It is the song of those who can't get the apps. 99% on Crackberry might think apps are unimportant garbage for prepubescents,
    I'd like to add something to this.

I think many here don't realise that apps played an important part in blackberry's success too. Nokia and others had e-mail and IM apps, but blackberry's were the best. Since e-mail was the main form of communication, besides calls, blackberry was the obvious choice.

iOS and Android had e-mail, not as good as BB's, but the minuses were offset by the availability of other productivity apps. Time management apps way better than BB's built-in calendar, money management apps, banking, etc.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 11:05 AM
    It was compelling to ME, that's for sure.
    Me, too, after playing w/ the Z10 in the store.

I also don't believe that this niche, "I don't need no stinkin' apps", market really exists in numbers that matter.
    Unfortunately true for BB. That and being several years late to the party.
    01-12-17 05:29 PM
    Schadenfreude :-)

Chairman Chen cares about YOU, BB10 customer!
    01-13-17 05:45 AM
    Every day a new topic like this pops up, but I still don't understand what's so special about BB10 and why can't you just switch to a BB Android? Or something else?

Btw, I was quite disappointed in 2011 when I needed a new phone and there was no more phones with my (at the time) beloved Windows Mobile 6.5 so I had to buy an Android device and truth be told nothing terrible happened. I got used to Android in no time and was able to do pretty much everything I could on my old phone plus I could finally use WhatsApp and other apps that my friends had for quite some time. I still think that WM could have been (and even was in some aspects) a far better OS than iOS or Android, but it just wasn't meant to be, the market didn't accept it very well and not Microsoft not anyone else could have saved it at that point.
    BB10 is (unfortunately) pretty much the same story. I'd love it if we had 4 strong competing operating systems, but it won't happen. Phones are just tools, like computers, why get so emotional about it?
    01-13-17 06:18 AM
    We stick with what works the better for us!

Posted via CB10
    That's perfectly fine, I'm just asking what is it that works so much better that using Android is viewed around here as the worst thing that can happen to someone? Are there some apps or features that you have now, but wouldn't have on Android?
    01-13-17 07:24 AM
    That's perfectly fine, I'm just asking what is it that works so much better that using Android is viewed around here as the worst thing that can happen to someone? Are there some apps or features that you have now, but wouldn't have on Android?
    Nothing. It's just leftover sentiments from a bygone era of CrackBerry being used to prop up reasons not to switch instead of actually using it and writing up true pros and cons. I made a rather lengthy post explaining this phenomenon.
    kvndoom likes this.
    01-13-17 08:35 AM
    Every day a new topic like this pops up, but I still don't understand what's so special about BB10 and why can't you just switch to a BB Android? Or something else?
    This doesn't apply to myself, but how about the people who bought BB10 devices and don't have the budget for anything else?

You do realize that BlackBerry still sells BB10 devices? And they sell them basically under the false pretense that they are still "supported".

Posted via CB10
    Nikola Adzic likes this.
    01-13-17 10:59 AM
    This doesn't apply to myself, but how about the people who bought BB10 devices and don't have the budget for anything else?

You do realize that BlackBerry still sells BB10 devices? And they sell them basically under the false pretense that they are still "supported".

Posted via CB10
    I bought a Passport 8 months ago and it's my daily phone. I'm not replacing it with the Mercury until next year at the soonest because phones cost too much.

And yet, I am content with what I have. I don't make demands, I don't call for public execution of John Chen, and I get by perfectly fine. Hell, I haven't even updated to 10.3.3. Probably never will. I knew what my phone could and couldn't do before I bought it, and I don't lose sleep worry about what might have been.
    01-13-17 11:09 AM
    You do realize that BlackBerry still sells BB10 devices
    A lot of people here seem to have certain 'blind spots'.

They put being pro-BlackBerry ahead of pro-customer.

I can understand it in the case of the 'shareholders' ...
    01-13-17 11:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's your interpretation. I see no mention of ongoing support, API development or whatever you guys are asking for, on e.g. Passport BB shop page.

A lot of people here seem to have certain 'blind spots'.

They put being pro-BlackBerry ahead of pro-customer.

I can understand it in the case of the 'shareholders' ...
    I never owned a BB prior to Priv, so I don't really think I'm pro-BlackBerry. Sure, I'd like to see them stay in this business because no one else seems to be interested in making phones with PKBs, but other than that, why would I care about a company? Or waste my precious time announcing to the world how disappointed I am in case they don't make a Nougat update for the Priv or something like that. Who cares, "support", no "support", whatever, I'll use it until it will no longer be able to fulfill my needs or until it breaks and then move on.
    01-13-17 12:06 PM
    Can you believe it?
    After so many years of begging to develop that on BB 10 OS they represent it on Android?
    Yeah ... after nearly bursting into tears, I started to laugh (what else can one do)? Gobsmacked.
    01-13-17 01:16 PM
    That's your interpretation. I see no mention of ongoing support, API development or whatever you guys are asking for, on e.g. Passport BB shop page.

I never owned a BB prior to Priv, so I don't really think I'm pro-BlackBerry. Sure, I'd like to see them stay in this business because no one else seems to be interested in making phones with PKBs, but other than that, why would I care about a company? Or waste my precious time announcing to the world how disappointed I am in case they don't make a Nougat update for the Priv or something like that. Who cares, "support", no "support", whatever, I'll use it until it will no longer be able to fulfill my needs or until it breaks and then move on.

In this particular case, the dark hub was something BlackBerry's BB10 customers asked for for three years and never got. Now BB have added that feature to the Android users but will not offer it to those who bought their BB10 phones.

This is exacerbated by the following:

1) They still sell BB10 phones at near-full price
    2) They officially claim to still support BB10
    3) They have shafted their BB10 users in other ways, including but not limited to: not introducing video calling to BB10 version of BBM, despite giving this to Android and iOS users for free; and certain new sticker packs don't display on BB10, so if you are a BB10 user with a BBM contact on iOS or Android, you can't see their stickers

What the OP is getting at is the 'salt applied to the wounds' in terms of how BB has treated its BB10 customers.

Bear in mind, BB as a company lost money on BB10: but that's not the fault of those of us who actually bought BB10 phones.

We've been put over the barrel by Chairman Chen, who is of course 'the Blessed Saviour' of BlackBerry.
    01-13-17 01:17 PM

... why get so emotional about it?
    I think you summed up the why perfectly in your closing sentence. It's 100% emotional attachment, based on some logical foundations like ... great ergonomics, hub-centric design, purpose built for efficient "high volume" text-based communication. Not to say these things can't be accomplished with android or iOS, but the feel is completely different.

Sorry to resort to a car analogy, but it's the difference between a 370z and a Mustang. You know what I'm talking about....
    01-13-17 01:21 PM
    What the OP is getting at is the 'salt applied to the wounds' in terms of how BB has treated its BB10 customers.

Bear in mind, BB as a company lost money on BB10: but that's not the fault of those of us who actually bought BB10 phones.

We've been put over the barrel by Chairman Chen, who is of course 'the Blessed Saviour' of BlackBerry.
    You know, if you're unhappy with the way a company is treating you, you have the option to cease giving that company your financial support and buy products and services from other companies.

Unless it's your cable company, of course. Then you're screwed.
    01-13-17 01:35 PM
    You know, if you're unhappy with the way a company is treating you, you have the option to cease giving that company your financial support and buy products and services from other companies.

Unless it's your cable company, of course. Then you're screwed.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to, now that they have given up making PKB devices
    01-13-17 01:37 PM
    Yeah ... after nearly bursting into tears, I started to laugh (what else can one do)? Gobsmacked.
    I swear it, I laughed my *** of

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 03:34 PM
    I've done the Jan update but I don't have dark hub in the General Settings?
    01-13-17 03:52 PM
    I've done the Jan update but I don't have dark hub in the General Settings?
    It's not an OS update. It's an app update. If you're not in the app beta program, you should see it shortly.
    RichardAitch likes this.
    01-13-17 03:56 PM
    It's not an OS update. It's an app update. If you're not in the app beta program, you should see it shortly.
    Thanks Conite for your prompt answer as usual.
    01-13-17 03:58 PM
    OK, so everyone misinterpreted my post.

So, I need to elaborate some things...

I already talked about IPhone in Southern Europe, that is just status symbol, and those who use it, they just us it for basic stuff including chat apps and Instagram. (there is maybe 10% that use it with full potential).

I have owned iPhone 6 12 days after it released, and it was a gift from my brother. We are not on same page, but he wanted something for his geek technology brother. I was stunned with speed and lagness. Till day, it's still like that! I have over 50 units in my shop, all on latest OS update, working like a Swiss clock. If anyone doesn't know what this term means, we say something like that for the things that works perfect after long time..

That is a real care for their customers. Oh, it's dual core device. Ahahahahaha

When I posted about that famous black hub, I just wanted to point that after so many years of requests of their customers, that most of them are shareholders, oh, I was one of them, they put it on their experiment devices. When I say experiment, I mean that, cause I have all option that any BlackBerry device have right now on my HTC 10. You know how to get anything that is white to be black on Android? Read pls! :

Download apk. Rename it to. zip. Extract it. Invert colors of png in certain folder. Rename it. Sign it. Voila

Why is that hard with 10 OS? Because there is no developers. Real developers!

It's not about security. Why? If you installed Messenger or Viber apk, it's done, goodbye privacy, check the permissions. You really think that 10 OS protect you from Android permissions? Just Accept during installation and it's done.

Bb is secure if you don't have android apps. And if we had any real developer, we wouldn't need any android app.

Since every good or perfect app is paid on BB World, I myself would pay 5 bucks for Messenger, Viber, Facebook, Whatsapp etc EACH if it's native and secured by BB 10 OS. But it wont be ever. Cause with VIBER, Messenger or Whatsapp installed on your device, you are no longer safe.

You think I'm crazy? Well, why Blackberry didn't develop any of them after those change logs??? Because they can't protect your privacy with that!!!!!

Blackberry is silent device, so it's 10 OS, and with those changes, we don't have it, and thanks for it. I have my q10 for my work without any android app installed on it and Z30 for "regular life".

But, I don't need those APPS on my main device, I need system change! UI optimization, themes, transition, optimization on battery and performance, anything like that! To make my dual core device still operative.

Mark my words, all apps will be Web based. All those social apps, their will be based on Web page, with full functionality. We talk about Apple and Android, but you all forget real giant, Microsoft. I will not spend any dime on any device until Surface Phone arrived, and I hope I'm talking sense, and it will be....BINGO!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 04:07 PM
    ok, so everyone misinterpreted my post.

So, i need to elaborate some things...

I already talked about iphone in southern europe, that is just status symbol, and those who use it, they just us it for basic stuff including chat apps and instagram. (there is maybe 10% that use it with full potential).

I have owned iphone 6 12 days after it released, and it was a gift from my brother. We are not on same page, but he wanted something for his geek technology brother. I was stunned with speed and lagness. Till day, it's still like that! I have over 50 units in my shop, all on latest os update, working like a swiss clock. If anyone doesn't know what this term means, we say something like that for the things that works perfect after long time..

That is a real care for their customers. Oh, it's dual core device. Ahahahahaha

when i posted about that famous black hub, i just wanted to point that after so many years of requests of their customers, that most of them are shareholders, oh, i was one of them, they put it on their experiment devices. When i say experiment, i mean that, cause i have all option that any blackberry device have right now on my htc 10. You know how to get anything that is white to be black on android? Read pls! :

Download apk. Rename it to. Zip. Extract it. Invert colors of png in certain folder. Rename it. Sign it. Voila

why is that hard with 10 os? Because there is no developers. Real developers!

It's not about security. Why? If you installed messenger or viber apk, it's done, goodbye privacy, check the permissions. You really think that 10 os protect you from android permissions? Just accept during installation and it's done.

Bb is secure if you don't have android apps. And if we had any real developer, we wouldn't need any android app.

Since every good or perfect app is paid on bb world, i myself would pay 5 bucks for messenger, viber, facebook, whatsapp etc each if it's native and secured by bb 10 os. But it wont be ever. Cause with viber, messenger or whatsapp installed on your device, you are no longer safe.

You think i'm crazy? Well, why blackberry didn't develop any of them after those change logs??? Because they can't protect your privacy with that!!!!!

Blackberry is silent device, so it's 10 os, and with those changes, we don't have it, and thanks for it. I have my q10 for my work without any android app installed on it and z30 for "regular life".

But, i don't need those apps on my main device, i need system change! Ui optimization, themes, transition, optimization on battery and performance, anything like that! To make my dual core device still operative.

Mark my words, all apps will be web based. All those social apps, their will be based on web page, with full functionality. We talk about apple and android, but you all forget real giant, microsoft. I will not spend any dime on any device until surface phone arrived, and i hope i'm talking sense, and it will be....bingo!

Posted via cb10

Dark HUB on Android ahahahahha-images.jpg

dtek60 / z30
    01-13-17 04:46 PM
    That's odd. I don't think I'm in the beta program, but I do have it. I'm probably holding it wrong...
    01-13-17 04:49 PM
47 12