I've already talked (sometimes whined, sorry) about this in great detail before so I'll keep this one short and sweet....at least as short as I can...here goes...

The default for developing apps for BlackBerry 10 SHOULD be to leave portrait and landscape modes enabled. This was essentially how it seemed to be on legacy OS since developers only restricted it in very certain situations such as games.

Seeing that this is to be a "mobile computing platform", I just cannot buy that it would be harder to implement orientation universality on BlackBerry 10.

So I ask all developers, please help to promote Flow on the device. Please make your apps available in both orientations unless of a very specific situation such as a widescreen game (like Nova 3). If developers consistently do this then maybe BlackBerry will get a move on adding home screen and Active Frame rotation as well as landscape Peek support to BlackBerry 10, which imho opinion should have been there from day 1. (Why? Because if you are using your BlackBerry in landscape, it goes back to "in and out paradigm" currently.)

In closing, I will say thanks in advance. Too many developers currently are making assumptions on use and feel that because their app is a scrolling type of app (for example) that no one will use it in landscape, but that just isn't true. Usage assumptions are never a good thing imho...we should strive for universal design.

/end of rant

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-13-13 01:26 AM
    I've already talked (sometimes whined, sorry) about this in great detail before so I'll keep this one short and sweet....at least as short as I can...here goes...

The default for developing apps for BlackBerry 10 SHOULD be to leave portrait and landscape modes enabled. This was essentially how it seemed to be on legacy OS since developers only restricted it in very certain situations such as games.

Seeing that this is to be a "mobile computing platform", I just cannot buy that it would be harder to implement orientation universality on BlackBerry 10.

So I ask all developers, please help to promote Flow on the device. Please make your apps available in both orientations unless of a very specific situation such as a widescreen game (like Nova 3). If developers consistently do this then maybe BlackBerry will get a move on adding home screen and Active Frame rotation as well as landscape Peek support to BlackBerry 10, which imho opinion should have been there from day 1. (Why? Because if you are using your BlackBerry in landscape, it goes back to "in and out paradigm" currently.)

In closing, I will say thanks in advance. Too many developers currently are making assumptions on use and feel that because their app is a scrolling type of app (for example) that no one will use it in landscape, but that just isn't true. Usage assumptions are never a good thing imho...we should strive for universal design.

/end of rant

I agree I use my torch in landscape most all of the time.
    07-13-13 11:30 PM
    Good idea. Maybe then BlackBerry will release their OEM Dock.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 03:47 AM
    Hopefully...

07-17-13 03:49 PM