Hello all!

Hope everyone is loving their BB10 devices. The usage experience has been amazing so far although there are some minor niggles that I hope to iron out soon.

I was formerly from the BB9900 and I had all my contacts in there. The contacts there were built over so many years that I really don't know if it was added by me manually, synced by the FB app, synced thru the computer somehow or some app.

Sometimes a contact appears to already have been there, prob thru the facebook/twitter app and I just edit it to add a phone number later on.

When I did the device switch from the 9900 to the Z10, all the info went along perfectly. All the contacts went correctly.

However, when I tried to do a device switch with BlackBerry link on the computer and the Z10 plugged in and the Q10 plugged in, it informed me that the Q10 software was older than the Z10 and hence such a switch would not be possible.

I then tried to sync the Z10 contacts to computer then, to have a back up copy. Upon completing the sync, only 20-30 contacts showed up.

I have nearly 500 contacts but despite repeatedly syncing it, the same 20-30 contacts only go across.

Is there anything behind the way the contacts are classified which would cause this? Or certain types of contacts do not go thru?

Thanks so much for all the assistance in advance.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 08:30 PM
    When you look in the contacts app on your Z10, are the 20-30 that sync to your PC listed under local contacts and the rest that don't listed under an email address?
    07-26-13 08:52 PM
    Yes sir you are correct. How do I rectify this en-masse and what does that really mean?

Thanks so much once again!

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 09:25 PM
    Yes sir you are correct. How do I rectify this en-masse and what does that really mean?

Thanks so much once again!

Posted via CB10
    Actually what it really means is you are good to go. You can sync those 20-30 with your PC, the rest are already synced with the cloud through your email. So when you add your credentials to the q10 those contacts should download to the new device within a few hours all on their own.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 10:18 PM
    Hi just_luc,

Unfortunately, it's been approx 1.5-2 months now and those contacts still have not popped up on the Q10.

Is there any way to manually force every contact on the Z10, regardless of category to go across?

Thanks so much once again for the help. Much appreciated

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 02:33 AM
    Hi just_luc,

Unfortunately, it's been approx 1.5-2 months now and those contacts still have not popped up on the Q10.

Is there any way to manually force every contact on the Z10, regardless of category to go across?

Thanks so much once again for the help. Much appreciated

Posted via CB10
    Hrmmm.. well that changes things.

What is the email provider the contacts are listed under?
    07-27-13 01:27 PM
    Hi just-luc,

They're listed under Gmail as both my personal email and work emails is with google.

Only difference is my work email is a google apps corporate account on our own domain. So when setting the email up, using the default Gmail setting doesn't work.

I have to manually key in imap.gmail.com etc etc.

Would this have anything to do with it at all?

Thanks once again for all the help

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 07:55 AM
    Yes, if you keyed it in manually as Imap then you haven't setup the calDAV protocol which is what syncs the contacts.

You have two options.. you can go back into accounts and also manually add the calDAV account for gmail or, and probably the best method.. since you use Google Apps you should have access to Active Sync, which would be the preferred setup and it sync contacts automatically.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:16 AM