hi everybody,

although i know this request is probably outdated taking into account BlackBerry's venture into the realms of Android (where the above mentioned problem does not exist i suppose), i created a little something to appeal to the company, which phones we love so much.

here's my petition to BlackBerry to finally make decent support for all Eastern European languages, which is the only reason i don't want to buy Q10 / Classic in particular: bit.ly/EasternEuropeanLanguageSupport (sorry, as a newcomer i can only post links like this )

please feel free to share this and add more languages here under this thread as i will try to update my petition with other Eastern European languages i might missed.

let's make this happen!
    thank you!
    cukierkas likes this.
    12-21-15 03:14 AM
    Petition Support for Eastern European languages on Blackberry 10 OS

Anyway, BB seems to have "atoned" for this with their latest Priv keyboard update...
    12-21-15 01:37 PM
    There is decent Eastern European languages support. Am using Romanian at the moment with no issues.
    01-03-16 08:47 PM
    There is decent Eastern European languages support. Am using Romanian at the moment with no issues.
    Good 4 u, danif! But Latvian, Lithuanian, Estonian, Belorussian, Ukrainian, Slovak, Slovenian, Albanian, Bosnian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Macedonian, Montenegrin do not have, so your statement that "There is decent Eastern European languages support" is false.
    janisfreimanis likes this.
    01-04-16 06:42 AM
    Could you please tell since when Latvian, Lithuanian, Estonian, Slovakia, Slovenian are located in Eastern Europe? Could you post screenshots of the other eastern European language not supported?
    01-04-16 07:14 AM
    Could you please tell since when Latvian, Lithuanian, Estonian, Slovakia, Slovenian are located in Eastern Europe? Could you post screenshots of the other eastern European language not supported?
    You could always use google before... but here you go:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter...y_developments
    Countries of Eastern Europe - Guide Introduction

Here's "workaround" app at least for not supported Eastern European virtual keyboard layout letters, but it's definitely not a solution:
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=US&lang=en

+ BB10OS have a huge lack of OS translations/localization. You can read more about this in my thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/armchai...-apps-1039852/
    01-04-16 07:19 AM
    I stand by my #5 post, the mentioned countries are not in EE. Not at the geography lessons I took in school as for some of the mentioned languages here is a screen shot with the dictation
    decent Eastern European language support for BlackBerry 10-img_20160107_001924.png

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 04:24 PM
    Hi,
    I understand those who wants to type in their language. While I do not hope for fast solution from BlackBerry side, there is a trick I now use to type in Ukrainian. May be you can modify it to suite your purposes.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=754835

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-12-16 at 05:43 AM. Reason: link fix
    03-09-16 03:20 AM
    Hi I cannot post url so I just give CB post ID number: 754835
    I use this trick to type Ukrainian may be you can use it for your language.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 03:46 AM
    Since you were just a municipal in Bulgaria...

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 03:22 AM
    No, there is no decent eastern european language support!

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    03-13-16 06:45 AM
    Amm, like always?

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    03-13-16 06:46 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=918209

Welcome, it's blackberry

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    03-13-16 03:07 PM
    Petition Support for Eastern European languages on Blackberry 10 OS

Anyway, BB seems to have "atoned" for this with their latest Priv keyboard update...
    Hello.
    Can you name ir show that �atone�?
    Would be happy to see those languages in 10.3.3 update.
    Used to play with v2 bb keyboard on Android, symbols were available, but no dictionary what so ever.

Still having my beloved z30 in a drawer. I have said to myself, if Lithuanian would be added someday in 3th or 4th update, I gonna use that phone till it last. So, let's hope so.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    03-13-16 03:19 PM
    05-11-16 08:50 PM
    good for you. i am glad to see you have no issues with this.
    05-11-16 08:53 PM
    well... yes i guess. i never tried Priv however there are other issues (like Android) with the phone i dislike.
    05-11-16 08:55 PM
    and yes, thanks you for sharing the petition.
    i know that the chances are thin for a huge Canadian company to see this as an issue especially knowing the max potential of that market, however considering the physical keyboard as their killer feature for writing (!!!!!) i don't see how adding capability to communicate with a few additional characters could be such a problem.
    05-11-16 09:01 PM
    what about latvian regional settings?
    currency is € or still Ls?
    in lithuanian still Lt (litas). € is since 2015.
    05-12-16 06:04 AM
    Sveiki, ar 10.3.3 OS jau turi LT rašmenis? Būsiu dėkingas už info!
    01-09-17 02:55 PM