Davlik vs art
Just read that the new m8 allows you to experiment with the new art runtime which android is switching to from the current davlik. Isn't the davlik method the reason we have the ability to run android apps, will this affect us once they make the switch? Don't know anything about the technology, just read it somewhere and davlik stood out, as I remember our android player being dependent on that
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-26-14, 05:34 AM #2
- 122 Posts
It's Dalvik. ART Is android runtime and it's built in 4.4 builds of android.
I don't think it will affect us in any other way then benefit from it.
It's faster and lighter.
The only downside is the a bit longer install times of new apps.
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Genius
03-27-14, 01:33 PM #4
- 2,696 Posts
ART is in AOSP builds which is open source so I assume BB will have access to include it in a runtime update.
- 03-27-14, 11:50 PM #5
For the time being app developers would have to support devices right now, which I think the SDK takes care of.
So you have no need to worry for the time being about Android apps on BlackBerry.
Posted via CB10
- By vietnamesetan in forum BlackBerry Z30Replies: 15Last Post: 04-01-14, 12:54 AM
- By ebbes36 in forum BES 10Replies: 12Last Post: 03-27-14, 12:09 PM
- By D_Gui in forum BlackBerry Concepts & Dream DevicesReplies: 16Last Post: 03-27-14, 01:22 AM
- By Corbu in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 102Last Post: 03-25-14, 05:07 PM
- By dildothegreat in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 03-23-14, 12:33 PM