There have been lots of questions and threads on this issue and zero comments from those close to RIM/Blackberry, so I'm calling it out. Please excuse the frustration, but this is a simple question, it's a very important issue for lots of us out here, and the silence has been deafening - "It syncs to Outlook" with no details is no longer acceptable. This is a deal breaker for many on here, so can anyone make it simple and clear?

Direct questions :

1) What options does BB10 offer for syncing desktop Outlook (POP3 email accounts, not using Exchange) for Tasks, Calendar, Contacts and Notes?
    (USB, local WiFi, Blackberry Link, 3rd party conduit via Outlook.com or Google, etc.)

2) What are the limitations on each option? (do categories get synced? are there date range limitations on Calendar items or Tasks, etc.)

TIA - R.
    benjimin, kfh227, kolok and 7 others like this.
    02-06-13 02:32 PM
    bump......
    02-06-13 02:53 PM
    Seriously - why are you bumping? Because no one is waiting at your beck and call for an answer?

Great question to the OP - just not getting a "bump" because there's no answer in 20 minutes
    02-06-13 02:59 PM
    Dude, chill out. I just wanted to bump it up in the list. Thought maybe more people would notice.
    02-06-13 03:04 PM
    After only 20 mins?
    02-06-13 03:16 PM
    Been 2 hours now
    02-06-13 04:29 PM
    This is the make-or-break issue for me as well. I need direct sync for calendar, notes and contacts; not through the cloud.
    go1ndr, kolok, srfinva and 1 others like this.
    02-06-13 04:45 PM
    Seriously - why are you bumping? Because no one is waiting at your beck and call for an answer?

Great question to the OP - just not getting a "bump" because there's no answer in 20 minutes
    To be fair that wasn't the op that bumped it
    Rooster99 likes this.
    02-06-13 04:50 PM
    I'd like an answer to this as well.
    02-06-13 04:50 PM
    Seriously people, who gives a damn whether I bumped it or not? It's not like I threw some garbage on the street. If anything it is a little cyber pollution. Get over it.

and.....

Bump......
    Bondte, SlcCorrado, phylez and 4 others like this.
    02-06-13 04:51 PM
    ^----- needs to be able to sync to outlook via USB. No other option!
    02-06-13 04:56 PM
    I think it's against the forum rules to bump your posts. But it is a good question.
    02-06-13 04:57 PM

I'm the OP and I didn't bump it. Chill, ok?

- R.
    kolok likes this.
    02-06-13 05:06 PM
    I think it's against the forum rules to bump your posts. But it is a good question.
    I'm the OP and as howarmat pointed out, I'm not the one who bumped this. Please read more carefully before lighting things up.

Thanks - R.
    02-06-13 05:07 PM
    Longtime BB guy....moved to android in aug but plan to be back in black asap.
    Outlook sync is pretty important for me, as well. I even figured out how to sync my GS3 to outlook AND gmail contacts.
    I'd be totally cool w/wireless sync, too.
    I really want to believe BB will fix identified issue in a timely fashion......this is what I was lead to believe, anyway
    02-06-13 05:15 PM
    I'd like to know how to just transfer calendar/contacts over from torch to z10. Forget about backing up to Outlook!!!

I was able to go through the long process of backing my phone to outlook, then exporting calendar/contacts files, then import them into gmail, and finally got that to work. (Temp fix as Z10 and gmail will not sync my entire calendar) i want to see ALL of my previous entries and ALL in the future, not just the year or whatever it syncs to on my Z10.

Now I have a friend that has a MAC and just wants to transfer her contacts and calendar over and tried to help her over the phone but didn't work so she is coming over so I could use my windows computer to do the same thing from my place.

You really SHOULD be able to transfer your contacts/calendars on initially getting the phone with Blackberry Link but you cant...........
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-06-13 05:50 PM
    Come on Kevin - your people are crying out.
    Amazing that none of the developers or testers figured out this is a huge miss.
    02-06-13 05:50 PM
    I have to say... Outlook Sync is also important.
    I mean I can go on write a story, but I'm just going to leave it here. Contacts import have been ****..........
    kolok and camandcole like this.
    02-06-13 06:04 PM
    I'ld like an answer too? This thread has typified why some forums aren't for those of us looking for a quick answer to a real question. At the time of my reply there were 17 replies and only 7 were on the topic that the OP was asking about. Ten were related to an issue that had nothing to do with the question and wastes everybodies time who is looking for real answers.
    02-06-13 06:05 PM
    Can't you just get a free outlook.com account (which uses active exchange), and use it for tasks, calendar and notes (and have your desktop outlook syncd to the same outlook.com account? I think that should work unless anyone else knows why it won't (its what I plan to do, anyway).
    barnyr and moonfalle like this.
    02-06-13 06:06 PM
    Can't you just get a free outlook.com account (which uses active exchange), and use it for tasks, calendar and notes (and have your desktop outlook syncd to the same outlook.com account? I think that should work unless anyone else knows why it won't (its what I plan to do, anyway).
    1) I don't want to have sensitive info in the cloud - I want it in my desktop Outlook
    2) Even that sync has limitations (date ranges, not all data syncs, etc. (ex : desktop Outlook Categories for Tasks etc.)

Devil's in the details.

- R.
    kolok likes this.
    02-06-13 06:18 PM
    Only for personal email. Not work related email
    02-06-13 07:04 PM
    Lots of interest in this topic - check out the thread below :

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...67/index4.html

- R.
    02-06-13 08:13 PM
    Info on Blackberry's own user forums - not looking good :

Will BB10 + BB Link natively sync to Outlook? - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Nor is it looking good that Blackberry's silence on this issue is causing its loyal users to waste considerable time and effort going down the rabbit hole. Even if there are zero plans to accomodate this requirement, Blackberry should at least clarify whole Outlook desktop sync issue. This silence is old school RIM style.

- R.
    kbz1960, kolok and arif aulia like this.
    02-06-13 08:21 PM
    Lots of confusion on this issue, see my post defining the issue: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-issue-768712/
    02-06-13 10:39 PM
305 123 ...