- CrackBerry Abuser
- 202 Posts
Continuity versus Functionality
I just want to offer an opinion/observation and see if I'm alone or others agree. I completely understand how blackberry wants to have continuity in how the apps function throughout the bb10 OS, but I think because of this its losing functionality...
A prime example is the phone app... Why is the phone app a separate app in the first place that needs to open and load. on every other blackberry in existence one simply hits the phone key and the dialer opens with quick tabs for contacts and history. No loading, no closing and opening, it's just there and it responds immediately. Same with settings.. pulling down from the top to access settings doesn't immediately populate a settings list, instead the "App" has to open and load before settings are available.
So I'm curious why blackberry chose to handle this basic functions in this way. In my mind they should be handled like the hub or the universal search. When you swipe or tap to access them they should just be there, always, ready to go.
Anyways, that is just my two cents and I'm curious to see how the rest of crackberry feels.
Hope you're all enjoying your Z10's
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Master
02-17-2013, 08:15 PM #2
- 1,147 Posts
well thats because in the old bb7 and older, the phone app is always running. if you ever noticed by holding the blackberry key, there are usually 5 main apps running, one of them is phone, another is home, bbm... forgot the rest but iphone opens up the phone app as wellBold 9000 ->
iPhone 5-> White Z10 -> Passport
- By mgsm666 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 19Last Post: 06-21-2008, 12:10 AM
- By mvrap in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 9Last Post: 05-01-2008, 06:50 PM
- By jimbo1mcm in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 3Last Post: 12-31-2007, 08:57 PM
- By spikeatsrufc in forum IntroductionsReplies: 22Last Post: 03-26-2007, 08:22 AM
- By naviwilliams in forum Other PlatformsReplies: 17Last Post: 03-23-2007, 11:03 AM