I know these are two unrelated things, but for some reason, when I use BLUETOOTH to connect my BB Q10 10.2.1.2102 os to my Dell Precision M4700 with Windows 8.1, the mouse cursor freezes.

It is different from the whole computer freezing, I can still use the laptop using the keyboard shortcut key if needed. I can also access Windows task manager as well. It's just that the touchpad and the pointing stick do not work when it is connected to my Q10 using bluetooth.

There is a keyboard shortcut to turn on/off the touchpad as well, and of course that doesn't work. When I restart my computer and turn off the Q10 wifi, it goes back to normal.

And NO, it is not the laptop's issue, I have connected my Nokia N8 as well as my Samsung Galaxy S3 without any issues. I am positive that the Q10 bluetooth connection is causing the touchpad & pointing stick malfunction. I have replicated the Q10 bluetooth and touchpad malfunction 3 times now.

I have also tried to remove Q10 from bluetooth connection list on my computer and then readding it, it does not fix the issue as well.

Bluetooth connection turning off the pointing stick and touchpad...... WTFFFFFFFFF!?

I am not even sure who to talk to, I will try calling Dell technicians but I doubt they could help.
    03-21-14 08:54 PM
    I was able to connect my Q10 to the computer using the Wifi, but I would still like to use Bluetooth if possible.

Come on BB!
    03-21-14 09:58 PM
    Most laptops in the touch pad software is a feature that says disable touch pad when external mouse is connected.
    Maybe laptop is thinking q10 is a bt mouse.

Look for that feature and disable it and test... just to see if this is the issue

Via Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    03-21-14 10:26 PM
    Most laptops in the touch pad software is a feature that says disable touch pad when external mouse is connected.

Look for that feature and disable it and test... just to see if this is the issue

Sorry for the late reply.

YES! It solved the problem and now I can connect my Q10 to my computer using the bluetooth.

Although to my surprise, I cannot use Blackberry Link with bluetooth connection, so there is not a whole lot of purpose in using bluetooth to connect to your computer.
    03-24-14 06:18 PM
    Interesting. Everytime I connect or disconnect my phone via usb the videoplayback stopps...
    03-24-14 06:20 PM

YES! It solved the problem and now I can connect my Q10 to my computer using the bluetooth.

Although to my surprise, I cannot use Blackberry Link with bluetooth connection, so there is not a whole lot of purpose in using bluetooth to connect to your computer.

Just wanted to say...... Laugh out loud.
    03-24-14 07:50 PM
    Just wanted to say...... Laugh out loud.
    Okay help me out then! Can BB Link use bluetooth?
    03-24-14 08:18 PM
    As far as I can remember. Desktop software supported bt. Link does not. I will have to dbl check when I have a chance.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.140
    03-25-14 06:16 AM

All 3 of my laptops don't cut the touchpad off when I connect my bluetooth mice to them. I have to manually cut them off because I don't use any of them.
    03-25-14 08:16 AM

If you ever used BT for any extended data transfer, you'd know this can be so uselessly slow, it's not fun. Depends on your BT standard.

It's ok to send a small text file, word doc or maybe a picture or two, but that's about it. Wifi or USB cord is the go.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    03-25-14 03:12 PM