I was so worried about not being able to go to next/previous e-mail after filing my e-mail but today I realized you can swipe right to reveal the e-mail list and then without letting go you can swipe UP for next email or DOWN for previous e-mail in the list. (No, on-screen next/previous arrows do not work with filed emails)

Same thing works with unread emails. Sadly, this is not incorporated into "pinch to filter" screen (Pinch filter hides the unread email as soon as you open it, so you are unable to go to Next/Previous since system doesn't know which email you are ready) however as workaround when you know you have unread emails scattered around, go to Search, Filter By.. "Unread".
    In this screen you are able to use next/previous gesture.

Tune In on Blackberry can broadcast song/station info over Bluetooth! Amazing. I used BB7, Android 2.x and Android 4.2 devices. Non of them displayed the station or the song name on my car radio when I stream over Bluetooth, but surprisingly Q10 and Z30 (did not use Z10 in my car yet) can transmit song info/station/etc as indicated on my favorite streaming service Tune In. I did not try Pandora or others but my guess is I am in for another surprise.

When I paired my Q10 on 10.2.1 and Z30 on 10.2.0 with my vehicle this is what it had on screen. Amazing!

I am sure you all know on iDrive systems, your stereo is capable of reading you your e-mails and SMS messages out loud so you don't have to pick up your phone and look at the screen. This was the same situation with 9900 but just wanted to remind you guys. Perks of running QNX on BMW.

I had totally forgotten that when replying to an e-mail you can peek back without having to close the compose view.

---

When I decided to start this thread I had bunch of other features that got me by surprise (most were not advertised, ---OK, almost nothing is advertised, yes we know) now I forgot about them. Will come back and add later..

What are some features that you discovered? Don't think it's something everyone would already know, don't keep it to yourself, share! Maybe some of them are "duh!" but still, duh for someone could very well be a eureka! (and a time saver) for someone else.
    02-10-14 12:29 AM
    I knew of your hidden gems already, and all have been covered previously in other threads or even some in blog posts too. But it's okay, there's just too many of both BB10 features and CB threads to keep up on all.

I stopped using the Next/Previous Hub gesture on 10.2.1 because it includes another method. Read a message. Done? Slide your finger somewhere in screen and in bottom right corner of email you'll see grey left/right arrows. These do the same as the new gesture you discovered.

The "My Car" lock screens with car logo is a cool easter egg too.
    Btw, a quirk of BB10 is that you can screenshot the lock screen if you have media playing. While connected to car's BT, start playing a song on your device. Click the top key twice to lock then show lock screen. The usual click of Volume Up & Down together will capture a screenshot.

Trick I only recently discovered is in Camera app. At bottom left you see a thumbnail of last photo. Instead of tapping it, just tap and hold then slide your finger up screen. You can slide your finger back to close it or keep sliding to right for option to Share or Delete.
    anand_ma and BCITMike like this.
    02-10-14 01:24 AM
    I knew of your hidden gems already, and all have been covered previously in other threads or even some in blog posts too. But it's okay, there's just too many of both BB10 features and CB threads to keep up on all.

I stopped using the Next/Previous Hub gesture on 10.2.1 because it includes another method. Read a message. Done? Slide your finger somewhere in screen and in bottom right corner of email you'll see grey left/right arrows. These do the same as the new gesture you discovered.

Btw, a quirk of BB10 is that you can screenshot the lock screen if you have media playing. While connected to car's BT, start playing a song on your device. Click the top key twice to lock then show lock screen. The usual click of Volume Up & Down together will capture a screenshot.

Trick I only recently discovered is in Camera app. At bottom left you see a thumbnail of last photo. Instead of tapping it, just tap and hold then slide your finger up screen. You can slide your finger back to close it or keep sliding to right for option to Share or Delete.
    Thanks for sharing some of yours.
    I haven't seen mine in any other threads, and if anything some of the other features are just barely mentioned, I hope we can start one just for these cool features (unless there was another thread combining them all.) Same with pinch filter. No next/previous there. Need to use search filter instead.

As for the slide finger for gray left/right arrows, nope, they don't work the same way. Once you file your email, try those arrows, they won't go to next email. (my Z10 is 10.2.1, I have those arrows) Unless this is another inconsistent feature/bug like keyboard being invoked on reply screen for some, and not invoked for others with no focus on reply text body.
    02-10-14 01:37 AM

really you can capture lockscreen in te usual way?? how?? a cant....

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 01:43 AM
    I have a beamer and have no idea how to read emails or play music through my car haha any tips?
    02-10-14 03:21 AM
    really you can capture lockscreen in te usual way?? how?? a cant....
    It's a little finicky. Read my instructions above and do it exactly how I said.

Delightful discoveries / Z10, Q10, Z30, Q5-img_00001056.png

Delightful discoveries / Z10, Q10, Z30, Q5-img_20140203_204601.png

Posted via CB10 from my new Z30!
    02-10-14 04:51 AM
    I have a beamer and have no idea how to read emails or play music through my car haha any tips?
    Be connected to your Beamer. Start music playing on your phone, whether music files or an app like Songza, then select Auxiliary from your car's menu.

That's by memory. If you can't find it, I'll give you a step by step maybe tomorrow.

Posted via CB10 from my new Z30!
    velkod likes this.
    02-10-14 05:07 AM
    I believe only 2010 and later use QNX and you must have iDrive.
    If you have both go into your navigation and choose Office.

Posted from Z30STA100-3 on AT&T
    02-10-14 08:47 AM
    One more.. Shift + Backspace still works on Z10/Z30.
    Instead of trying to fix your cursor if you landed just 1 character short, just use Shift+Backspace to use it as Delete character.
    02-10-14 10:53 AM
    One more.. Shift + Backspace still works on Z10/Z30.
    Instead of trying to fix your cursor if you landed just 1 character short, just use Shift+Backspace to use it as Delete character.
    Shift+Backspace has been there all along, but good point. Maybe not everyone knows.

Another one people might not know, I think added in 10.1 (?) is carriage return for BBM and Texts.
    Hold down Shift and tap return to add line(s) in message without sending. Must be holding down Shift!
    02-10-14 01:05 PM
    Shift+Backspace has been there all along, but good point. Maybe not everyone knows.

Another one people might not know, I think added in 10.1 (?) is carriage return for BBM and Texts.
    Hold down Shift and tap return to add line(s) in message without sending. Must be holding down Shift!
    Yeah, at least ALT+BACKSPACE is removed, how many times I typed lines of SMS texts only to make the mistake of ALT+BS to delete the whole thing with no undo on BB7!
    02-10-14 01:19 PM
    I believe only 2010 and later use QNX and you must have iDrive.
    If you have both go into your navigation and choose Office.

Posted from Z30STA100-3 on AT&T
    I have an 09 and it doesn't work for music or email so you're definitely correct sir
    02-10-14 06:18 PM
    I also like the behavior of the camera app in video mode. Before I had to press and hold the green brackets to lock the focus. Otherwise it would lose the focus very often. Now it is very convenient: Once the app has found a focus and you like it there just press record and it stays focused all time. But if you want, you can still refocus during the recording by moving the green brackets to another object. At last!! That's the way I like it best. I'm using the video capability a lot on my Q5 and now I'm very happy with situation, hope they don't mess around with it anymore. Well done, folks at BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 06:13 AM
    Thanks heading4tomorrow! I just paste in my post here if it's ok?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I�ll excuse myself in advanced, someone has probably already made a thread about this(didn�t find it). And everybody already knows this stuff. In that case admin, feel free to remove this thread.

I was playing around with the built in search function in BB OS 10 the other day. And found out somethings I didn�t know. I was throwing everything possible at it and mostly ended up in the built in help system.

I already knew you could type:
    call contact (to call somebody)
    text contact (text somebody)
    and a few more..

But I didn�t know this:
    yahoo berries
    google tomatoes
    bing potatoes
    Searches the word/phrase using the given search engine.

map manhattan (off course any adress/location should work)
    Starts the built in map application with the given adress/location zoomed in and marked. I guess it�s a pretty quick way to start a navigation.

list I�ll have to do this
    task and this too
    Creates a reminder

note terrible wheather today
    Creates a note

It�s really powerful this built in search engine. Now could it also work as a quick calculator like the os x search engine? That would be handy :-)
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    02-13-14 01:24 PM
    You don't have to swipe down from top to see quick settings, tapping on status bar also works.
    And when sending it back up, you can swipe up anywhere on the screen to send it back up.
    Elite1 and BCITMike like this.
    02-28-14 01:23 AM
    Thanks heading4tomorrow! I just paste in my post here if it's ok?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I’ll excuse myself in advanced, someone has probably already made a thread about this(didn’t find it). And everybody already knows this stuff. In that case admin, feel free to remove this thread.

I was playing around with the built in search function in BB OS 10 the other day. And found out somethings I didn’t know. I was throwing everything possible at it and mostly ended up in the built in help system.

I already knew you could type:
    call contact (to call somebody)
    text contact (text somebody)
    and a few more..

But I didn’t know this:
    yahoo berries
    google tomatoes
    bing potatoes
    Searches the word/phrase using the given search engine.

map manhattan (off course any adress/location should work)
    Starts the built in map application with the given adress/location zoomed in and marked. I guess it’s a pretty quick way to start a navigation.

list I’ll have to do this
    task and this too
    Creates a reminder

note terrible wheather today
    Creates a note

It’s really powerful this built in search engine. Now could it also work as a quick calculator like the os x search engine? That would be handy :-)
    Here is another one,
    If you have multiple artists, albums, etc.. on your phone and you just want to really quickly listen to, for example, Pink Floyd, you just search "Play Pink Floyd" and that's it. It starts playing.
    In same manner, you can say "Play Made In Japan" and it will start playing Deep Purple's album. It's really awesome!
    03-04-14 05:14 PM
    You don't have to swipe down from top to see quick settings, tapping on status bar also works.
    And when sending it back up, you can swipe up anywhere on the screen to send it back up.
    To close Quick Settings you can also tap on top status bar again, tap on bottom bar of Quick Settings where there's the 3 little lines, or tap anywhere on screen below Quick Settings.
    03-05-14 11:22 AM
    When the screen is off, pressing a numpad key on the Qs turns on the display, showing the lockscreen, so one can properly check message previews. Beats the power button or half swipes.
    03-10-14 02:54 PM
    I can't get you gesture and grey arrows to work on my Q5. Is it Z series only?

For those with a Q series: "N" and "P" can be pressed in any message to go to the next or previous item.

Posted on the awesome Blackberry Q5
    03-10-14 03:48 PM