Thought I would post up the current feature request like/ dislike list from the BlackBerry Beta Zone for everyone to look through, some pretty interesting features being requested, thought everyone would like a look.

If you're not a BETA member yet, i highly recommend it if you really into all things BlackBerry.
    These are suggestions from BETA zone members, which the BlackBerry team have collected on the BETA forums and than collect likes/dislikes of the features so they can implement them into future OSs... you know the BBM Channels animated GIF idea? That was a BETA zone member request!

Feature Requests

Add Resource Monitor or Task Manager
    Add a function to monitor performance of the device (CPU, membery, battery, data I/O, etc), and to maintain a historical record of performance. This will help an owner to self-manage their usage to improve battery life.
    Built-in Panorama mode
    Add a camera feature to take and stitch together panoramic photos.
    Additional Options for Device Password Lock
    Add additional options for the device password lock, such as:
    numeric only, gesture sequence, facial recognition.

Battery Percentage Indicator
    Add a feature to show the actual percentage of battery power remaining.
    Add Extra Gestures
    Such as: lock screen gestures, swipe up and right to expose apps list, two finger down swipe to lock device, swipe to delete message in Hub, swipe to switch between open messages and/or open apps.
    Allow Custom LED Color Choice for Notifications
    Add an option to choose a custom LED blink color for new notifications from specific contacts.
    Format Videos for sharing over BBM
    Add a feature to shrink videos for sharing through BBM.
    BlackBerry Protect Feature Parity with BBOS
    Improve BlackBerry Protect 10 to match the feature set of BlackBerry Protect for BBOS.
    Allow Switch Between White and Black Themes
    The Z10 shipped with a while application theme and the Q10 shipped with a black application theme. Add a feature in Settings to allow the user to choose between the two on both devices.
    Create Contact Groups For Mass EmailingMessaging
    Add a feature to create contact groups that can be emailed, SMS messaged, or BBMed all at once.
    After a Timeout Period Reset Hub to Default Hub View
    Add an option to reset the Hub to the default 'Hub' view after a certain timeout period (like after the device goes to sleep). This will ensure the owner doesn't have to manually exit specific accounts to see the Hub view (which will keep Peek as a more useful gesture).
    Wi-Fi Calling
    Support UMA/IMS calling for carriers that allow/support the technology, for phone calls over Wi-Fi. This is beneficial in low coverage areas and typically lowers calling cost.
    Change Notification Profile Based on Location or Time
    Add a feature to set different Notification profiles based on location or time of day (i.e. use Silent after 11 PM and before 8 AM, or when I'm at the gym).
    User Account Profiles like BlackBerry Balance
    Allow the creation of multiple profiles that can be individually locked independent of the others and of the overall device lock.
    BlackBerry Bridge Feature Parity with BBOS
    Improve BlackBerry Bridge 10 to match the feature set of BlackBerry Bridge for BBOS.
    Auto On and Auto Off
    Add a feature to turn the device on and off at specified times.
    Allow Multiple Pages or Scrolling in Application Folders
    On the Home Screen, allow application folders to contain more than one page of apps per folder.
    Show World Clock Times on Lock Screen
    Add a feature to show the World Clock times from the Clock app on the Lock Screen.
    Add Customizable Q10 Keyboard Shortcuts
    Allow the creation and modification of custom keyboard shortcuts on the Q10.
    Browser Should Detect Phone Numbers
    The Browser app should detect phone numbers on pages and make them clickable, which should launch the Phone into a phone call to that number (perhaps with a confirmation dialog box).
    Sort World Clock List by Time Zone
    Sort the world clock city list by time zone instead of the order by which they are added.
    Specific Camera File Names
    File names for pictures and videos from the Camera app should contain the date and/or location information instead of a sequencial identfier (00000001 vs. Waterloo-20120307-00001).
    Hide Icons on Home Screen
    On the Home Screen, an owner should be able to hide icons they do not want to see.
    Show Date When Performing Peek Function
    The date should be shown when the owner performs a Peek gesture into the hub.
    Add Option for Delete On Handheld for Email
    Allow an owner to Delete On Handheld and not delete from the mailbox for email accounts.
    Remember Should Store Call History Information With Call Notes
    When creating call notes, the Remember app should also store the call history information (who, what, when, where).
    Holster-Specific Notification Profiles
    An owner should be able to set a a certain profile to become active when the device is holstered.
    Add Options for Request Read Receipt and Request Delivery Receipt to Hub
    Contact Birthdays Should Show Yearly on Calendar
    When an owner enters a birthday for a contact, the birthday should show on the calendar yearly.
    BlackBerry World Should Show Installed Apps When Browsing
    When browsing apps, an owner should see which apps in the list are already installed on this device, and which apps have been purchased but are not downloaded.
    Add Home Screen Icon for Voice Recorder
    An owner should be able to access Voice Recorder directly without going through the Remember app.
    Phone Call History Pane Should Allow Creating Call Notes From a Call Record
    In the Phone app, an owner should be able to store call notes against an already-terminated call from the Call History screen.
    Story Maker Pictures Should Fill the Entire Song
    In Story Maker, the selected media should display through the entire song(s), instead of looping the same content or cutting the song short.

If anyone likes the list posting idea and would like me to update in the future when new feature request lists become available on the BETA zone, please mention it in your posts and ill be sure to update for everyone in the future
    Last edited by jasonvan9; 06-14-13 at 09:14 AM.
    06-14-13 06:09 AM
    If we got all of these feature I and a lot of others would be a VERY happy!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 03:57 AM
    Wow wow wow, I know it's probably unlikely but if we got all of those features I truly would believe this would be the best phone ever. I was just smiling reading those requests! I guess it's time to sign up to Beta zone!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 04:18 AM
    I feel like BlackBerry should develop a Beta Zone application, slightly similar to how CB app functions in terms of forums. Only those that are registered as beta testers would be able access.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 05:00 AM
    Peek should be enabled for Web pages in the browser, e.g being able to swipe a page back.

Posted via Z10
    bmr50 and Pete The Penguin like this.
    06-20-13 05:32 AM
    Would love to see these ideas in the phone, I hope blackberry reads these posts

Posted via Z10
    06-20-13 06:42 AM
    I feel like BlackBerry should develop a Beta Zone application, slightly similar to how CB app functions in terms of forums. Only those that are registered as beta testers would be able access.

Posted via CB10
    Nice idea.

Posted from The Force wielding tap-dancing mouse on secret pantless missions (hiding in Jaydee's backseat)
    07-12-13 08:05 AM
    [QUOTE=jasonvan9;8651430]
    Add Extra Gestures
    Such as: lock screen gestures, swipe up and right to expose apps list, two finger down swipe to lock device, swipe to delete message in Hub, swipe to switch between open messages and/or open apps.
    [B][SIZE=2][QUOTE]

@BerryWizard if you read this tell me you remember that first conversation we had... I think on the 10.1.xxx waiting room thread.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 12:08 AM
    Jasonvan9, where on BlackBerry Beta Zone is the request thread? An exact url would be helpful. Thanks.

Posted from The Force wielding tap-dancing mouse on secret pantless missions (hiding in Jaydee's backseat)
    07-14-13 05:03 PM
    Jasonvan9, where on BlackBerry Beta Zone is the request thread? An exact url would be helpful. Thanks.

https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...issues/1084/11
    Pete The Penguin and ruvcan like this.
    07-16-13 12:46 PM
    I got it, I went right past it!

07-16-13 02:10 PM