OK several days of Googling and failed attempts, I am here hoping that I can find someone that can guide me to success...

My Z30 died at just the same time the Samsung S7 Edge was on pre-order. So I grabbed the S7 and have mostly got it setup. However, I still need to get my contacts, SMS history, etc. over to the S7. Samsung has a utility called SmartSwitch that is supposed to make this simple, but I can't get it to work and Samsung's support people couldn't help either... For what it is worth, the Samsung indicates that it is connected to the Z30, but the Z30 just sits there saying trying to connect...

So, I have been on a quest to find alternate sources for transfering this data. I have found a number of options, but the only option that seems likely to work involves a backup from the BB10 device and then a tool that can read it and send it to the Samsung (Android) device. All of the instructions that I read about this indicate that I need to make the backup from BB Link but do it unencrypted. I can't find an option to turn off the encryption of the backup.

If it isn't possible to turn it off, then is there a tool to decrypt it that isn't going to cost $80 for a one-time use? Elcomsoft appears to have the tool to do it, but it is very pricey for a single use product.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    03-17-16 01:02 PM
    Can you tell me what you mean by your Z30 Died?
    Do you mean the battery is dead and you can't get it to recharge? So, at this point you can't turn on your device?

If that's the case, Plug your Z30 into a power source with the battery in and hold down the on button until you see some life.
    Should take several seconds to 30 seconds tops.

Also, make sure you have the latest BBLink installed on your PC so the drivers recognize your Z.

THat's one way.

Other members will come along with other ways to solve your issue. One of us will get you up and running..
    Hang in there!
    03-17-16 02:32 PM
    I recommend to do periodically backups of BlackBerry contact with the native app 'contacts import/export'
    And this app export to standard files

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 04:40 PM
    For the rundown on what happened to my Z30, check out:

Help needed with non-responsive Z30 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    03-18-16 07:13 AM
    Same issue with my wife's q10. The samsung says connected, but the q10 spins and says "connecting"
    Last edited by tmf06; 03-19-16 at 02:34 PM.
    03-19-16 11:38 AM
    Glad to see I'm not the only one...
    03-21-16 05:14 AM