Desktop Manager & Windows 8
Now, I understand that BlackBerry Desktop Manager for BlackBerry OS 10 is going to have some great new features, but one problem that will affect a lot of us is if it will work on Windows 8. Now I'm happy sticking with my Curve for another year or so, but next Christmas, if it comes to it that I went to jump up to BackBerry 10, I want to be able to add things like events and music (etcetera) on my Windows 8 computer. Now, one of the things I'm worrying about is; will BlackBerry 10 Desktop Manager work on Windows 8? I've already read other threads about this problem. And I probably will keep my Curve for the next year, so I'm hoping that sooner or later, RIM will make the current Desktop Manager compatible. Adding onto this, I have no doubts that Windows 8 will recognize the Curve as a mass-storage device. These worries continue because of my PlayBook too.
- 01-02-2013, 09:25 AM #2Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
Blackberry 9900 (v188.8.131.529 Rogers/BES), Playbook (v184.108.40.2064) | Rooted SGS III
- 01-02-2013, 09:42 AM #3
Desktop Manager 220.127.116.11 (bundle 39) Works great on my Windows 8 Pro 64 bit with the Media Centre pack.
- 01-02-2013, 09:52 AM #4
I use dm on win8. I only use it, loader, to install a new OS or to debrick my pb. Unsure how the rest works.Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
the 50K CrackBerry challenge
Thanks everyone. Just wanted to see other people's views and if they could answer the question. So basically, I just download it as I did on my Home Windows 7 PC? I've heard that you need to install extra drivers or something...
- By Mattsworld in forum Desktop SoftwareReplies: 8Last Post: 01-17-2010, 01:55 PM
- By mumont1978 in forum Desktop SoftwareReplies: 1Last Post: 12-08-2009, 09:48 AM
- By Becca83 in forum Desktop SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 11-18-2009, 04:25 PM
- By Mattsworld in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 3Last Post: 07-28-2009, 06:02 PM
- By scubaduba in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 0Last Post: 04-23-2008, 01:20 PM