How about taking BB Protect a step further and converting it into a full cloud service?
    04-28-12 06:03 PM
    Superior build quality, gotta set the standard! BBs are expensive - so let the design and quality justify the price. Gotta have a very good auto focus flash camera, too. Just regain a reputation for quality and dependability!...and I'll be happy.
    04-28-12 06:29 PM
    I'd like to see the thinnest blackberry ever, with the most powerful microprocessor. I'd like to see the BB10 with dual sim capabilities for those who travel and would like to avoid roaming charges. I'd love to see an OS that has the capabilities of running apps from either or both apple or google.

If blackberry does this, then they have the foundation for one serious piece of equipment. Not to mention a battery life that is beyond expectations.
    04-28-12 08:26 PM
    why do you all keep going on about crapple winblows and android?

How about the BB10 is exactly that. a BB10??

enough said.
    04-28-12 09:03 PM
    1. All native BlackBerry apps
    2. Great Battery life
    3. More apps
    04-28-12 09:14 PM
    So many ideas but all over the place and no one central location for people to list them or vote for them

Crackberry, can we please create an ideabin for blackberry? e.g. IdeaScale Suggestion Box

Kind of like a "digg" but where people can submit ideas, and people like us can vote them up or down or add comments

Then, this will be a good master list for the good people at RIM =)

Cheers =)
    Hobbes2099 likes this.
    04-28-12 09:33 PM
    I want a full touchscreen at least 4-4.65 inches. The resolution must be at least 1280x720.

I want battery life that can last all day without a charge with moderate-heavy use.

I want the OS to be super smooth and manage memory properly.

I want all the apps every other platform gets (the main ones). Especially the apps I use.

Fast browser, I don't care if it has flash or not.

I never want to see the hourglass pop up, ever.

LTE.

I want a cloud service as mentioned by others as well. Google has Google Drive, MS has SkyDrive and Apple has iCloud. RIM needs one now as well.

I want customization.

I want great build quality.
    You don't want to see an hourglass... ever.

People in want ice water too. There is no device... and there never will be a device... that will satisfy that criteria. Deal with it.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    04-28-12 09:40 PM
    I want a phone that does something radically different. A change that is fundamental to the point that shocks people. I mean a technological leap that literally redefines what smart phones are and what they are used for. NFC will likely be a big part of that... along with TAT.

Ya know what I really want? I want a full touch screen device that will display a laser full querty keyboard onto a flat surface by the phone... and I want it to work.

other than that... I want epic battery life. If it means the phone has to be bigger.. fine. I want like.. 9700 battery life.

other than that... I want the best browsing experience there is.

I'm in the minority... but I couldn't care less about apps. For the most part they are fluff. Give me the internet. Why do I need a facebook app when I can just go to facebook? Why do I need a twitter app when I can load up twitter.com?

A few apps I would like to see improved though... Blackberry traffic needs to be upgraded to a fully functional NAV system. That alone would be a huge selling point.

Blackberry Travel is already a great app but it could use an update as well to improve booking and such.

Oh.. and HDMI out... and USB 3.0... and cutting edge bluetooth.

Hey... I'm not asking for much...
    04-28-12 09:50 PM
    1. Battery life
    2. Full emails - no truncated or too large notices
    3. Keyboard (for push and hold for caps, B bottom, T top, SpaceBar page down, I zoom in , O zoom out, etc - all the great BBOS keyboard shorties)
    4. on all touch devices - integrate BBOS keyboard shorties ^^^^
    5. BB key / back button (on all touch - integrate somehow)
    6. wireless charging via metallic BB symbol on back (cases would have to have contacts to transfer charge through)
    7. i forget
    04-28-12 10:42 PM
    You don't want to see an hourglass... ever.

People in want ice water too. There is no device... and there never will be a device... that will satisfy that criteria. Deal with it.
    People, please stop thinking of BB10 in the same terms as the current BBOS. The two have *nothing* in common, technically speaking.

The "hourglass" is actually an artifact of the current "legacy" BBOS's design. Its when the JVM (Java Virtual Machine)'s garbage collector is running. (sorry if that's too technical for some of you, deal with it)

In other words, you only see the hourglass because of how the current BBOS works. You see it frequently because the current BBOS is now running *far* more stuff than it was ever designed to.

BB10 is not a lightweight embedded OS pushed beyond its limits. Its a far more general-purpose multitasking operating system (QNX), designed similarly to what you'd put on a PC, wrapped up in an embeddable user-friendly package. In other words, its core has a lot more in common with Android or iOS (or Linux or MacOSX) than it does with legacy BBOS.

You will not see the "hourglass of annoyance" because there is no longer any reason for it to be shown. Even if one app does freeze up and show some sort of spinning icon, that behavior will be confined to that one app alone. Everything else in the system should continue to function normally.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    04-28-12 10:51 PM
    The screen needs to be large, battery needs to last, camera needs to be top-notch. HDMI output and all major apps. We don't need 10,000 apps, just the main ones.
    04-28-12 10:56 PM
    Honestly, it's less about what we want and probably so much more what "they" want. They being the iPhone/Android users. It needs to be whatever appeals to them as the BB fans, even thought wanting more, are willing to patiently wait for more. I think RIM only has one shot with this device and it has to be a success. Either way they will be a B-school case.
    04-28-12 11:30 PM
    Skype, Contacts / Calendar sync with all the platforms (mac, playbook, pc, android and iOs devices), Cloud service (5GB at least).
    04-29-12 12:41 AM
    Just had a thought.....it must have bridge....I really hope rim doesn't decide to appease the carriers by getting rid of bridge and making all playbooks 4G.
    04-29-12 05:59 AM
    I would love to see more speed in the BB10, why can the other phones provide much faster internet access, al you do is click, and you are there.

Foward facing camera, better camera graphic,

No more battery pulls

Larger Screen

All I can think of for now

BTW...I still love my 9810 and looking forward when I can buy the BB10, regardless of my "wish" list.
    04-29-12 06:18 AM
    I think that RIM has lost its way and they don't know how to build a better phone.

Before I have told that the only way for RIM to go is to change their OS to android and hire a company like samsung or htc to build some new phones, by doing this they could build a more secure version of android that is exclusive to blackberry that included features like bbm and push mail.

Blackberry 10 is not going to make any difference at all, look at the playbook noobody is buying that tablet and it has almost a blackberry 10 OS.

When blackberry releases a blackberry 10 phone we will have IOS 6 and the new iphone 5. How could RIM think they are going to sell some phones if there is a better phone like the iphone 5.

Also samsung is building great phones on Android OS, RIM needs to change to Android if they want to survive.

Look at motorola, samsung and other companies, if they have not changed to android they would be dead by now.

There is now way to have a better OS than IOS or Android, RIM programmers are not that good and they don't have a magical wand to make better software.

Also what RIM is thinking by no releasing a blackberry 10 with a physical keyboard this year, why they keep thinking that people would want to choose an iphone clone that by no way is better to the iphone?
    Last edited by lke1; 04-29-12 at 06:30 AM.
    04-29-12 06:28 AM
    Media and web browsing on BB phones has always been a sticking point. Would be nice to see them address this area with better and richer media management tools/integration etc... the web browser has never been very enjoyable, but that's always going to be an issue on the smaller screens. You really need a big high res full screen for that.

The camera hardware needs to be better. The 9900's camera was a joke. The native camera apps need to offer way more features - look at what the iPhone 4S offers.

It's gonna be hard adding all the features people want and keep the legendary BB experience alive. Hopefully they knock it out of the park. This is a big one for RIM.
    04-29-12 08:27 AM
    for starters, a keyboard which is better than 9900

a nice large touchscreen

faster than the fastest UI

a nice decent camera

and BATTERY!
    04-29-12 09:39 AM
    I'm dreaming, but I'd like to see BB10 on all BB devices... a common platform on all BB devices so developers can target the entire BB device user-world by coding one app. The market is huge, would require much less work than developing for multiple operating systems, and would be a lure that dangles PROFITS in front of some hungry mouths.
    04-29-12 09:56 AM
    I think that RIM has lost its way and they don't know how to build a better phone.

Before I have told that the only way for RIM to go is to change their OS to android and hire a company like samsung or htc to build some new phones, by doing this they could build a more secure version of android that is exclusive to blackberry that included features like bbm and push mail.

Blackberry 10 is not going to make any difference at all, look at the playbook noobody is buying that tablet and it has almost a blackberry 10 OS.

When blackberry releases a blackberry 10 phone we will have IOS 6 and the new iphone 5. How could RIM think they are going to sell some phones if there is a better phone like the iphone 5.

Also samsung is building great phones on Android OS, RIM needs to change to Android if they want to survive.

Look at motorola, samsung and other companies, if they have not changed to android they would be dead by now.

There is now way to have a better OS than IOS or Android, RIM programmers are not that good and they don't have a magical wand to make better software.

Also what RIM is thinking by no releasing a blackberry 10 with a physical keyboard this year, why they keep thinking that people would want to choose an iphone clone that by no way is better to the iphone?
    Since when is Motorola successful? I guess the Google buyout was a hoax Obviously you haven't use a Playbook either which has a superior OS that leaps and bounds the competition (I mean, the iPad is all apps, without them, what would it be?). It also runs an android simulator that... runs android apps (which I don't like, but ok). The Playbook is only plagued by faux-journalists who tarnish the BB name, namely Engadget and lack of developers developing their apps for the platform. I feared getting one because of them (Engadget) and was pissed when I finally bought one at $200 (which it did sell well at that price), and since have lost a lot of respect for Engadget. They aren't representing things as they should be: for regular consumers (even though I'm not exactly). Everything is all specs that no ordinary person will see because it's just not tangible. The average person clings to the tangible part. But, the average person will do a Google search to see a 3 stars out of five and make judgement. QNX is what I want in BB10, not Android. I should know because my family and friends all own Android devices ranging from the Nexus to the Razr, and they're nothing spectacular. What they have is volume. You can't go try picking up a smartphone now without there being several Android. Small carriers will sometimes not even stock anything unless it's an Android. BB has a great name behind it and a lot of people would willingly give them another try (several friends). I commend them most for not releasing an unfinished OS (and charging full price) and then pumping out "major updates" that just brings features that should have been there to begin with, and when features that are supposed to come that make it unique, the OS update is not promised according to most sources. Calling no names So take your "RIM programmers are not that good" somewhere else. Also, QNX was not started under RIM. It was already well established, and is in fact superior to iOS and Android. I think the reason iOS is loosing such marketshare to Android is because people have become bored of the same grid of apps UI, with nothing else to it. Android lacks security and building security for Android would probably be more work with device slated for the end of next year. All in all, I think RIM is doing a fantastic job. They just need to get more and more developers interested, so there is a plethora of apps, and the quality/popular apps are also available.
    Last edited by andy_56; 04-29-12 at 01:12 PM.
    Snipperdo17 likes this.
    04-29-12 01:03 PM
    Lots of pixels
    04-29-12 01:51 PM
    1. I'd like to see BB10 be able to allow apps to "talk to one another" the way Android does. I suspect this functionality will be available in iOS6 when it comes out and, well, BB needs to have it too. Let me explain further: On my Android handset, I use Pulse reader to find articles I want to share on various Facebook pages I own. As I view the article, I have the opportunity to send the result to any of my installed Android applications. The standard Facebook app doesn't allow me to share on individual pages, just my own profile, so I select "Friendcaster" a 3rd party Facebook app. I can then post the Pulse article using the special functionality built-in to Friendcaster. As I've been using Android, I've slowly begun to couple apps using the strengths of one with the strengths of others. This is done easily without much hassle or configuration. I suspect that this will be a new feature of iOS in iOS6. It would be unfortunate if BB10 didn't have this pipeline between apps because it would make the OS seem rather old and stale if both Android and iOS do this. I love my playbook and use it every day, but I fear that the platform is based around using apps in a way that is somewhat dated compared to my experience on Android.

2. Voice Recognition for Dictation. I use an app from Nuance to dictate into a spaced-repetition flashcard app for Android. It words very well often enough to make it a real time-saver. Android has built in voice recognition on the OS-level that is decent. So does the iPhone now. BB shouldn't pretend this isn't now part of how people work on smartphones. I've saved hours dictating and making corrections as opposed to typing text I'm reading into my phone. BB10 will seem dated on arrival if it doesn't match this key functionality of the other mobile OSs.

3. PIM and BBM that run on the Blackberry Network and don't take 20 seconds to open or lag significantly. BB10 should not be released with the slow, sluggish, ugly, and unstable apps we've seen on the Playbook. Don't get me wrong, I love the new Contacts app -- although, I'd like to see it integrate email history the way it does social history -- but I feel like they aren't ready to show off, yet.

4. I'd like to see Cascades or some other really cool animated GUI thorughout. Why? I like to show off my phone. BB should want people to show off their phones to others rather than trying to argue that despite the dated appearance, the functionality is there.

5. Ubuntu integration or a similar ability to flesh-out QNX into a full mobile computing platform. See here: Ubuntu for Android | Ubuntu

6. The ability to easily convert or sideload Android apps that I've purchased without rooting the device to undermine some anti-piracy encryption. Why is this important? Because I'm hoping that BB will be able to steal some market share back from Android and one reason why it is difficult for me to imagine returning to BB is that I've paid for and genuinely enjoy using about a dozen or so Android apps, which don't have equivalents on the Playbook OS. I'd like a salesperson to be able to tell Android users that they can just port their existing apps over and not worry about losing that functionality. That's one big objection dealt with.

7. A name that indicates this OS is a complete rewrite or relaunch of BB. Let's face it, in the United States, BB is quickly becoming synonymous with old and outdated. BB10 sounds like its just an upgrade of the existing OS. No one here will believe that a mere upgrade is going to be good enough to be competitive. Given that it is an entirely new platform, call it something new.

8. Hardware should be: A hi-res screen size of 4.5 inches or greater; Great sounding audio on the phone and on the headphone jack; a phone that includes a slider and/or physical keyboard; 4gLTE... and at least 8 hours of intensive use on the battery.

9. An agile development schedule with constant small updates and improvements. I wouldn't mind if this was just implemented on the Playbook as a "developer track." If BB would have released the PIM apps like this, they would have gotten feedback and corrected for the lack of portrait input and the slow-loading and crashing problems earlier and been more likely to build software responsive to the needs of their users.

10. A Blackberry University developers school website with hundreds of hours of lectures, cheatsheets, and flashcards to teach the crackberry faithful how to develop HTML5 apps and native (C++) apps for BB10. The current revision of the developer website is way better than the previous effort, but it still doesn't provide a real walkthrough for fanboys who would and could become developers. iOS got its huge initial sprint from the combination of Apple fanboys with terrific documentation and tools. BB is working hard to create the tools, but the documentation still isn't there. By documentation, I mean "here's how you do it" one-on-one or classroom style teaching from complete novice to advanced developer. I can find those materials in any bookstore for the other platforms, so BB will have to answer on their own in order to compete and unleash their fanboys.
    Last edited by BlackberryFan777; 04-29-12 at 03:39 PM.
    04-29-12 03:36 PM
    Two things on Playbook
    1. The calendar icon reflecting the day number like on 7.1 phones. In 2.0 it has remained a stationary number.

2. The notification icon to press here for messages to contain a small amount of info about the message similar to what is done on webOS. (unless protected by patent etc).
    alan
    04-29-12 03:51 PM
    Front facing camera (along with the rear one we have now).. and hoping we can video chat cross platform.

Fully Functional Bridge - to see and access it all, on the Playbook.

I'll think of more later...
    04-29-12 04:06 PM
    want to see scrolling as smooth as apple
    04-29-12 04:31 PM
101 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD