protect online using your BBID. Then he will have to do another security wipe. He will then be able to set it up using his own credentials.
    05-06-16 07:34 PM
    I tried a few hours later online, and it actually did it this time. Not sure why the site froze earlier either. Thanks!
    05-06-16 09:15 PM