Ever since I got my Z10 on launch day in Canada, I've always kept it in Bedside Mode overnight, with no issues. But about two nights ago, I ran into a strange issue - when I woke up, my data connection simply wasn't working. AccuWeather hadn't updated since shortly before midnight, BBM had no updates, the Hub had no messages, and the phone wasn't connected to the NOC. I keep the phone on WiFi when at home. So, the first time I tried disabling the WiFi, figured it was a router issue maybe. But the WiFi wouldn't turn off - the icon in the status bar greyed out, but remained there, and the phone refused to fallback onto the mobile network. I had to reboot before everything started working again. I figured this was a one-off issue, but it happened again this morning.

So, any ideas what might be wrong? I don't recall making any changes to the phone the day before this happened. If it makes any difference, I always have these five apps running - BBM, AccuWeather, Remember, Calendar, and Phone. I spent all day at home yesterday as well, and the issue never repeated itself during the day. Heck, I was up until half-past midnight and everything was still working okay before I called it a night.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 06:42 AM
    I think that happened to my wife on a few occasions as well. In the morning I sent her a BBM and she never received it until a reboot - same thing sending from her end.

Hasn't happened in a few days thankfully so not sure what the cause of it is.
    04-08-13 07:08 AM
    I've seen this three or four times in the past 3 days. Definitely new. What's your carrier?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 07:09 AM
    So, the first time I tried disabling the WiFi, figured it was a router issue maybe. But the WiFi wouldn't turn off - the icon in the status bar greyed out, but remained there, and the phone refused to fallback onto the mobile network
    Posted via CB10
    I have a similar situation with my notebook computer connected to a WiFi AP. Sometimes the data connection stops but the WiFi enabled icon remains in the status bar. I attempt to manually disconnect from the WiFi network but the indicator turns greyish and the radiating waves keep cycling. The only resolution has been to reboot the notebook computer. I suspect an underlying issue with my WiFi AP. It might be the same for your WiFi AP.
    04-08-13 07:59 AM
    Guess it's not an isolated issue then. If it makes any difference, my carrier is Telus. I'm on the latest OS update they have. My router is an Asus RT-N66U. If it happens again tonight, I'll try messing around with the router to see if that makes a difference. All my other wireless devices are hooking up to it perfectly however, PlayBook included.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by LazyEvul; 04-08-13 at 06:06 PM.
    04-08-13 08:55 AM