hey loving the new contacts app in bb10. just a few quirks i was wondering about, maybe you guys can help me solve.
    with facebook and twitter culminating most of my contacts and adding a whole bunch more (that i would never contact) i have used the favorites option quite a bit. this puts my favorite contacts at the top of the list, which is nice. with the each contact's account merging with twitter and Facebook, i find myself updating some details to keep the list organized. this involves removing some unique twitter user names that sometimes populates the contacts actual real name. i find that this does not always stick, somehow the contact details revert to the old merged messed up labelling. is there a way to solve this?

another thing that i find unusual is some contacts disappear completely from the list, but not entirely from the phone. i cant find them in the contacts application but when i do a universal search they will show up and im able to open them.. maybe this is just a bug?

thanks
    02-06-13 05:16 PM
    okay, there is a solution for everything and i think i found one for my first problem.. which is the merging issue.
    the contacts application uses the topmost link as reference for the name fields. for example if you select a contact's twitter profile and link their other profiles to that, it will stay as the weird twitter username. this is because the twitter becomes the main reference for the fields and main link to the contact profile, because it was selected first. a solution to this is unlink the topmost profile and relink it. this drops it to the bottom of the link list, disabling it from defaulting the name fields. its a good idea when linking profiles to begin with a profile that is filled out correctly, for instance a contact profile that is manually created. you can then link twitter, Facebook, etc to that core profile keeping everything in line

hopefully this acts as a useful tip to some of you
    enjoy
    02-06-13 06:13 PM
    I'm suffering from the disappearing contacts problem myself. I'm finding the entire app a touch buggy myself. My contacts from my work account (active sync refuse to stay put) they load, then disappear completely. If looking at just those contacts one minute they'll be there, one second not. I also find contacts seems to take some time to load... For the list to populate... Am I the only one suffering this? I'm worried I have a buggy handset
    02-07-13 05:43 AM
    i have same issue for contacts with active sync its a bug because its also a problem with my gmail. they know about it.
    02-07-13 09:43 AM
    I'm suffering from the disappearing contacts problem myself. I'm finding the entire app a touch buggy myself. My contacts from my work account (active sync refuse to stay put) they load, then disappear completely. If looking at just those contacts one minute they'll be there, one second not. I also find contacts seems to take some time to load... For the list to populate... Am I the only one suffering this? I'm worried I have a buggy handset
    have you tried searching for those same missing contacts through the homescreen search function? i was able to find mine through that, so they arent totally gone. my solution was to delete and re-add, bit of a pain

i have now found another bug, where the contacts application gets stuck on this "select contact" screen. cancelling doesnt work, selecting a contact doesnt work. swiping from left to right reveals the home of the contacts app, but i cant get back to it. this happens when i launch the contacts application, it will sometimes just arrive like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Contacts application-img_00000016.jpg  
    02-07-13 10:43 AM