The Priv is superior to the Z30 in every way, shape and form.

BlackBerry Priv vs BlackBerry Z30 - Phone specs comparison

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Your link shows better ratings for the Z30. Anyway, by downgrade, I'm really referring to the OS.
    04-17-16 10:45 PM
    The Priv is superior to the Z30 in every way, shape and form.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...ones/9744,7519

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    The price isn't
    04-17-16 11:14 PM
    The price isn't
    Of course your Ford Focus is gonna be cheaper than my Ferrari
    04-17-16 11:58 PM
    I believe BlackBerry10 in its present format is a risk to too many people's agenda, in and outside of BlackBerry . I also believe in order for it to change, it would no longer be BlackBerry10, and that's one of main reasons for the BlackBerry Android variant.
    - As you've read in the News and seen online, governments, companies, industries and individuals alike, are poised to lose a lot of their investment in "Personal Data" with an Operating System Platform made to provide Personal Data Security. Folks saying BlackBerry doesn't sell enough units to be relevant, is like saying Tesla doesn't sell enough Electric Vehicles to impact the Automotive Industry. The fact will always remain that it's existence (even as a Niche Market ) will be an example for others to follow, ( Blackphone aims for the security aspect and Sailfish aims for the functionality, of the BlackBerry concept). The Smartphone industry is very much like the Auto Industry. General Motors once started an Electric Car Program and although the model was viable, once the concept posed a threat to the traditional engine, they attempted to bury it. But once the genie's out of the bottle , you've got Tesla, Toyota, Honda, BMW, forcing GM to revisit the idea( with the Chevy Volt) or be left behind . So the best thing would have been to bury the bottle deeper.
    But notice how the Chevrolet Volt is a hybrid, much like the BlackBerry Priv. They're transitional products, easily modified to influence the consumers. The Priv is not a traditional BlackBerry and being a hybrid, contains many similar security aspects associated with Android Devices. But , it's uses "BlackBerry Security Software , allowing BlackBerry an opening to transition to the other side where unfortunately BlackBerry 10 now becomes the competition.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 and shakingthrough like this.
    04-18-16 01:17 AM
    The vast majority of consumers don't want their Android devices to feel like BB10.
    I think there is room to improve on the launcher and manufacturer installed apps as BlackBerry has started with the PRIV. I have always liked how BlackBerry does things. I find some of the colour choices on my Samsung to be very garish. I prefer the BlackBerry presentation. Speaking for myself, I would buy an Android all touch BlackBerry. I think of BlackBerry like a Volvo, the same but slightly different.

The problem is that Chen has no vision or passion for what BlackBerry might bring to the table. He is not a Steve Jobs and he really does not care about the product.

I agree about BB10. No one cares much about phone operating systems.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-18-16 02:01 AM
    Could BB10 survive this way?
    -No, there is simply no way, BB10 can survive.
    04-18-16 02:06 AM
    Mobile OSs simply don't work this way................... There's no such thing as "universal drivers."............................
    And as I said, the driver issue is only one of a great many issues - any one of which makes this plan impossible.
    Thanks very much Troy for these lectures. Appreciate.
    04-18-16 05:41 AM
    Enterprise and consumer classes have somewhat converged now. Most major companies in many so-called secure industries are offering byod. IT admins and managers can no longer force employers and employees to use some so-called secure device which is also not covering their personal needs. You know why because even the IT guy is using an iPhone or android device.

Posted via CB10
    Yup! My workplace is revoking its strict no-camera policy this year... there just aren't any viable options left! I remember checking CONSTANTLY for word of a non-camera Q10, but it never came. Instead we were stuck with 9900's. The Classic was two years too late... had BlackBerry put out a cameraless Q10 they could have kept that niche market alive, but they didn't. Now all company phones are Android (camera disabled through EMM), and we're going full BYOD sometime this year.

(you'll still get fired for taking pictures on company property, but that's just keeping the onus on employees...)

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    MoonSunStars likes this.
    04-18-16 06:04 AM
    I don't think so. Chen don't believe on the OS and went for the easiest way, Android, but will fail.

I didn't like Thorsten Heins, but at least he believed in BB10.
    04-18-16 10:21 AM
    They market BB10 as the most secure handset
    It may have already been said but here's the key issue with this approach. Their whole investment in going Android is that they can secure it to "BlackBerry" level (whatever someone wants that to mean) - selling the idea that BB can secure Android. If they have a competing product that claims to be MORE secure, the secure Android argument falls apart.

Richard
    early2bed and jyates like this.
    04-18-16 10:41 AM
    It may have already been said but here's the key issue with this approach. Their whole investment in going Android is that they can secure it to "BlackBerry" level (whatever someone wants that to mean) - selling the idea that BB can secure Android. If they have a competing product that claims to be MORE secure, the secure Android argument falls apart.
    The problem is that what they are selling - their claims of security - are nebulous. They have Secusmart which is their highest security (except for what the POTUS uses, apparently), then they have BB10 with BES end-to-end security, then BB10 without BES, then Priv "hardened" Android, and then BES with iOS/Android devices. Not exactly a clear value proposition, is it?

Meanwhile, you have some of the biggest companies in technology (Apple, Google, Microsoft) constantly working on improving the security of their platforms to obviate the need for such add-on third party security. Ultimately, I see the same future for BlackBerry as I see for PC antivirus/firewall software companies.
    04-18-16 10:52 AM
    The problem is that what they are selling - their claims of security - are nebulous. They have Secusmart which is their highest security (except for what the POTUS uses, apparently), then they have BB10 with BES end-to-end security, then BB10 without BES, then Priv "hardened" Android, and then BES with iOS/Android devices. Not exactly a clear value proposition, is it?

Meanwhile, you have some of the biggest companies in technology (Apple, Google, Microsoft) constantly working on improving the security of their platforms to obviate the need for such add-on third party security. Ultimately, I see the same future for BlackBerry as I see for PC antivirus/firewall software companies.
    Oh, I'm not on board that they can secure Android worth a damn. At this point it's totally about marketing hype vs. reality, and that's why I say they couldn't market BB10 as "the most secure" and have any hope of success with their Android offerings, because it would dilute the perception of BB's "secure" version of Android.

Richard
    04-18-16 11:06 AM
    Oh, I'm not on board that they can secure Android worth a damn. At this point it's totally about marketing hype vs. reality, and that's why I say they couldn't market BB10 as "the most secure" and have any hope of success with their Android offerings, because it would dilute the perception of BB's "secure" version of Android.

Richard
    Their only other choice is to leave the handset market all together.
    04-18-16 01:30 PM
    In my opinion BB has one foot in the coffin and must really try to eke out something in terms of its core customers i.e. Governments and Security Customers.

In my opinion the decision to shelf BBM as being a sort of text message part 2 was the company's final curtain call. Let us face it BB10 is dead. Android is a viable option BUT blackberry will have to launch an aggressive marketing campaign.

BBM can still be a worthy competitor maybe BBM should have an option to work with the phone number as well as the PIN and users can decide which one they want to use and even interchange accordingly. Apple does this with imessage you can use you phone number or apple ID. I think a lot of consumers are concerned about privacy even if they don't know it yet so Blackberry should perhaps launch a marketing thrust highlighting fun and secure features of BBM.

Gotta say though BBM is now a bit clunky in comparison to whatsapp. It is slower than my whatsapp on my 5s. However, with features like timed messages and retraction of messages I am unsure as to why Blackberry is keeping quiet. Maybe they could also revise their encryption methods of BBM so that they are unable to assist law enforcement any at all with reading BBM sent on the consumer side.

Just a few thoughts, I would really hate to see Blackberry go the way of Nokia.
    04-19-16 01:42 AM
    Gotta say though BBM is now a bit clunky in comparison to whatsapp. It is slower than my whatsapp on my 5s. However, with features like timed messages and retraction of messages I am unsure as to why Blackberry is keeping quiet. Maybe they could also revise their encryption methods of BBM so that they are unable to assist law enforcement any at all with reading BBM sent on the consumer side.
    BB built BBM when they had money to do so. Today, it's expensive enough for them to support, and they lose so much money on phones, that they have to use BBM to generate profits. Thus, the truly encrypted messaging has to be subscribed to and paid for - BB can't afford to give that way for free. Unfortunately, that business model makes it hard to compete against iOS/iMessage or Android/Hangouts. Once again, they painted themselves into a corner with a series of poor decisions.
    JeepBB and DrBoomBotz like this.
    04-19-16 10:35 AM
    BB built BBM when they had money to do so. Today, it's expensive enough for them to support, and they lose so much money on phones, that they have to use BBM to generate profits. Thus, the truly encrypted messaging has to be subscribed to and paid for - BB can't afford to give that way for free. Unfortunately, that business model makes it hard to compete against iOS/iMessage or Android/Hangouts. Once again, they painted themselves into a corner with a series of poor decisions.
    Haha sounds like the same foolish argument that kept BBM on just BB devices for far too long.
    04-23-16 07:24 PM
41 12