Wouldn't it be great to have customisable Active Frames? The idea I have is to sticky, re-sizable and interactive frames which can be seen as a crossover of a widget / live tile. These would work perfectly once we have the capability of apps running in the background. There are so many obvious ideas I have for these. The music player, for example, which some people may just want to know what track is playing along with the album artwork whereas those like me may want to be able to change track. Those that don't need to could have a smaller Active Frame, leaving room for other Frames that the user may find of more use. Is it a good idea or am I just being ridiculous?

Posted via CB10
    Eakle and rai187 like this.
    10-13-13 11:40 AM
    I LOVE widgets and I hope we move in that direction.
    ruhban likes this.
    10-13-13 12:10 PM
    Great idea. The active frame page can be a desktop where you organize all your running apps. Change the size of the frame. Interact with the frame (next song, next news snippet). Pin the frame. Change the frame order. Hide the Frame. Etc

Posted via CB10
    Eakle and ruhban like this.
    10-13-13 01:38 PM
    Yeah, active frames are already good, but some additional functionality would make them even better.

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    10-13-13 02:26 PM
    The soon to be released Jolla OS will have something like what you are talking about. There an "active frame" will allow you to see whats going on in the app, and lets you change tracks right on the homescreen.

Would love to see that too.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 03:45 PM
    BlackBerry needs to have more customization like this for sure

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 03:49 PM
    Great idea. The active frame page can be a desktop where you organize all your running apps. Change the size of the frame. Interact with the frame (next song, next news snippet). Pin the frame. Change the frame order. Hide the Frame. Etc

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! So glad I'm not the only one that thinks it's a good idea. Let's hope BlackBerry see this post!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 04:30 PM
    The soon to be released Jolla OS will have something like what you are talking about. There an "active frame" will allow you to see whats going on in the app, and lets you change tracks right on the homescreen.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm sounds interesting.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 04:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have tried to encourage BlackBerry to look at what jolla is doing as there are a lot of things that BlackBerry could or should be doing with their OS such as interactive frames and full android support. I also encourage jolla to look at some things that BlackBerry do that they currently are missing, hopefully one of them will be allowed to evolve into the OS that has it all.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 02:00 AM