There were several apps like BeBuzz for previous OS versions. These (i would think) were money makers for those developers given their popularity. So why isn't there at least one available out of the gate or why didn't BB bake in something else other than the standard buzz and LED. I REALLY liked the fact I didn't have to look at my screen with BeBuzz to determine if I should pick up and unlock my phone or not. This was accomplished by setting the vibrate duration. That combined with color changing LED was killer feature to have. This should have been available at launch. So what gives. I'm sure it will come, but as someone who still has an iphone, their Bold 9900 and an android, I'm ready to turn off my Z10 and go back to the Bold until the dust settles. That is not good news for Blackberry. You captured the audience, better ensure you can hold them.

Second note on that is Bloomberg or anything similar for stock quotes. Neither of these are complex apps - so WTH are they. edit - ok apps are complex, but not complex in that they need to be "dialed in" to the new screen resolution etc.
    Last edited by dr_pepper; 02-07-13 at 12:02 PM.
    02-07-13 11:48 AM
    BeBuzz don't have access to the API's that allow them to do this. Asaunders tweeted that they'll open up that API at some point though....
    02-07-13 12:00 PM
    "BeBuzz don't have access to the API's that allow " yes - but why not. BB missed the boat on that if they didn't make those API's available. This was a unique and stand out feature RIM HAD the corner on. There should have been a concerted effort to get it in for launch. Having a red LED is IMO useless as I'm sure most people with a BB are getting a messages continuously. Having to unlock my phone to determine what the message is........i'll go back to my bold 9900
    02-07-13 12:04 PM