Hi everyone!!!

I recently (week or two now) got a new Z10 and am loving most everything about it (came from an Iphone4).

One thing that I am not liking is the emojicons / smiley faces in the sms. Is there a way to disable these? I receive automated sms from my work with information about addresses and such and need to be able to interpret the information quickly. I have no control over the format in which the message is sent out (above my pay grade), so that is not an option...anyone else care to give me a hint on how to get rid of the smiley faces?

Thanks,

Anthony

ps...I did try searching here and on the web, but was not able to find anything pertaining to the new OS10
    07-23-13 03:02 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Or congrats on finally making your first post anyway.
    Please update your profile to show device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

No way to do this.

If it matters, it's only appearing locally like that, specifically regarding Texts.
    So, your device is showing you :) as a smiley, but it's still just sending as :) only.

Hope that made sense.
    twon01 likes this.
    07-23-13 03:22 PM
    I've tried, I can't find any way to stop the phone converting character combinations when sending SMS. However it should display incoming messages exactly as sent (no way I can test this, I don't have a non-converting dumbphone which can send a few smiley combinations as the raw characters). Yet another example of a bells-and whistles dumb feature gone wrong
    07-23-13 03:25 PM
    Elite1,

Thanks for the reply (never really intended on posting much...I was able to find most answers by searching).

I am not sure if it matters or not...but these sms messages are being sent from a computer program through the wireless company to my phone. I was still hoping there would be a way to have regular text.

Does anyone by chance know of a secondary sms "app" that I could use in this situation (if there is one ?)?
    07-23-13 07:20 PM
    Elite1,

Thanks for the reply (never really intended on posting much...I was able to find most answers by searching).

I am not sure if it matters or not...but these sms messages are being sent from a computer program through the wireless company to my phone. I was still hoping there would be a way to have regular text.

Does anyone by chance know of a secondary sms "app" that I could use in this situation (if there is one ?)?
    I use Google voice, you have to side load it but it does display characters only. Or you can use the forward text to email option on gvoice to for go the app and the email displays the characters as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 09:06 PM