I have a Z-10,STL 100-4 running on Verizon, OS 10.2.1.2174...
    Until the end of March, I was employed by a firm that had installed a workspace on my Z for secure e-mail, contacts, calendar, etc.

I deleted the workspace, and wanted to then restore MY contacts to the device, but now Link does not recognize it at all, telling me there is no device connected, when it actually is connected.

I am now working for ANOTHER firm that uses secure email, but before I go through the set-up with them I wanted to re-load my data to the phone. Until Link "sees" it, I can't do that.

Anybody have any ideas ?
    I really don't want to have to reset the phone, and lose everything I had on it - data,settings, apps, software, etc...

And, will I be able to restore contact data I had backed up on LInk while it had the prior workspace on it ?
    Those were MY contacts, not my employers...
    ...thanx for any help and advice !
    04-16-14 11:02 AM
    I have a Z-10,STL 100-4 running on Verizon, OS 10.2.1.2174...
    Until the end of March, I was employed by a firm that had installed a workspace on my Z for secure e-mail, contacts, calendar, etc.

I deleted the workspace, and wanted to then restore MY contacts to the device, but now Link does not recognize it at all, telling me there is no device connected, when it actually is connected.

I am now working for ANOTHER firm that uses secure email, but before I go through the set-up with them I wanted to re-load my data to the phone. Until Link "sees" it, I can't do that.

Anybody have any ideas ?
    I really don't want to have to reset the phone, and lose everything I had on it - data,settings, apps, software, etc...

And, will I be able to restore contact data I had backed up on LInk while it had the prior workspace on it ?
    Those were MY contacts, not my employers...
    ...thanx for any help and advice !
    Just curious, have you reset the phone after the removal of the work space? Also, is there any data currently device you wouldnt mind losing?
    04-16-14 11:32 AM
    If you mean have I re-booted the phone - power off - yes, I did.

If you mean something else, please let me know, as I am hoping someone can provide me with some help and/or guidance on how to make sure I don't lose any significant data...

I didn't want to go too much further because of 'stuff' on the phone that I wouldn't want to lose, although I HAD done a back-up before I deleted the workspace, for just this reason.
    04-16-14 11:58 AM
    If you mean have I re-booted the phone - power off - yes, I did.

If you mean something else, please let me know, as I am hoping someone can provide me with some help and/or guidance on how to make sure I don't lose any significant data...

I didn't want to go too much further because of 'stuff' on the phone that I wouldn't want to lose, although I HAD done a back-up before I deleted the workspace, for just this reason.

So is all data backed up then?

Try to remove the battery. With the battery OUT, plug the device into the PC. Wait for the red LED, then put the battery back in. Is there any sort of detection? Does the device recognize that it is plugged in? There ARE IT policies to prevent devices from being synced with a PC, I am curious if this was enabled.
    04-16-14 12:10 PM
    GREAT !
    That seemed to do it...
    ...after one minor error, the Z and the laptop started talking, becuase the laptop remembered who the Z was !
    LOL...
    It is syncing now, and I guess my next step will be to try a Restore when the sync is finished, an dess if my contactcs all come back, unless the sync process takes care of that.

I sincerely appreciate your help, as trying to find an answer on BlaclBerry's site was going beyond frustrating !

Now I just hope that the sync process works correctly - it seems to be taking a long time to sync "contacts and calendar appointments.
    04-16-14 12:28 PM
    The sync worked.... now I'm trying to restore the rest of my contacts. If I do a "full restore", will it re-install the workspace ?

Not what I want to happen, just trying to understand how the security stuff operates...
    04-16-14 12:46 PM
    The sync worked.... now I'm trying to restore the rest of my contacts. If I do a "full restore", will it re-install the workspace ?

Not what I want to happen, just trying to understand how the security stuff operates...
    Just restore what you want to restore. So go through and do a partial, restore data, and you should be good to go
    04-16-14 12:59 PM
    OK, so just pick the recent backup, but select 'data only' and then start, right ?

Again... many thanks for the help and advice
    04-16-14 01:04 PM
    OK, so just pick the recent backup, but select 'data only' and then start, right ?

Again... many thanks for the help and advice
    yeah, sync just the data you want. dont worry about setting, etc.
    04-16-14 01:31 PM
    Very cool...
    ...this site - and its members - is a great resource for everyone in the BlackBerry community.

I have had many of my questions answered in the past from posts in the forums as well as from articles on the site, and being able to take advantage of the experience and knowedge of others is a very good thing !

A final and hearty 'thank you' for your help...
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    04-16-14 01:35 PM
    Very cool...
    ...this site - and its members - is a great resource for everyone in the BlackBerry community.

I have had many of my questions answered in the past from posts in the forums as well as from articles on the site, and being able to take advantage of the experience and knowedge of others is a very good thing !

A final and hearty 'thank you' for your help...
    You are very welcome, glad you are up and running!
    04-16-14 02:12 PM
    I had backed up my workspace contacts with BB Link and then deleted & created a new workspace. Now BB LINK is refusing to restore the contacts to the new workspace. It would be a NIGHTMARE to lose all those contacts. Any suggestions how to do this?
    04-28-14 12:21 PM
    BTW... the selectvie restore did not work ! hav not figured out what I have to do to get them all back into the Z10... and I am royally PO'd that the employer screwed p the MDM to the point that MY contacts got deleted along with the ones in the worspace... I think that is a MAJOR problem...

I think I have a file of the contacts exported out of Outlook on that computer... I have to look and see if I do - in which case I can import it into Outlook on my laptop and then sync with the Z10... I hope !
    04-28-14 01:16 PM