After I signed in all of my accounts I noticed there is no option not to sync my Facebook/twitter accounts contacts* and viola when I went into the contacts app I had 2-3 contacts for the same person, so I decided to link them with one another and that's when my problems begun.
    Problems:
    • Most of my contacts have no surname and are all in Latin, and stored on my google account. But when I linked them with my facebook account, where most my contacts names are in Cyrillic, it auto adds surnames and now half my contacts are half latin half cyrillic. For example my mum is Mom Фамилия.

• Some of my contacts were renamed completely in cyrillic, it seems pretty much at random (I always use my google account contact as a base for the linking). Some were renamed completely in Latin e.g. contact named only Teo became Teodor Surname.

• Despite having some contact half latin half cyrillic and with the gmail account picture, when some of them call me I get their full name in cyrillic and their facebook photo, even though the accounts are linked and the one with the number in it being the google account. Again this happens pretty much with random accounts for no apparent reason as to why.

• After adding contacts to speed dial (apparently a separate thing from adding them to favourites) on the next day they were replaced by a contact with the same number from the SIM card memory with no picture no nothing, despite having turned off SIM card to be used as a source of contacts.

• Half of those wouldn't be problems if not for the BIGGEST PROBLEM. I can't rename them! I go to the contact hit edit, type the name I want, tap save and nothing changes. Only thing I seem to able to change is the picture.

Questions:
    1. How do I rename linked accounts?
    2. How do I "turn off" surnames? I don't want my Mom to be listed under - Mom Surname!
    3. Is there a way to link my favourite accounts and my speed dial ones?
    4. How can I completely disable SIM card contacts without having to delete them form the card (I change cards and phones and not always smartphones)? Or do I have to enable them and link them manually (no option to link automatically by phone No., but it links by email, what !??) which I guess would cause chaos when I change cards.

I did remove and then re-added all my accounts anew but all the problems still showed.
    P.S. Sorry for the wall of text.
    P.S.2 Sorry for making it even longer by editing in not one but now a second P.S.
    * missed to type it
    Last edited by geHuC; 04-14-13 at 03:33 PM.
    04-14-13 02:26 PM
    Sorry to hear that you're having such trouble. I've experienced some of the duplication that others have mentioned, although I am starting to see some benefits. I was able to easily consolidate my contacts by editing the user names. For example, one person used their middle initial on linked in. Once I removed the initial from that entry, all my data for that individual automatically populated into one entry in my contact list.

I have some listings that only have the first name field populated and the surname field is empty. "Surname" is not showing up in my contact list. I only see what is in the first name field. You may need to go into your contact settings (pull screen down from the top) and change the view to first name.
    04-14-13 02:39 PM
    After I signed in all of my accounts I noticed there is no option not to sync my Facebook/twitter accounts
    Are you sure about this? I think you can sync Facebook/Twitter messages separately from calendar and contact list. I'm not at home so I can't give you any screenshots, but I thought for sure you could do it.
    04-14-13 03:17 PM
    Sorry to hear that you're having such trouble. I've experienced some of the duplication that others have mentioned, although I am starting to see some benefits. I was able to easily consolidate my contacts by editing the user names. For example, one person used their middle initial on linked in. Once I removed the initial from that entry, all my data for that individual automatically populated into one entry in my contact list.

I have some listings that only have the first name field populated and the surname field is empty. "Surname" is not showing up in my contact list. I only see what is in the first name field. You may need to go into your contact settings (pull screen down from the top) and change the view to first name.
    I have them listed by first name which is somewhat tolerable (all the cyrillic contacts appear at the very bottom) but it still shows the full name. Also most my contacts are without surnames but after I linked them it automatically pulled the one from the FB contact info.

Are you sure about this? I think you can sync Facebook/Twitter messages separately from calendar and contact list. I'm not at home so I can't give you any screenshots, but I thought for sure you could do it.
    No option NOT to sync contacts. options only for finding friends, notifications, sync of messages and events.
    04-14-13 03:29 PM
    No option NOT to sync contacts. options only for finding friends, notifications, sync of messages and events.
    If you go into the Contacts app, swipe down from the top edge and click on Settings, you can turn off Facebook and Twitter from showing contacts in your contact list. Is that what you wanted to do initially?
    04-14-13 05:45 PM
    If you go into the Contacts app, swipe down from the top edge and click on Settings, you can turn off Facebook and Twitter from showing contacts in your contact list. Is that what you wanted to do initially?
    Even so, every now and then it seems to reset to ON. I haven't figured out why it does this and it's very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:06 PM
    You need to go to your account settings and you'll find the sync options there.
    Contacts are a mess-img_00000362.png

Posted via CB10 with my BB10 Z10
    04-14-13 07:14 PM
    Every contact that has the same email is linked automatically even if you have FB and Twitter turned off in the contacts app.

You need to go to your account settings and you'll find the sync options there.

Can't see this.

Contacts are a mess-img_00000080.png

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:30 AM
    Yeah...unfortunately Facebook doesn't handle contact syncing the same way. The settings options I showed you are for email only.

04-15-13 10:37 AM