Don't try to be like iDroid. OS2 on the PlayBook is getting dangerously close. Come up with something a bit more original.

Some sort of sync system - RIM has the datacenters to do this, can't be that hard. Why in 2012 do I still have to plug my phone in to sync contacts and calender with Outlook on my desktop?
    04-29-12 04:58 PM
    My list of things I'd like is huge.

But here are my dealbreakers

Must-haves:

1) Removeable battery
    2) Removeable Storage.
    3) Email experience as good as BBOS with none of the frustrations that caused me to disassociate my email from my playbook.
    For Example:
    a) my 9850 is instant, my PB takes forever.
    b) My 9850 gets my email even when using wifi on the same LAN that my email server is, my PB does not because I don't have DNS on my LAN.
    c) PB email app is clunky and not even close to intuitive for me. My 9850 gets email done.

4) I'd like shortcut keys, but it's not a dealbreaker.
    5) More control over interface and app settings as opposed to the limited settings available on the playbook.
    6) MUST HAVE SURETYPE!!!

here's the thing. I want the new BB phones to be capable of more but I want it to maintain its roots; namely the things i mentioned above (and more). But if it loses that, well, then the BB will more and more like everything else that's out there.

**edit:
    thought of more:
    7) Expanded bridge capabilities, ie, ability to use BBM groups, SMS, and more.
    8) the ability reduce video quality/size on the fly so I can send a freaking video longer than 3 seconds to someone!!!!
    9) I'll continue to add more of the important ones if you guys think I should keep it up.
    Last edited by bobaloo; 04-29-12 at 10:24 PM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-29-12 05:04 PM
    I hope RIM will include the ability to 'SHARE' feature, share web links, share apps info in appworld, etc.
    04-29-12 06:14 PM
    Many good ideas from all the posters!

I want BB10 do redefine intuitive UI. Gestures in any way, combination of bezel+screen gestures: high-light something, pull to the nearest bezel and the screen resizes to show opened apps where to place said item; ie. highlight an image, drag image to screen border , email app is open, you now have placed the image as an attachment in an email.

Legacy BBOS support. There's a great volume of apps for the current generation of devices. RIM will lose that legacy. A simple Java VM would allow for all these apps to become a strong argument in favor of the new OS.

OS customization and cross-app communication. As Stated by others; I want my twitter "call to action" command to call the app I want. I want developers to try and improve the PIM and mailing experience because I can pick their app as the default app to use. I want smarter cross-functions like the calendar app that has multiple information sources to aggregate to my contacts' details.

I want 8GB of internal storage and external memory I can swap without rebooting the OS or taking out the camera.

I want a Desktop Manager that is actually worth using. BBM from the desktop if my BB10 device is connected to the PC. Not only device Internet tethering, but screen tethering wirelessly or by USB. If I bought Plant vs Zombies for BB10, I want to plug in my phone and play it using my PC monitor, speakers, keyboard and mouse.

I expect DLNA bidirectional out of the box.

I want every bluetooth profile available on this phone. I want to use the screen as a mouse, the keyboard for my PlayBook, listen to podcasts in my car, to pair a PlayStation controller to play games.

To quote Freddy Mercury, I want it all.
    And I want it now.
    04-29-12 06:22 PM
    BB10 needs to be totally awsome in every respect! If its going to be an all touch it needs to be at least 5.3"!
    If it's bigger than 4.6 inches I'm done with BlackBerry. That is just obnoxious. The Note is way too big unless you are Shaq.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    04-29-12 06:31 PM
    being able to send larger files. maybe 15mb max for any file would be a welcome addition.
    04-29-12 07:16 PM
    If it's bigger than 4.6 inches I'm done with BlackBerry. That is just obnoxious. The Note is way too big unless you are Shaq.
    HA HA! Too true. That thing is HUGE. At this rate, the device better have an internal nuclear reactor to power it.

Make it solid.
    Make it fast.
    Make it brilliant.
    Make it hi-res.
    Make it last all day long.
    And above all, just make it work.
    04-29-12 08:32 PM
    No checkboard, sturdy yet sleek design, very nice front and rear cameras with flash, high resolution display, sexy look, affordable price $100-$200 range. Phisical keyboard attachment wouldn't it be cool?
    04-29-12 09:58 PM
    I would love for BB OS 10 to make better use of NFC. Particularly, it would be great to be able to sync the contacts, calenders, pictures, etc. of your phone to another phone through NFC. My wife and I are both Blackberry users, and are constantly referencing eachother's calenders to plan our lives. I would love to tap my phone to hers to be able to instantly have her calender sync'ed with mine.
    04-29-12 10:31 PM
    I want the following:
    1. Security
    2. Physical keyboard
    3. BIS & removable battery
    4. No "Angry Birds" or other games
    5. No Netflix or Instagram
    6. Nothing that resembles apple or iphone

Tools, not toys.
    04-29-12 10:32 PM
    4 inch screen
    Bbm
    1gb of ram
    Dual core s4
    Lte
    Good auto focus rear cam
    Front cam
    Good web browser ( the Playbook browser sucks, I'm always hitting links on accident)
    720p screen or better
    Sd card
    Notification light
    Good email client
    Etc...
    04-30-12 02:55 AM
    No checkboard, sturdy yet sleek design, very nice front and rear cameras with flash, high resolution display, sexy look, affordable price $100-$200 range. Phisical keyboard attachment wouldn't it be cool?
    Even the PB has checkerboard when scrolling down large web pages... would be nice to see that go away.
    04-30-12 07:20 AM
    I want the following:
    1. Security
    2. Physical keyboard
    3. BIS & removable battery
    4. No "Angry Birds" or other games
    5. No Netflix or Instagram
    6. Nothing that resembles apple or iphone

Tools, not toys.
    Oh, please. Quit being such a snob.

Why insist that features and capabilities be absent?

I personally want options, so that I (and everyone else) can customize the device to meet their needs/wants.
    modern, Hobbes2099 and xiaohuaxing like this.
    04-30-12 09:38 AM
    Now this is something for the people who drive a lot

Make a features so the ones who listen to music or internet radio on their phones and stream to the car radio can do it hands free. Similar to fords sync system.

A one button push and speak system would be perfect. There are apps for music but none as far as i know for internet radio.

Might be pushing it here but built in internet radio would be nice too.. but not a deal breaker..

Waiting for BB10 so I can upgrade .. Hoping for all these features that we would love to see.. great ideas here
    04-30-12 02:53 PM
    1. Capture: Cameras, recording, editting, peripheral accessories, email like BBOS, not PB (no filters??),
    2. Connect: USB host, wireless networks, NFC, social platforms, sharing from any app to any app
    3. Create: documents, emails, slideshows, major creation and editting suites
    4. Collaborate: Sharing, device to device, cloud storage apps, presentation apps, etc.

One I left out but will include now for the majority of people :
    Consume: Apps, games, media, etc.
    04-30-12 03:16 PM
    Great battery life, front facing camara, and flawless user interface.
    04-30-12 03:21 PM
    No more hourglasses.
    04-30-12 09:31 PM
    Most of the comments are bang one. It needs to be complete.

I am most upset with the syncing ability of my calendars and contacts with my gmail, home, work, gist, linkedin, and everything else. The integration of PB contacts is great but there is not a sync of everything, just a compilation. I have contacts in one spot but not another and I want everyone/everything together.
    05-02-12 03:20 PM
    One word: Success..
    05-02-12 04:08 PM
    Apps shouldn't be tied on BIS to work. (i.e. BBM, Foursquare, IMs ) I don't mind paying for BIS if it will give me its full functionality. But some money grabbing carriers don't even include facebook and twitter to be working on their overpriced BIS.
    05-02-12 04:29 PM
    the physical keyboard will be nice, but i'd reay like to see FLASH on a BB.
    05-02-12 06:38 PM
    i would like better video and picture quality on a touch screen platform, more game ability. bigger is better. KISS.
    05-02-12 07:16 PM
    Potential dealbreakers for me if not present:

1. Excellent battery life. My current Torch doesn't last a day, I might as well have gotten an Android.

2. Removable battery. So I don't get stuck with repair fees if the battery craps out.

3. Two convenience keys. Alternatively, with the new emphasis on gestures, it'd be cool if you could launch apps by drawing a letter on the screen, like W for Weatherbug. As long as I don't have waste time searching for the icon.

4. Mute-able camera

5. Available in a variant 4" or less screen. Someone suggested a 4.65" screen, I'm not sure if that was a joke but that's getting close to a Playbook. Also, I'm 5'2" and would look ridiculous with a phone the size of my face. Options please!

Before seeing the new on-screen keyboard, I was one clamoring for a physical keyboard. Now I'm open to trying out the full touch form factor and going from there.
    05-02-12 07:51 PM
    Potential dealbreakers for me if not present:

1. Excellent battery life. My current Torch doesn't last a day, I might as well have gotten an Android.

2. Removable battery. So I don't get stuck with repair fees if the battery craps out.

3. Two convenience keys. Alternatively, with the new emphasis on gestures, it'd be cool if you could launch apps by drawing a letter on the screen, like W for Weatherbug. As long as I don't have waste time searching for the icon.
    s

I agree though the app Keyboard Launcher saves me time to try to look for an app on the go. The Hotkey for it is spacebar so on the homescreen I just press it and then type in the app I want through the Keyboard Launcher and Bam it shows up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-02-12 08:01 PM
    Other than what's already been mentioned.

I hope more games are linked to BBM. I could see this taking off very well if BBM is integrated into games.

BUT PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN DEVS!
    mapsonburt likes this.
    05-02-12 08:04 PM
101 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD