This is my third time updating software. 10.0 to 10.1 10.1 to 10.2...and now 10.2.1

Let me state that my contact list is THE MOST IMP0RTANT information on my device and as such if it gets messed up I am in a world of hurt.

I find that every time I update, I lose formatting as well as some ph #'s...I do not know why. I've decided, once fixed, to save them all to my sim card...just not sure how many can be saved there..?
    Just damned frustrating to have to spend time reformatting and re-entering Ph #'s that were there all along.

I also would love it if BBRY would give us the OPTION to have the title name on each contact such that we the owner of the device can either italicize or bold that part of the contact info. It would make it easier to differentiate between contacts.

i will say this: BlackBerry Link is PURE Garbage. what a POS software that is...both our Z and Q10 could not or would not update to 10.2.1 using Link - we had to do it over the air. the rest of it is pretty much useless. Compared to BB Desktop Mgr...not even in the same century.

JUNK. Get it together BBry...this is the kind of stuff that makes many leave - never to return.

Cheers,

stk
    Last edited by steakman911; 02-01-14 at 12:31 AM.
    DJM626 likes this.
    01-31-14 11:55 PM
    Never had the contacts issue on my 9810. It's just a given that on bb10 the contacts are going to ****ed up. It's like the most important thing and it's a disaster.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 12:01 AM
    Hey calm down pal

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 12:04 AM
    When you backup your contacts you have to sync them with your outlook contacts. For some dumb reason BlackBerry Link doesn't like doing this.

But why format when you're installing an update?

On a side note I've never had my contacts mess up after a software update
    02-01-14 12:14 AM
    Why u didn't sync your contacts with outlook or Gmail. Don't need any backup. Never had any problems after an update.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 12:34 AM
    My contacts has also been messed up after the last update. An example. Andy Johnsson is now Johnsson Johnsson. The list is omitting the first name and doubling the last name.
    What is this? Anyone got an advise on how to sort this out ?
    I am generally very happy with my Q10 otherwise.
    02-01-14 12:35 AM
    I am calm...It's just the way that BB10 does contacts is CRAP. Leave it alone. Don't mess with my contacts....I guess part of the issue is that the connections of FB, LinkedIn, Google and the rest is what makes it unwieldily and provides for duplication of contacts as well as duplication of phone numbers within a contact file.

I guess best bet is that when ones list (mine is over 400), is cleaned up, save to sim crd and turn off all the accounts except for BBm and Sim Crd.

stk

its just been a frustrating evening...
    02-01-14 12:37 AM
    Never had this issue with mine when I update it. I'm with Telus, who are you with?

Posted via my Awesome Z10
    02-01-14 12:45 AM
    Fire Chest Backup is by far the best backup app ever. Backs up to Dropbox and works like a charm. Restores just as smooth as it backs up as well as has the option to encrypt your data. Solved all my issues I had jumping between different OS versions.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 12:52 AM
    Why u didn't sync your contacts with outlook or Gmail. Don't need any backup. Never had any problems after an update.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    thats only thing you need to fix forever.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 01:08 AM