So, BlackBerry is moving to put it's suites into three categories and release them as cross platform in the following Product Groups:

Productivity Suite
    BlackBerry Hub
    BlackBerry Calendar
    BlackBerry Contacts
    Documents to Go
    Input
    Universal Search

BlackBerry Communications Suite
    BBM
    Worklife for BlackBerry
    BBM Meetings
    BBM Protected
    World Class Global Support (?)
    SecuSUITE for BlackBerry

BlackBerry Security Suite
    BlackBerry Enterprise Service 12
    VPN Authentication
    Secure Work Spaces
    Enterprise Identity by BlackBerry
    BlackBerry Blend
    Password Keeper

I don't know how much these will cost to use, or which segment BlackBerry will allow to purchase them, but as I use my device primarily as a productivity device, I'd be very happy to see the work flow patterns on other devices.

If consumers using Apple or Android can get their native services into a Hub format (and their Facebook apps trounce the BB10 app), and even something like Tinder messaging can go into the Hub with email and the like, then this is the kind of thing that will bring people into buying BlackBerry software. They may not want a physical keyboard, and they may not want BB10, but they can have our workflow, their media and services, and a whole lot more.

When this comes to fruition, the Hub alone may drive BBM adoption across other platforms and a it's time BlackBerry freed itself from the shackles of the past and took this step. Able to sell a software suite for consumers and businesses and remove the hardware costs? Yes please.

08-29-15 11:43 AM
    I thought I replied to this one ... but yes, it will be interesting to see what actually gets released over the next year vs rumours vs vapourware
    09-03-15 05:42 PM
    I still think it will not be as good as the original BlackBerry 10 just because BlackBerry would have access to only so much of the OS control.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 12:09 AM