I apologize in advance if this is a recurring issue, I have looked through the forums with no success, hence my post here:

I love my BB (Q10) but one thing that bugs me is the automated replacement, while typing, of certain keywords. For instance: the "de" letters are replaced with the current date. While this can undoubtedly be useful to some, "de" happens to be one of the most common words in french (one of the languages I commonly write text in). It is therefore very annoying to speed through the text only to realize that I have to backtrack and correct all the replaced words.

Is there a way to disable this automatic replacement? I like how the software is correcting my typos, but can I disable the keywords themselves?
    01-30-14 10:18 AM
    Settings - language and inputs - prediction and correction - word substitution - OFF

Posted via CB10
    sin-co and b4silio like this.
    01-30-14 10:39 AM
    Oooooh!

Thank you very much indeed!

It is peculiar that the one substitution that bugs me the most (de -> date) does not actually appear in the list of substitutions that is displayed by default!

In any case, you've helped me solve my major issue, so a heartfelt thanks!
    Alberta Blue likes this.
    01-30-14 12:11 PM
    Not sure if you're aware of not, but you can add multiple languages for spell check as well. Mon fran�ais est horrible, mais si j'�cris "de" it remains "de", peut-�tre because I have anglais et fran�ais enabled?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 12:16 PM