My contacts were a mess. Phone numbers listed under incorrect fields, weird entries in the Notes field, outdated email addresses for some contacts, etc. Since I have over 900 names, I wasn't going to edit them one by one. So I exported my contacts to a .txt file using a third party app (ContactX), cleaned up the records in a spreadsheet, saved it again as .txt, erased the contacts on the phone and on Outlook, and reloaded the cleaned-up file on the phone using the same app. The only painful step in this process was deleting the contacts on my phone. You can do multiple selection, but you still need to tap every name. Otherwise, it worked very well, and now my contacts are showing up exactly as I want them.

But now I have another problem. I was expecting the same cleaned-up contacts to appear in Outlook, but that hasn't happened. How can I get them to sync? Right now my Outlook contacts file is nearly empty, except for a few email addresses that I recently used. Yet when I add a new contact on my phone, it immediately appears in Outlook. I guess reloading the .txt file used a 'back door' that didn't sync back to Outlook. Is there a way to make Outlook notice my phone's contacts?
    11-11-13 10:51 PM
    Hi there, which outlook version you using?
    11-13-13 02:20 AM
    I'm using my online Outlook.com account (now Live.com). It hosts my email address as well ([email protected])
    11-16-13 08:10 AM
    Does outlook.com have an "import contacts" option somewhere in the settings?
    11-18-13 10:26 PM
    Yes, but it doesn't recognize the file created by Contact Exchange. Anyways, I solved the problem by deleting the BlackBerry contacts, creating a Windows Contacts file, and then importing the Windows contacts into Outlook.

It shouldn't have been this difficult.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 08:42 AM