How's that work for you? Am curious for any input...

Thanks!
    03-20-14 10:47 AM
    well, you'd better be plugged to a wall charger with wifi coverage until the initial sync is over.
    03-20-14 11:00 AM
    well, you'd better be plugged to a wall charger with wifi coverage until the initial sync is over.
    Got that part already in mind. I'm really wondering about performance after initial setup?
    03-20-14 11:10 AM
    Got that part already in mind. I'm really wondering about performance after initial setup?
    Well, the more you have ... the heavier the load.
    Yet, I'm on Exchange server with a pretty long history (1 year +) and I must say I have no problem once sync is over. Noticed some re-indexing process after OS updates (OTA or Sachesi) but nothing really bad, generally back to normal within 15-30 minutes and a "factory restart" (press&hold +/- volume buttons until white BlackBerry logo is displayed).
    03-20-14 11:34 AM
    I appreciate the input. I assume that Exchange Server systems would be the most efficient...

Although, I do have four accounts that I setup and only one is a Hotmail account. I'm probably going to just stick with the 90 day thing, but I just did a clean update and these questions were in my head.

Thanks again!
    03-20-14 11:46 AM
    I have 2 Gmail/IMAP accounts and one EAS account all set up for "forever". No issues at all. That said, I do keep a good handle on my messages. Anything not important or not useful gets deleted. I love having access to everything on my device.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-20-14 12:07 PM
    I think I'll try it. I'm at work with wifi and an outlet.

Posted on my FAB Z30...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-20-14 12:13 PM
    How's that work for you? Am curious for any input...

Thanks!
    It is all about the initial sync, where the "Forever" setting allows to sync *all* mail in your Inbox folder, instead of a shorter time-span.

If you have control over your emails and have them sorted into other folders/labels, you shouldn't have much to worry about,.. unless you have thousands of emails still laying around in a cluttered messy Inbox :-)
    03-20-14 03:33 PM
    I have 5 email accounts with about 15k emails in total synced to my Q10, all with the setting forever and full folder sync.

I get all my received, sent, drafted and even deleted phones in my hub search. From any date, even a few years ago too. It took a while to sync and index it all but now it's trucking along nicely and really a joy whenever I have to retrieve really old information.
    Whatever it is, it's only as far as a hub search away.

Posted via CB10
    Ecm likes this.
    03-21-14 01:24 PM
    Setup yesterday and all seems well so far.

Posted on my FAB Z30...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-21-14 01:38 PM
    Cool, let us know if you notice something.
    Cheers
    SF
    03-21-14 02:44 PM
    I had unknowingly set this to forever for a few weeks and noticed a 30-60 second delay when opening the hub after unlocking my phone. Granted our email server is on a pretty slow connection which may have been part of the blame. I've since changed it back to 7 days and the delay went away immediately.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 03:13 PM
    I had unknowingly set this to forever for a few weeks and noticed a 30-60 second delay when opening the hub after unlocking my phone. Granted our email server is on a pretty slow connection which may have been part of the blame. I've since changed it back to 7 days and the delay went away immediately.

Posted via CB10
    I'd wager that there was a good amount of email in the Inbox(es). When messages have been filed into the sub folders, the impact is a lot less.
    03-21-14 03:29 PM