I have 1 Gmail, 2 Yahoo and 1 TWC email account on my phone.

When I delete an email on my phone, it disappears from both phone and email server.

The emails are not going into the Trash. I don't wish to have my emails vanish when deleting, I'd like them to go to the Trash folder.

Is there a setting somewhere to fix this?
    01-01-15 10:42 PM
    I have 1 Gmail, 2 Yahoo and 1 TWC email account on my phone.

When I delete an email on my phone, it disappears from both phone and email server.

The emails are not going into the Trash. I don't wish to have my emails vanish when deleting, I'd like them to go to the Trash folder.

Is there a setting somewhere to fix this?
    You have 4 emails accounts, which one is doing this? What OS version are you using?
    01-01-15 10:47 PM
    I don't know about most of it, I use outlook works fine. I also have gmail just delete some, I guess I have to wait for gmail to sync from server
    01-01-15 10:52 PM
    You have 4 emails accounts, which one is doing this? What OS version are you using?
    Best as I can tell all accounts are doing this.
    BlackBerry Classic
    01-01-15 11:17 PM
    Deleted emails not showing up in Trash-edit.png
    01-01-15 11:22 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Edit.png 
Views:	819 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	324768
    He wants them to go to the trash folder, not stay in the inbox folder. This setting does not do what the OP is looking for.

OP, there's an old thread on how to get Gmail to do what you wish. Just do a search; it was also posted on the front page.

As for your other email accounts, I can not say why they aren't going into the trash folder.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 12:20 AM
    Seems to be a Blackberry issue as iPhone can do it.

If you have the Gmail solution link, I'd appreciate it. I can't find it. I suck at searching often times.
    01-02-15 07:56 AM
    Here's the link for getting Gmail to delete to trash:
    How to prevent deleted Gmail messages from archiving when synced using IMAP

This definitely works, if you follow the instructions -- my two Gmail accounts both delete to Trash consistently.
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    01-02-15 10:46 AM
    It is a known issue with imap accounts. I think there was even a KB article about it on BlackBerry site.

There was also a discussion about that here on CB.

Still no fix which is pathetic considering we are talking about BlackBerry 10, which supposedly is designed for e-mail...

Edit: here's the link to one of the different posts about that: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=839886

Posted via CB10
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    01-02-15 11:27 AM
    This bothers me since I moved to BlackBerry and raised some doubts about BBs programming skills.
    You can manually move a file to any IMAP folder, but the client itself can not move the file, when the trash icon is pressed???
    Also: Why is it possible to define the IMAP folder for trash, but this selection is not used for anything???
    Or is it a patent matter?
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 01-02-15 at 05:04 PM.
    01-02-15 04:04 PM
    From the little testing I did so far, 'Filing' emails does seem to work.

So instead of Deleting, instead I file every email I no longer want into the Trash folder.
    01-02-15 04:10 PM
    I don't think its patent related. It's just a design error.

One that should be fixed a long time ago.

They even acknowledged it which is even more disturbing.

And yes, filing works, but this is hardly a fix. I want to use the delete option when I am deleting msgs. Hey, let's remove delete altogether if we have file option.

Extremely unhappy I am.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 04:11 PM
    It is a known issue with imap accounts. I think there was even a KB article about it on BlackBerry site.

There was also a discussion about that here on CB.

Still no fix which is pathetic considering we are talking about BlackBerry 10, which supposedly is designed for e-mail...

Edit: here's the link to one of the different posts about that: 10.2.0.1047 IMAP Deleted Email Behaviour - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    This bothers me since I moved to BlackBerry and raised some doubts about BBs programming skills.
    You can manually move a file to any IMAP folder, but the client itself can not move the file, when the trash icon is pressed???
    Also: Why is it possible to define the IMAP folder for trash, but this selection is not used for anything???
    Or is it a patent matter?

I think you both missed the point of my post, #8:

This definitely works, if you follow the instructions -- my two Gmail accounts both delete to Trash consistently.

01-02-15 05:00 PM
    I think you both missed the point of my post, #8:

This is fine, but I am not talking about Gmail account. I mean all regular imap accounts. And seeing you need the workaround in Gmail only confirms that it is broken.

With Gmail you at least get the archived folder. On a regular imap account you just loose your emails. I learned this the hard way unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 07:06 PM
    This is fine, but I am not talking about Gmail account. I mean all regular imap accounts. And seeing you need the workaround in Gmail only confirms that it is broken.

With Gmail you at least get the archived folder. On a regular imap account you just loose your emails. I learned this the hard way unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    It isn't a work-around, it's simply adjusting settings for Gmail. (See Official Gmail Blog: New in Labs: Advanced IMAP Controls). As for other IMAP accounts, I have only (briefly) used GMX and Outlook.com via IMAP. When set up per the email providers' instructions, I was able to delete on device and messages would delete to Trash/Deleted on the account.

It seems that everyone's IMAP protocols vary somewhat and device manufacturers try to accomodate them as best they can. None are perfect. (Except perhaps the Android setup for Gmail. Lol).

For instance, on an iPhone, there is a built-in toggle to determine whether Gmail messages are deleted to trash or archived. Handy. Yet Apple's setup for Gmail (and other IMAP accounts) is still flawed. Where BlackBerry fully accomodates the IMAP/Push where available, Apple does not. A message sent to my Gmail account arrives on my BlackBerry withina couple of seconds. That same message can be delayed up to about 15 minutes on my iPhone, depending on where it is in it's polling cycle.

So, I'd suggest you go back to your other IMAP accounts and check the providers' recommended settings and options.
    01-02-15 07:29 PM
    It isn't a work-around, it's simply adjusting settings for Gmail. (See Official Gmail Blog: New in Labs: Advanced IMAP Controls). As for other IMAP accounts, I have only (briefly) used GMX and Outlook.com via IMAP. When set up per the email providers' instructions, I was able to delete on device and messages would delete to Trash/Deleted on the account.

It seems that everyone's IMAP protocols vary somewhat and device manufacturers try to accomodate them as best they can. None are perfect. (Except perhaps the Android setup for Gmail. Lol).

For instance, on an iPhone, there is a built-in toggle to determine whether Gmail messages are deleted to trash or archived. Handy. Yet Apple's setup for Gmail (and other IMAP accounts) is still flawed. Where BlackBerry fully accomodates the IMAP/Push where available, Apple does not. A message sent to my Gmail account arrives on my BlackBerry withina couple of seconds. That same message can be delayed up to about 15 minutes on my iPhone, depending on where it is in it's polling cycle.

So, I'd suggest you go back to your other IMAP accounts and check the providers' recommended settings and options.
    Thank you for your input. The problem unfortunately is definitely in the implementation of IMAP in bb10. There are not that many options when setting the account. And my phone maps all the folders just fine (including the trash folder of course). It's just when I hit delete, it deletes the msg permanently and that's it. There is no setting I could do differently to change that behavior. And this behavior is not standard and correct for imap protocol I might add.

The phone works great with my exchange account (office 365, exchange online) but all my imap accounts suffer from this bug (different providers).

My previous phone (android LG G2) sucked in most areas, but this was never an issue.

Anyways I have learned to live with this, but it does not mean I am not disappointed as this should be te one basic thing that BlackBerry should not have messed up.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 06:02 AM
    This is indeed quite a functionality shock coming from a Curve which had BIS.

Since its been almost 1.5 years, BB must have a reason for not correcting this.
    01-03-15 08:52 AM
    BIS did not have any IMAP setup at all, so anything would be an improvement.

And, already stated, there is no problem with any IMAP accounts I have tested. IF they are set up to the account providers' instructions. What would you have BlackBerry correct?

'nuff said.
    01-03-15 01:32 PM
    BIS did not have any IMAP setup at all, so anything would be an improvement.

And, already stated, there is no problem with any IMAP accounts I have tested. IF they are set up to the account providers' instructions. What would you have BlackBerry correct?

'nuff said.
    Well maybe, just maybe, there actually *is* something wrong to correct, as there is still an unresolved KB article?

There are no settings I can change in my IMAP configuration that can change the delete button behavior. Believe me I tried and asked my proveder(s). So you are just lucky I suppose.

And BIS had an IMAP protocol implemented on the server side of the service, though it only read the trash folder and allowed you to delete e-mails to it and the Sent folder where all sent mail from your phone was stored (as far as I remember). There was an imap root folder setting in bis configuration page.

So yeah. It used to be somewhat better.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 07:08 AM
    This is all IMAP accounts? I thought it had to do with gmails funky labels?
    01-04-15 07:13 AM