My wife and I both have the Q10. My wife took a video on her Q10 that I wanted. She couldn't email the video file to me because of the size so she texted it to me. When she attached the video, the file format was converted to a "3gp". The video quality was very low, but the audio was there. To work around this problem I therefore just copied the MP4 video file from her Q10. The video quality was much better, but the audio was missing.

To make it work, I took the audio from the "3gp" file and put it with the MP4 vidoe and voila.

My question is: What happened to the audio on the MP4 files? Why doesn't it carry over? Is there another file that I needed to copied? If so, what is called and where is it on the phone?

Thanks again for helping a newbie to BB10. Enjoying the Q10.
    07-31-13 04:00 PM
    That IS odd! Can anyone help here?
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    08-01-13 09:33 AM
    That IS odd! Can anyone help here?
    Thanks for your reply. I may have stumbled onto something. The lack of audio was occurs when I opened the MP4 with Sony's Movie Studio. I use this for editing, etc. However, when I open the MP4 file with Windows Media Player, the video and audio works

I will need to do more research on why my primary editing software is failing with Audio. Thanks to all for looking and I apologize for not trying this earlier.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    08-01-13 11:01 PM
    Probably missing a plug in. Don't know details for the Sony software though.
    08-01-13 11:32 PM
    Sony Creative Software - Forums - Vegas Movie Studio Messages

A quick scan of Google, shows a lot of people having issues with audio and SMS.
    08-01-13 11:44 PM