Hey guys, can anyone tell me how to move contacts or copy contacts from the local address book to that of an added email account. My rogers Z10 is pretty borked after some random Bbm issues that spread to the rest of my phone like wildfire and I want to do a factory reset. But BlackBerry Link conveniently will not complete a proper back up of all my info. Right now all my contacts are saved locally. But I'd like to copy them over to the shaw account I have synced with my phone. I'm wondering if I can do this without having to manually enter/edit every individual contact. Then I can get them back after I wipe the phone. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 02:30 AM
    First, I would suggest checking your Shaw account to see what format can be imported into it. If it's like many accounts, it will probably accept a .csv format. If so, this should work for you.

The apps ContactX or ContactsImEx (both in BB World) will collect and export your contacts from Local Contacts into a csv file. Copy or email this to yourself so you can access it by PC. Import the file to your Shaw account, then check that the total number of contacts is correct. Perhaps also spot-check them to ensure data has carried over correctly. Go to your Shaw account settings, and make sure it's sent to sync contacts, then give it some time to populate your device. Once you're sure all's OK, you can delete the Local Contacts on your device by going to Settings > Accounts > overflow menu and tap "Clear Local Contacts".

Hope this helps.
    CMcRob likes this.
    05-28-14 06:17 AM