Does anyone know of a way I can clean up my contacts on my desktop? My phone will randomly link people's names together. Eric Jones will randomly link with jimmy Eaton. Some names I click unlink with no avail. It seems like they don't want to separate.
    It's frustrating and I don't know how to stop that from happening. I have unlinked their names countless times. It does not stop with just them. It happened to about 20 contacts and I'm sure there are more I don't even know about.
    Which contact server do you guys recommend? Google, yahoo, outlook... I need to get this fixed.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 11:43 AM
    I've never used desktop OS contact management systems but I could only see it being a hindrance especially since they've changed over the years.

I would recommend Google because it can easily be synced to any device and all the information is consistent. Plus, if you're a user of Gmail, Google Calender and other services, it only makes sense.
    08-10-13 11:48 AM
    I'd recommend Gmail or Outlook.com. I use both. What you use should be determined by your needs.

On device there's little difference, once they're set up and running.
    I find Gmail more useful at the web client end. I like Gmail's search much better -- I never fail to find an email I've searched for. I like Gmail's labeling, and more granular control in the settiings/options. I find the Gmail contacts section better as well. (A contact photo added there appears in device contacts after your next sync interval.) Gmail is best set up via IMAP. Note that items deleted on device are merely Archived (to the All Mail folder), unless you make certain you have specific settings enabled. (See this thread, post #4 http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...8/#post8638154

That said, Outlook has some nice features as well.I love the way you can set up aliases within the web client. Extremely usefull for newsletter subcriptions, etc.) It's a very clean, simple interface. But it's a bit lacking in options. The contacts section is bare-bones. You cannot add contact photos manually -- they must be linked from one of the social services (Facebook, Skype, etc.). Outlook.com is bet sest up as ActiveSync, is somewhat easier than Gmail for the initial setup.

There is no appreciable difference in email delivery or contact/calendar sync -- both have similar settings available. In the end, I think the biggest difference is the web client end. I'd suggest setting up an account on both, see which you like best.

Good luck.
    08-10-13 03:24 PM
    I appreciate both of your inputs. I'll have to mess around d with both but I think I'm going to start with Google's service. Thanks guys

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    08-10-13 05:00 PM