Going from a 9900 to the Z30, my data consumption increased 10 fold.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.2582 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    /551/=

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 07:58 AM
    I had a 3 gb plan, never get to exceed. However I don't use my z10 to watch videos or listen to music which are the usual culprits for data consumption.

Posted on my white Z10 via CB10
    04-29-15 09:01 AM
    Is there an alternative version of a browser I can get that lets you disable javascript and images?
    Yes, try the Browsie Browser! It was a feature article today on CB homepage. I just bought it, and you can block ads, disable images, AND disable JScript! It's incredible, stupid fast, and it's only 99 cents! I'm probably never going to use the stock browser again...
    1TIME likes this.
    04-29-15 01:47 PM
    That I know as well, I'm wondering how much more? Like does data consumption double, triple, quadruple from OS7 to OS10? I did read somewhere GPS does not take up too much data. Would be great to hear others experiences in transitioning from OS 7 to OS10 device and changes in their data consumption.
    You will not need any more than 2GB.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 03:14 PM
    I use 3-6GB per month on my z10, mostly browsing the web, but I also work with very large photographs for work (20MB per image)

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 09:36 PM
    Thanks everyone for your help! I was playing around with my Bold 9900 and discovered I can find a gps signal via wifi in the house and as long as the signal is caught then I can use it as a gps without being connected to a mobile network! Gonna use that for my biking and have more than enough data on my classic!
    04-30-15 02:03 AM
    Thanks everyone for your help! I was playing around with my Bold 9900 and discovered I can find a gps signal via wifi in the house and as long as the signal is caught then I can use it as a gps without being connected to a mobile network! Gonna use that for my biking and have more than enough data on my classic!
    Not quite sure what you are referring to. GPS signals come the GPS antenna, not from your Wifi. When inside the house, you may get weak GPS signals or not at all. In this case, the location service on your phone provides the location of the cell tower that your phone is locked onto. The cell tower location is obviously isn't accurate and most apps wouldn't use it for tracking or navigation. Also, how can you get Wifi while you're biking?

As mentioned in earlier posts, you don't need data connection or Wifi to use GPS. There are many apps that can provide GPS tracking functions without using data.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 08:35 AM
    Not quite sure what you are referring to. GPS signals come the GPS antenna, not from your Wifi. When inside the house, you may get weak GPS signals or not at all. In this case, the location service on your phone provides the location of the cell tower that your phone is locked onto. The cell tower location is obviously isn't accurate and most apps wouldn't use it for tracking or navigation. Also, how can you get Wifi while you're biking?

As mentioned in earlier posts, you don't need data connection or Wifi to use GPS. There are many apps that can provide GPS tracking functions without using data.

Posted via CB10
    What he is referring to is that it's a assisted GPS... so you get a fix much faster with a data connection. Without one, it takes much more time

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 08:42 AM
    For me its Twitter munching so much.
    Data consumption OS 7 vs OS10-img_20160519_165145.png

Straight from my BlackBerry Passport smartphone running OS10... Stay away from Junkroid on Steroids!!
    05-19-16 09:52 AM
34 12