Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 165
Like Tree86Likes
  1. KingOfQwerty's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Contact App Improvements in 10.3

    Is there any?
  2. qbnkelt's Avatar
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

    Posts
    17,326 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,489 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....
    #2  

    Default

    That's probably too broad a question, it's too subjective. Different people have different ideas of what needs to improve.
    Better to indicate what you're looking for in terms of improvement or enhancement.
    moyah8 likes this.
  3. khehl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,456 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,477 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Nop sadly, I wish I can only sync facebook picutres with my contacts.

    Posted via CB10
    Blackberry needs to make their own Z30 and Z10 Bluetooth Keyboard Case
    Search "**Z30 Bluetooth Keyboard Case IDEA**`` in the forums
    Petition for "New Wanted Features" Subforum
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-10-os-893384/
  4. Bdot-1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,216 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    BlackBerry will never fix their contact mess.. It should've been done in 10.1 and my friends at blackberry won't even admit there is a problem,they are still in denial.

    Thanked by 2:
    Alexandru Teodorescu (06-25-2014),  cbzeduser (06-05-2014) 
    bp22_ca, RADEoN1337, pooar and 3 others like this.
  5. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    69,835 Posts
    Global Posts
    69,990 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bdot-1 View Post
    BlackBerry will never fix their contact mess.. It should've been done in 10.1 and my friends at blackberry won't even admit there is a problem,they are still in denial.

    That is sad to read.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    moyah8 and Gerii like this.
  6. lurk_n_post_2000's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    138 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    @bdot that's a real shame. Just this morning I tried to make a call and the contact I was looking for was missing. It happens all the time, I really can't depend on my Z10, have to have my iPad with me always just in case. BES10 activated, which makes it even worse. Several folks at my work who upgraded to a BB10 phone at launch have since switched to android or iPhone just because of this issue. I'll look for improvements in 10.3, but if they're not there, I'm going to have to do the same.

    Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
  7. CrackberryQ's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    634 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Guys I have had my contacts on my Hotmail account since the conception of Hotmail, and I've had zero problems with bb10 synching with it.

    I've never used "local contacts" and don't see the reason why one does.

    Please ide love to know what kind of problems do you guys face.

    I have 736 contacts fully cleaned up with emails phones accounts etc.

    I don't think I belong to the Uber connected category but close to a thousand is fair I guess.

    Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    Thanked by:
    rblee26 (05-25-2014) 
    diegonei, moyah8, will308 and 1 others like this.
  8. HotFix's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,802 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    My only gripe with contacts at the moment, because I sync all of mine to Outlook.com and Exchange, is that the display option of "Last name, First name" displays contacts as "Last name First name".

    They need to add a comma in the actual display of contacts if you select the display mode of "Last name, First name". I have more than one person that has two words for either a first or last name, and I always have to try and remember which is which (I sick at names in general).

    Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    jpvj likes this.
  9. Deckard79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    738 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    No improvement to contacts app at present, sadly.

    Actually had one of my first issues with it just recently. Changed bank and got a couple of text confirmations from my new bank. Both showed up as a LinkedIn contact called Hakeem (old friend I haven't spoken to in a year)!

    I checked and re-checked Hakeem's contacts entry and could find absolutely nothing that might have confused the contacts app. Really, really bizarre.

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    BallRockReaper (05-22-2014) 
  10. endevour's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    278 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Please don't do that to me... please rename that thread.
    Coming here, full of hope that contacts have been redone for 10.3....

    Yeah I know.. lets face it... stupid me.
    Guess I might go through another grief cycle...
    hurry up, we're dreaming!
  11. jtv1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    279 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    This is most distressing, to know that the contact folder is giving so many problems.

    I have had my Z10 since March 2013 and right through I have been having problems with my contact folder.

    I used to have some of the same problems with my Torch 9800, but I would like to know, that first and foremost, regardless of what type of phone a phone is, what should be stable is the contacts folder.

    1st problem) For no apparent reason should you lose a contact, it is a phone.

    2nd problem) contact comes back, but may be separated from their folder.

    3rd problem) duplicates of contact information, and not just two or four, but even 20 and 40 of the same phone numbers and emails. To be honest, it is just the numbers and emails, but why.

    4th problem) when you do get the number back and try to add it, your phone just doesn't accept it, to make things worse, no messages of why.

    You get applications claiming to help you sort it all out, and all I've come across speak a lot of jargon, when all we want is; up, down, right, left, press and hold as our instructions and then even the app that you've most possibly paid for, starts adding to what you already want to clear.

    As I mentioned a little earlier, first and foremost, this is a phone, we expect to be able to contact; family, friends, services and business. It doesn't matter if you got the info on a piece of paper somewhere, it should be on your phone, to add, anywhere possible to make contact.

    Am tired of sorting out my contacts folder and I should not have to with the other important stuff I need to do.

    I particularly don't do games, work and study is my thing and I should be making contacts not sorting contacts.
    After manually editing my contacts

    To find help, is hard work also, as no one wants to tackle this subject, if am doing something wrong, tell me. It won't make me any less of a man but it should make me a better man.



    jtvberry
    Thanked by 3:
    BallRockReaper (05-22-2014),  cbzeduser (06-05-2014),  moodyk13 (05-22-2014) 
    moodyk13 and On1john like this.
  12. endevour's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    278 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    What really bugs me, is that I have absolutely no clue what's happening to my contacts, no feedback or interactions or anything.
    I can just watch them merge, split and duplicate...

    Posted via CB10
    hurry up, we're dreaming!
  13. jtv1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    279 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Endevour

    I thought when it merged, it didn't give you the same details duplicated, I thought it would discard any info unnecessary. Merging is a definite no no

    jtvberry
  14. Bdot-1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,216 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    In bbos it worked well, what changed?

    jtv1 likes this.
  15. jtv1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    279 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    This is the very point, I love my bb but contact folder messing up and no directions from the phone or someone to put a finger on it, I'd hate to say scared to put a finger on it.

    No clear contacts button would help, but the fact that the phone is to hold contacts is obviously not a needed feature. Well right now this is a feature of the future and well needed.

    jtvberry
  16. HotFix's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,802 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bdot-1 View Post
    In bbos it worked well, what changed?

    The entire operating system and every application inside it, including the contacts app. :-)

    Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    moyah8 likes this.
  17. khehl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,456 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,477 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackberryQ View Post
    Guys I have had my contacts on my Hotmail account since the conception of Hotmail, and I've had zero problems with bb10 synching with it.

    I've never used "local contacts" and don't see the reason why one does.

    Please ide love to know what kind of problems do you guys face.

    I have 736 contacts fully cleaned up with emails phones accounts etc.

    I don't think I belong to the Uber connected category but close to a thousand is fair I guess.

    Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    most people do. especially the people who don't know much about phones and they just throw their contacts in. They don't want to find duplicated info, contacts, missing contacts and etc. I hate how everyone of this site thinks everyone should be a phone elite and top priority.

    This is probably the worst contacts app/phone book out of any OS and they haven't touched it since 10.1 or even 10.0.

    BB is supposed to dominate with communication and productivity. They are missing so much in this department right now.

    They should be taking notes from this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.easilydo

    Iphone app company innovated the sh*t out of BB10 HUB called Acompli Email App for iPhone. It even has Microsoft Exchange...
    .

    They need to step it up :P I love my Z30 obviously but come on BB people are catching up to your KEY features...
    Last edited by khehl; 05-20-2014 at 10:47 PM.
    Blackberry needs to make their own Z30 and Z10 Bluetooth Keyboard Case
    Search "**Z30 Bluetooth Keyboard Case IDEA**`` in the forums
    Petition for "New Wanted Features" Subforum
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-10-os-893384/
    Thanked by 2:
    BallRockReaper (05-22-2014),  montberry (05-22-2014) 
    eldrover and jtv1 like this.
  18. KingOfQwerty's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    That's probably too broad a question, it's too subjective. Different people have different ideas of what needs to improve.
    Better to indicate what you're looking for in terms of improvement or enhancement.
    Oh My..
    Probably by now you would have known what sort of improvements are needed
  19. KingOfQwerty's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bdot-1 View Post
    BlackBerry will never fix their contact mess.. It should've been done in 10.1 and my friends at blackberry won't even admit there is a problem,they are still in denial.

    Can you ask your friends at BlackBerry at least to provide us the documentation on Contact App behavior?
    It may provide us some clues to move on
  20. KingOfQwerty's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by endevour View Post
    Please don't do that to me... please rename that thread.
    Coming here, full of hope that contacts have been redone for 10.3....

    Yeah I know.. lets face it... stupid me.
    Guess I might go through another grief cycle...
    Sorry for that. but it is exactly the intention. To put our grief to CB and BB.

    Unfortunately, I have not seen any CB articles also on this
  21. KingOfQwerty's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard79 View Post
    No improvement to contacts app at present, sadly.

    Actually had one of my first issues with it just recently. Changed bank and got a couple of text confirmations from my new bank. Both showed up as a LinkedIn contact called Hakeem (old friend I haven't spoken to in a year)!

    I checked and re-checked Hakeem's contacts entry and could find absolutely nothing that might have confused the contacts app. Really, really bizarre.

    Posted via CB10
    This seems to be a new issue I haven't seen in these forums.

    Welcome aboard!
  22. KingOfQwerty's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jtv1 View Post
    This is most distressing, to know that the contact folder is giving so many problems.

    I have had my Z10 since March 2013 and right through I have been having problems with my contact folder.

    I used to have some of the same problems with my Torch 9800, but I would like to know, that first and foremost, regardless of what type of phone a phone is, what should be stable is the contacts folder.

    1st problem) For no apparent reason should you lose a contact, it is a phone.

    2nd problem) contact comes back, but may be separated from their folder.

    3rd problem) duplicates of contact information, and not just two or four, but even 20 and 40 of the same phone numbers and emails. To be honest, it is just the numbers and emails, but why.

    4th problem) when you do get the number back and try to add it, your phone just doesn't accept it, to make things worse, no messages of why.

    You get applications claiming to help you sort it all out, and all I've come across speak a lot of jargon, when all we want is; up, down, right, left, press and hold as our instructions and then even the app that you've most possibly paid for, starts adding to what you already want to clear.

    As I mentioned a little earlier, first and foremost, this is a phone, we expect to be able to contact; family, friends, services and business. It doesn't matter if you got the info on a piece of paper somewhere, it should be on your phone, to add, anywhere possible to make contact.

    Am tired of sorting out my contacts folder and I should not have to with the other important stuff I need to do.

    I particularly don't do games, work and study is my thing and I should be making contacts not sorting contacts.
    After manually editing my contacts

    To find help, is hard work also, as no one wants to tackle this subject, if am doing something wrong, tell me. It won't make me any less of a man but it should make me a better man.



    jtvberry
    Oops! You have lived all through these problems for the last 15 months!! Great, I should say.
    I did for 2 or 3 months, tried to sort out 2 times and gave up. My secondary 9780 is where I am managing contacts now, until BBRY will do something. Or can they do?
    jtv1 likes this.
  23. jpvj's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,101 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Hi all

    BlackBerry is working on different parts of the contacts app and functionality. Features are not even final at the moment.

    I am currently reporting different errors related to contacts to BlackBerry but they are hard to reproduce so all I can do is to document them with screenshots and hopefully BlackBerry can figure out what is going on.

    The issues I have reported are:
    - wrong names shown in call log but correct number (phone app)
    - wrong number dialed when contact called
    - wrong contact shown when doing a redial.
    - incorrect linking of contacts (improved on 10.2 though)

    Seems like the made the contacts handling too complicated to implement without bugs...
  24. Deckard79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    738 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Just tweeted BlackBerryHelp about this. Let's see if we can get them to pass this stuff on and get some dialogue..

    Posted via CB10
  25. Deckard79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    738 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfQwerty View Post
    This seems to be a new issue I haven't seen in these forums.

    Welcome aboard!
    It has been reported before - I've posted on threads here that others have created concerning the same.

    Posted via CB10
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to disable built in media storage on torch 9860
    By Warung Mainanku in forum BlackBerry Torch 9860/9850
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 06:55 PM
  2. App cache on blackberry z10
    By kiran kapricorn in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 01:48 PM
  3. Q10 Keyboard doesn't work in some Android Apps
    By Ulferini Schusterotti in forum Android Apps (Amazon Store & APK Files)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 06:28 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 05:51 AM
  5. See what you think of MACE Tower Defense for BlackBerry 10?
    By CrackBerry News in forum CrackBerry.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 02:22 AM

Posting Permissions