Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By san4berry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default contact pics

yo homies,

when you sync your contacts with gmail, do the pictures come in? it does with my android, it needs to with my berry 10. please advise..........

thx homies.
    CrackBerry User

Hey homie,

i think so. There is evidence of twitter pics being used. It would take an authorization request to use Google's account is all.

- homie
    CrackBerry Abuser

BB10 is suppose to pull in contact pictures from your social networks like Facebook and Twitter. I imagine it could pull in pics from gmail, but chances are your friends are just using there Google+ or Facebook contact pics for there avatars. So yeah...I wouldn't worry about that. I'm sure there will eventually be an app that can pull those images from that account if you really need it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

thanks homies....ya I really need it, i think it's an OCD thing. one love homies
    hudsong likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by san4berry View Post
    thanks homies....ya I really need it, i think it's an OCD thing. one love homies
    It's easy to see who you're talking to when you have their picture right there : )
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts
    PIN
    HollisterCO511@aol.com hit me up!

Will I be able to sync my gmail and hotmail contacts and calendars using activesync?
    CrackBerry Abuser

From what I know ( I wish I had a article to prove this) but RIM has licensed Activesync from Microsoft and will be using it in there platform. Wether or not you'll be able to sync contact images is unknown. BUT! again I know Microsoft uses Facebook for there contact pics, so you'll be able to just bypass that, with Facebook sync. If Google+ gets added to the BB10 social component than you'll able to sync gmail's contacts...Otherwise you might just be able to do it through adding it as a email client or through an app.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,537 Global Posts

I'll be putting my own, hi-res photos for all the contacts who call me on the regular.

Don't be afraid to THANK or LIKE

BBM: 7A03E5E9

What is the ultimate BlackBerry? The ultimate BlackBerry would be a device with the screen size of the Z10 along with the physical keyboard of the Q10 and the battery life of the Z30. This, would be the ultimate BlackBerry. Why they haven't built it yet remains one of the greatest mystery of BlackBerry.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts
    PIN
    HollisterCO511@aol.com hit me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Cappyshirt View Post
    From what I know ( I wish I had a article to prove this) but RIM has licensed Activesync from Microsoft and will be using it in there platform. Wether or not you'll be able to sync contact images is unknown. BUT! again I know Microsoft uses Facebook for there contact pics, so you'll be able to just bypass that, with Facebook sync. If Google+ gets added to the BB10 social component than you'll able to sync gmail's contacts...Otherwise you might just be able to do it through adding it as a email client or through an app.
    Okay, cool. Thanks.