Hi everyone. I'm getting ready to make the jump from by beloved 9900 to the new Z10 and want to know if the new os still compresses data like the old legacy OS' did. I know that a BIS/BES plan is not required anymore therefore I would guess that the new OS doesn't compress data like it used to. Can anyone confirm this?
    02-02-13 03:38 PM
    I just tweeted BlackBerry and @asaunders. will let you know what they say.
    02-02-13 03:42 PM
    I believe there is still compression but not to the same extent
    02-02-13 04:30 PM
    I believe there is still compression but not to the same extent
    Pretty sure compression was handled by RIMs NOC. So if you terminate your BIS plan for a regular data plan, then no, you wouldn't get that little luxury
    02-02-13 04:34 PM
    Pretty sure compression was handled by RIMs NOC. So if you terminate your BIS plan for a regular data plan, then no, you wouldn't get that little luxury
    to get my z10 for less money on a renewed contract i had to get a $50/mo minimum spend, my plan that i've switched to offers both unlimited social for BB but 150MB for all other devices. what would happen here?
    02-02-13 04:41 PM
    to get my z10 for less money on a renewed contract i had to get a $50/mo minimum spend, my plan that i've switched to offers both unlimited social for BB but 150MB for all other devices. what would happen here?
    There is no more option for unlimited social. It is now just data, or no data.
    02-02-13 05:07 PM
    Don't ask me how it works, nor can I give any kind of proof at all, but that is just what I heard.
    02-02-13 05:09 PM
    I got another bis plan as the vodafone guy showed me its now free on my receipt. I've noticed I get half a dozen emails at a time instead of them one by one.

Is here a way we can check that we have full bis and that our emails are pushed?
    02-02-13 05:12 PM
    I got another bis plan as the vodafone guy showed me its now free on my receipt. I've noticed I get half a dozen emails at a time instead of them one by one.

Is here a way we can check that we have full bis and that our emails are pushed?
    Well that's the thing, all BB10s use activesync but what I'm trying to figure out is if you maintain your bis plan do we still get data compression. I'm not sure how to check besides looking at your bill and seeing if your data spikes compared to passed bills.
    02-02-13 06:34 PM