The peek gesture is the most useful and frustrating functions introduced in BB10. When I peek I'm expecting to see the the hub menu instead I am returning to the last screen I left the hub from. Could a second gesture solve this? One gesture takes you to the hub menu while a second gesture returns you to the place you last exited the hub.
    02-23-13 06:56 AM
    I totally agree. I think a lot of posters have raised this already so hopefully the lovely people at blackberry will respond when the next os update comes through

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 09:26 AM
    Wasn't this covered in one of the postings by Kevin regarding root peak?

Basically when your in a native app like the cb10 app. U swipe to the left to peak at u r last screen. For the root peak u hold the back button on the button left and swipe to the left. It should show you two background pages. To the immediate left of the page you peaked from is the last page you were on and to the far left would be where your main page or hub would be.

Only works on native apps I think. I'm not sure if this is what you mean though.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 11:40 AM
    what i always do is swipe back to the hub whenever i am done composing a message. saves me the trouble next time i go into the hub. becomes a habit and then its natural
    02-23-13 12:01 PM
    You are correct. The root gesture does help. Unfortunately when you have the keyboard exposed the "?123" button does not give you that same functionality. Maybe activating that bottom left corner all the time as root peak would improve the interface.

Not sure if that fully satisfies my desire tho. If I'm crafting a CB10 post and the little siren which is the red led starts flashing I want a 1 gesture way to view my sparks. If I use the root peek I look back to the root of my current app which is not necessarily the root of my hub.

Again thanks for reminding me of the root peek gesture. Very happy with BB10 overall.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    BL3 likes this.
    02-23-13 12:39 PM
    So I see that I misunderstood your topic, my bad.

I agree with you it is kinda annoying that you have to manually go back to the main hub if you exited on say an open msg. On the other hand if the gesture brings you back to the main hub all the time, people will be more mad for example when they accidentally exit midway through a very lengthy email and find their composition be erased when they returned.

With regards to the second gesture, I think it is a good idea and will definitely be great for more advanced power users. Maybe an up and to the right swipe?

Although that might bring up some troubles. People are already saying that the phone is not very intuitive. Although I don't agree with that, you can see how an extra gesture might fuel that perception even more. I think for a beginning OS having a compact, small and simple set of main gestures would serve BlackBerry better to reduce the learning curve. Over time and as the OS matures, then these extra gestures can be added kinda like ios and it's multitasking(kind of) with the two button presses.

Hopefully down the road we do get that second gesture though as it will be quite convenient.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 12:44 PM
    what i always do is swipe back to the hub whenever i am done composing a message. saves me the trouble next time i go into the hub. becomes a habit and then its natural
    That's what I've been doing as well. It would be nice it the gesture did just bring you back to the hub though.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 12:48 PM
    How I would like it to work.

When you use the peak gesture it should always show the Hub.
    If I complete the peak gesture the Hub should remain.
    If I release the peak gesture. Then I swipe to the Hub it should be what was last viewed.
    03-23-13 09:25 AM
    I don't have a Z10 yet, but would it work if the swipe up worked in successive "layers"?

initial swipe up and partway right shows last message open
    further right shows the next layer which would be the list of messages
    further right again shows the root hub
    03-23-13 12:28 PM