Delete prior and managing the hub list
1-I'm noticed if you hold down on delete you can get delete prior. So I go to the top date in bbm or texts and hold on delete and get delete prior but it doesn't delete prior.
2-Also, I've asked about this in another thread but haven't received an answer. If you go all the way to the left in the phone you have the hub list, i guess you'd call it, with hub, notifications, text messages, email, facebook, twitter, etc etc listed. Well, when I opened facebook and twitter for the first time i deselected the options to get notifications and associate to the phone so this never get anyting in there, they just sit empty but they're in the list. If I hit the 3 dots i get to hub management in the settings and i have the option to "change the items that are included in the main view of the hub" so i toggled off facebook and twitter but they're still in the list.
This is the list I'm talking about in case I'm not explain it well enough. I went to take twitter and facebook off of it and clean it up. : http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/a...horizontal.jpg
edit: 3-i just thought of another one. i was keeping the bbm in active frame but every time i'd go look in updates they last one would say "3 mins ago", the one before would say "26 mins ago" etc. then i closed it and reopened it accurately displayed how long ago it was from the time i was looking at. so will you have to always re open bbm to see recent updates? isn't that the whole point of it being an "active" frame?
Last edited by ShaneN.; 02-08-2013 at 01:33 AM.
- 02-10-2013, 01:20 AM #3
1. I wasn't able to replicate this. If this keeps happening, you may have to delete by using "Select More" and then deleting as a workaround in the meantime.
2. So, when you use that toggle, it doesn't remove the integrated services from BlackBerry Hub. That toggle (change the items that are included in the main view of the Hub) only hides items from the *untoggled* services *from* the combined inbox view in BlackBerry Hub (in the first, "Hub," section of the Hub). Any always available servies (Notifications, BBM, Text Messages, Calls, Emergency Alerts and Voicemail) will *always* remain in the selection. Any other services remain until they are deleted as accounts through either the Hub's Settings tab or in the Settings app.
3. BBM's Active Frame cycles through various updates rather than show the most recent update. The BBM message list in BlackBerry Hub shows a list of all items in the order from the most recent to the least. The most recent item will always be on top in the Hub but might NOT be the item that shows at that particular moment on the Active Frame for BBM.
Does this answer all your questions?
I have been using select more but I'm not sure why delete prior doesn't work for me? That's a a little frusterating but oh well. Just as of a few minutes ago I realized what the toggles did, which is a nice feature because I don't like having my calls listed in with my messages but it would be nice to be able to take a couple of those rows right out of the list as nothing will ever come to them since i didn't associate the hub with hose particular apps (Fb and twitter). oh well, also not the hugest deal. The last one still bugs me though, I was referring to when I open up the bbm app and actual go to recent updates. each time i go in there it's not keeping track of how long ago the updates were, i have to close bbm and re open it to get it to say the proper time. even more frusterating than that is i just had a friend point out another mutual friends' bbm status (a funny drunken rant early this morning). i went to look for it and it wasn't in my status updates, so i messaged yet another friend (4th person)who got a z10 (just to compare notes) and it wasn't in his updates for him either - and we're all four on eachothers bbm lists. so us with the z10's aren't even getting all the status updates that are going on with BBM.
- CrackBerry User
02-13-2013, 12:36 PM #9
- 49 Posts
To Delete Prior or Mark Prior As Read, press and hold on the thin date line at the top of the block of messages.
In the context bar on the right there is an option to Mark Prior As Read and at the bottom a Delete Prior.
That should do the trick.
Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10Please take a look at C00045D82 - it's my personal views, news and reviews; plus some jokes too.
It's a bit of fun, and I'd love you to join in.
BlackBerry Z10 + 64Gb PlayBook
- 02-14-2013, 12:57 PM #10
Hub Issues) where other people are having the same issue, but no one has been able to come up with a solution yet.
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-17-2013, 02:05 AM #13
- 106 Posts
For point 2. Accounts and things still showing on places in the menu and hub after you have removed them... reboot the device. sounds cheesy but I had that issue with 2 email accounts. A reboot cleared them.
Posted via CB10
- 02-17-2013, 12:41 PM #16
Posted via CB10
- 02-17-2013, 01:36 PM #17
Last edited by b320; 02-17-2013 at 07:13 PM.
- By bberry3366 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 2Last Post: 08-17-2010, 04:25 AM
- By bberry3366 in forum Desktop SoftwareReplies: 2Last Post: 08-17-2010, 04:25 AM
- By dictoresno in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 24Last Post: 09-30-2009, 04:00 PM
- By ALpHa.Q.RoUgH in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 3Last Post: 07-21-2009, 03:02 AM
- By Acidwoody in forum Desktop SoftwareReplies: 9Last Post: 06-19-2009, 07:08 AM