Not sure if it's just my phone, but I'm sure I used to be able to do this?

But in File Manager, if I open a photo, there's no option to delete.. I have to close the photo, then delete it from the folder without actually opening the pic.

Is there a way around this? It's inconvenient as the thumbnails are pretty small - so I open them, then if I wanna delete it, I have to close the photo then press and hold to delete. But if I have a few similar photos from burst shot for example, I may not realise which one I opened to delete!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 02:34 AM
    Seems like for some things like that you have to use the Pictures App. I know it's a stupid limitation.
    07-09-15 02:57 AM
    It's a bug.
    07-09-15 04:31 AM
    Ah right okay, I thought maybe on the passport they took it off so you can use a keyboard shortcut or something but nothing was working. Could use the pictures app, just takes sooo long to load due to the number of pics on my phone

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 12:38 PM
    It's a bug.
    I'm not sure why you think this is a bug; because there is every indication that it's not a bug. And is designed to work this way.

When you open a video from within the File Manager, the video player doesn't give the option to delete; when you open a document from within the File Manager, the document reader doesn't give the option to delete; so why would opening a picture from within the File Manager be different? The File Manager itself is the one that gives you the delete option, not the subsequent picture, video and documents app layer.

Common sense tells us it is working as intended; so if you want to delete pictures while viewing the said pictures, you use the Pictures app.

Posted via CB10
    Dr J39 likes this.
    07-09-15 08:04 PM
    I'm not sure why you think this is a bug; because there is every indication that it's not a bug. And is designed to work this way.

The File Manager itself is the one that gives you the delete option, not the subsequent picture, video and documents app layer.

Common sense tells us it is working as intended; so if you want to delete pictures while viewing the said pictures, you use the Pictures app.
    Need any help to decide if it is a bug, if what you said is not another bug sweep. I can always put that down to bad interface.
    07-09-15 08:26 PM