Guess I should have wrote that Outlook 2013 will be the last version, I'll edit. Is it true that you don't need the Hotmail/ Outlook connector to sync with your Hotmail/Outlook email on Outlook 2013?
    ill let you know just finished downloading, i will find out if there is any difference but may not get a chance to work on this all day again for a couple days.
    02-08-13 02:17 PM
    ill let you know just finished downloading, i will find out if there is any difference but may not get a chance to work on this all day again for a couple days.
    Dave, are you planning on OTA syncing your Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes to your Outlook.com account, and then to your Outlook desktop, and are you using a Z10? If so, let us know how it goes! I'm interested to see how it handles the sync between Remember (Z10) and Tasks and Notes (Outlook). I'm using Outlook 2010, and will likely be syncing OTA when I get my BB10.
    Last edited by berryaddictnoza; 02-08-13 at 03:05 PM.
    02-08-13 02:41 PM
    I have 2013 and outlook is still there. (just saying) also even if killed today there would be millions of people still running outlook **** i still constantly run into people running office 2000 and 2003 and they complain they cant open my file.
    I don't think a lot of people realize this.... Most fortune 500 corporations do not upgrade their IT infrastructure but maybe once every 6-7 years. The company I work for is just now rolling out Office 2007 and Windows 7 on their employee's machines and hope to be done by 4th quarter 2015.
    02-08-13 02:54 PM
    We just finished rolling out Office 2010. Windows 7 is underway. Windows XP and Office 2003 go off maintenance (no more security updates) in April 2014.
    02-08-13 03:05 PM
    We just finished rolling out Office 2010. Windows 7 is underway. Windows XP and Office 2003 go off maintenance (no more security updates) in April 2014.
    You guys can considered yourselves blessed to have missed Vista!
    currentodysseys likes this.
    02-08-13 03:07 PM
    Oh I killed that quickly.
    berryaddictnoza likes this.
    02-08-13 03:09 PM
    Heck, my company is still using Lotus Notes as a means to communicate.. I use to USB sync my Lotus Notes Calendar to my Bold, and then my Bold to MS Outlook at home. Now getting the Z10, that's why I came to Crackberry for a solution since it's not on Blackberry Link...

Looks like everyone else has the same issue and concern. The Calendar is a very important feature for me. BB get cracking on a solution.! Not a happy camper.... I'm debating if I should carry my Bold and Z10 together just so that I can have up-to-date calendar entries available at my disposal..
    02-08-13 03:21 PM
    HAs anyone tried to do a manual sync by exporting out of outlook, to .csv, or similar and the importing to bb10 thru Link?

I understand this is not an acceptable solution long term, but can that be used to at least get tasks and calendar started?

I know I have used this trick in the past, when google, orhotmail would hijack and fubar the calendar, or address book on my old bold.
    I've tried this, as mostly what I care about at the moment is getting a copy of my calendar onto my Z10 without having to manually enter every entry. I've exported a couple if times, but haven't figured out a way to get my Z10 to read a .csv file. The phone seems to want a .ics file, if any kind at all...if anyone has any ideas or explanation...I'm all ears!

I'm tired of all the bickering, we know BBRY kinda dropped the ball on this, we know there's a lot of people who are ticked off.....Let's hear some answers and ideas! If they won't fix it, we can surely try. I personally am not opposed to a wireless cloud sync, but some are, so lets help each other...

Constantly repeating the problem...doesn't FIX the problem...

If people could list what programs they are using, what versions etc. Maybe we could come up with relevant solutions...I'm tired of hearing solely about Gmail, I don't have a gmail acct, so that is useless to me.

I'm using a Z10, with Outlook 2007, and a @rogers.com email address for my calendar
    momofteme likes this.
    02-08-13 04:37 PM
    I've tried this, as mostly what I care about at the moment is getting a copy of my calendar onto my Z10 without having to manually enter every entry. I've exported a couple if times, but haven't figured out a way to get my Z10 to read a .csv file. The phone seems to want a .ics file, if any kind at all...if anyone has any ideas or explanation...I'm all ears!

I'm tired of all the bickering, we know BBRY kinda dropped the ball on this, we know there's a lot of people who are ticked off.....Let's hear some answers and ideas! If they won't fix it, we can surely try. I personally am not opposed to a wireless cloud sync, but some are, so lets help each other...

If people could list what programs they are using, what versions etc. Maybe we could come up with relevant solutions...I'm tired of hearing solely about Gmail, I don't have a gmail acct, so that is useless to me.

I'm using a Z10, with Outlook 2007, and a @rogers.com email address for my calendar
    There was a post somewhere on one of these Outlook sync posts that details how to wireless sync through an Outlook (or converted Hotmail) email account. I haven't done it yet, otherwise I'd post it. It can be done.

Mods;
    It would be nice if we could have how to set up BB10 to wirelessly sync to Outlook desktop posted as a "sticky" in the BB10 section.
    02-08-13 05:16 PM
    I've just gone from an old 8703e running V4.1 OS to the Z10. I have always used Companionlink software to direct sync between with a cable to Outlook. If you look at this link, you can see there is likely relief on the way. Sync BB10 with Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes -- CompanionLink Software. It states: Direct CompanionLink Sync will be available when our DejaOffice app is approved in the BlackBerry World app store. This approval is pending. Hopefully it is soon because Blackberry Link does not work transferring data from V4 OS to a new device.
    02-08-13 05:25 PM
    I'll follow up with BlackBerry and see if they have any plans coming on if / how they are going to address this.

Kinda feels like the world wants everybody to make the leap to the cloud at some point. Get that there's a ton of people who haven't yet and won't anytime soon.

BlackBerry Link - Where's the beef? | CrackBerry.com
    Thanks Kevin, it really counts knowing you ll get that through. It is not only not wanting to go to the cloud, it also is not being able/allowed to go to the cloud for some of us.
    I for one and certainly many more appreciate your take on that one. (if you see it appropriate we might set up a poll here somewhere so as to provide BBadicts' stats towards that claim? Just a suggestion for further thought)

cheers.
    02-08-13 05:29 PM
    I've just gone from an old 8703e running V4.1 OS to the Z10. I have always used Companionlink software to direct sync between with a cable to Outlook. If you look at this link, you can see there is likely relief on the way. Sync BB10 with Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes -- CompanionLink Software. It states: Direct CompanionLink Sync will be available when our DejaOffice app is approved in the BlackBerry World app store. This approval is pending. Hopefully it is soon because Blackberry Link does not work transferring data from V4 OS to a new device.
    After exchanging a few emails with CompanionLink sales staff, I am under the impression that you can sync now using CompanionLink Professional 5.0 and only need DejaOffice on the BB10 device if you want integration with Hub.
    02-08-13 05:37 PM
    I have a relevant question for Calendar: has any of you that already are enjoying the Z10, had a chance to receive an email invitation for an event through outlook on your phone? If yes, please let me know how this handles the matter when accepted. If you receive a calendar appointment as participant on a meeting and accept it on the Z10, does it automatically end up on your phone' s calendar?

If this is the case, then it kind of smoothens down the problem.

Thanks!
    02-08-13 05:47 PM
    I've heard rumors that MS will end Outlook desktop with the 2013 version
    This is flat out wrong. My BB9900 was able to sync to Outlook 2013 using DM via USB. I've not seen anything from Microsoft to suggest they would be killing off any sync capabilities...
    02-08-13 06:53 PM

I just googled up these instructions for exporting an ICS file out of outlook, I don't know if it works for sure, and I dont have outlook at home anymore.

Instructions
    Launch Outlook and click the "Calendar" module in the top toolbar of the window.

Select the desired calendar in the left frame, if applicable, and select "Save As" under "File" in the top menu bar.

Sponsored Links

Duplicate Email Remover
    Remove all duplicated e-mails with this Microsoft Outlook add-in.
    MAPILab.com/Outlook-Duplicates/
    Type the file name and select "iCalendar Format (*.ics)" from the drop down menu next to "Save as type".

Click the "More Options" button and select "Specify dates" from the drop down menu next to "Date Range".

Type the starting and ending dates for the calendar in the corresponding fields and then click the "OK" button.

Click the "Save" button.

Read more: How to Convert an Outlook Calendar to ICS | eHow.com How to Convert an Outlook Calendar to ICS | eHow.com
    02-08-13 07:56 PM
    I can only say this.. keep the faith and watch for future announcements.
    02-08-13 07:58 PM
    I have Outlook 2010
    02-08-13 07:59 PM
    I can only say this.. keep the faith and watch for future announcements.
    Inside info? Hmmmmmm?
    02-08-13 08:00 PM
    There was a post somewhere on one of these Outlook sync posts that details how to wireless sync through an Outlook (or converted Hotmail) email account. I haven't done it yet, otherwise I'd post it. It can be done.

Mods;
    It would be nice if we could have how to set up BB10 to wirelessly sync to Outlook desktop posted as a "sticky" in the BB10 section.
    I've tried, I thought I was doing everything right, but it doesn't seem to work for me. As I said, I'm using a @rogers.com email address so that could be why.

Does anyone know if there's a way to use the "publish calendar" function of Outlook to get it to the BB? And if so, will it keep it in constant sync? Or would I have to ask the blackberry to poll for it everytime I wanted an update?

Also, I assume that going this way would only be a one way sync? ie, it wouldn't sync stuff i received on my phone back to my desktop?
    02-08-13 08:00 PM
    one more I found maybe this will work...then you could email new appointments until BB gets the kinks out.

Export from Outlook 2007/2010:
    Open your Outlook Calendar in Outlook 2007/2010.
    Choose Send Calendar via email from the Navigation pane.
    Select the date range and other options top include in the file.
    Tip: You're limited to a 10 yr period per export, so if your calendar includes longer periods and you need old appointments, export it multiple times. If you were in the habit of creating birthdays beginning with the person's birth year, it's probably easier to change the appointment in Vista's Calendar later, exporting just the last year or two and forward 8 – 9 years.
    After Outlook creates the email message with the ics file attached, save the *.ics.
    Tip: The name of the ics will be the name of the calendar in Calendar if you choose to create a new calendar when you import it.
    All that is left is to copy the file to your Vista computer, open Calendar and File, Import.
    02-08-13 08:02 PM
    I just googled up these instructions for exporting an ICS file out of outlook, I don't know if it works for sure, and I dont have outlook at home anymore.

Instructions
    Launch Outlook and click the "Calendar" module in the top toolbar of the window.

Select the desired calendar in the left frame, if applicable, and select "Save As" under "File" in the top menu bar.

Sponsored Links

Duplicate Email Remover
    Remove all duplicated e-mails with this Microsoft Outlook add-in.
    MAPILab.com/Outlook-Duplicates/
    Type the file name and select "iCalendar Format (*.ics)" from the drop down menu next to "Save as type".

Click the "More Options" button and select "Specify dates" from the drop down menu next to "Date Range".

Type the starting and ending dates for the calendar in the corresponding fields and then click the "OK" button.

Click the "Save" button.

Read more: How to Convert an Outlook Calendar to ICS | eHow.com How to Convert an Outlook Calendar to ICS | eHow.com
    +1 Thanks being part of the solution, instead of part of the whine!

This could be a step in the right direction, I'm going to start goofing around with this and see what I can come up with. Who else has got an idea?
    currentodysseys likes this.
    02-08-13 08:05 PM
    Hi Ben,

Actually I was wondering If the solution that Luc suggested in his original post worked for Outlook. I don't have a Z10 since I live in the US.

There are a lot of threads about this issue and I wanted to know from Z10 owners' if Luc's Suggestion worked or not.
    02-08-13 08:19 PM
    Anyone who is relying on free cloud based services has their head in the clouds.

There is no guarantee that these services will be around, will remain secure or will remian free. Look at Google removing EAS support. Heck, look at BlackBerry killing off BIS for BB10.

At the end of the day, it's the users who are left hanging. At least provide them with a desktop sync tool to they have control over their own data.

I'm not an old guy (in my 20s) and I don't trust cloud storage. I'm not "old fashioned" I just don't see a need to change something that works perfectly well for me. I have clients (I do computer work) who are using BlackBerry phones, and to lose Outlook desktop sync would be a nightmare for them.

Suggesting that small businesses constantly modify their practices to accommodate a new phone is ridiculous. A phone should blend in seamlessly. When you're a one man operation you don't want to waste time migrating to free clouds, especially if you're dealing with confidential information.
    +1000
    You nailed it perfectly.
    KodyShadow and harryon like this.
    02-08-13 08:41 PM
    ok, so I did the .ics export via the Save As option, from there I had to go to my Yahoo page (since rogers email is basically yahoo renamed) and import the newly created .ics file into my yahoo calendar, from there I deleted my rogers acct on my Z10 and re-added it, giving me the option to sync calendar...it worked!

At least now I have a copy of my calendar on my Z10. I know this doesn't solve the problem for people who don't want to use a cloud or online service. But it's a start and an option for people who don't have Gmail.

I still hope there is a developer out there working on this, as I would still like to have a direct connect type option...plus I believe this was a one time, one way option...I want proper sync, both directions all the time.

Let's hear some ideas to improve on this.
    02-08-13 09:26 PM
    That would likely be fine. But the silence from Blackberry is deafening. And after Thor turning from the Mike/Jim dark days of old, unacceptable.

- R.
    I also think that the silence from Blackberry must be even more confusing for a developer, who is considering in investing effort in development of a sync solution. After all, their investment might quickly become obsolete if Blackberry will decide to include the feature.
    02-08-13 10:08 PM
305 ... 23456 ...