It still disconnects any time and needs to be manually reconnected. Now what an average WiFi reception we are getting with 10.3.1. It's an issue that wasn't there with 10.2.1. Do something about this please.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 12:07 PM
    OK, I will talk to the owners of CB and we'll get right on it. Thanks for the heads up.
    03-25-15 12:15 PM
    Confirmed? I NEVER had this issue.
    03-25-15 12:18 PM
    It still disconnects any time and needs to be manually reconnected. Now what an average WiFi reception we are getting with 10.3.1. It's an issue that wasn't there with 10.2.1. Do something about this please.

Posted via CB10
    Confirmed by a single person?
    Not credible at all......
    03-25-15 12:24 PM
    Well, there are many who are facing this issue and many are perfectly fine. That "confirmed" was for me and those facing this issue

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 12:25 PM
    Some do, some don't. I do.

It's been that way with many issues with BlackBerry ever since I can remember!

Go back to the days of OS4, OS5, 6 and 7, some had problems with radio and/or wifi others did not.

What fun we have.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.2558 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    03-25-15 12:36 PM
    I actually never had Wi-Fi problems, rather just cell network problems. The switchover between LTE and HSPA in some spots just takes forever and I get the red X.
    03-25-15 12:45 PM
    Here's a trick: reload your OS, don't restore.
    03-25-15 01:34 PM
    Are you running a program that might be disabling wifi, e.g. Power Tools or Geo ToolBox.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 01:38 PM
    My WiFi (in Germany) is also not working. What is interesting is, that BBM is also not sending any message through phone provider as if the server was unreachable.

I suppose the following is happening:

- phone connects to WIFI
    - phone tries to build a connection to some BlackBerry internet site
    - internet site is appeating to be not working
    - phone "assumes", WiFi is not working and disables it.

Sites as "docs.blackberry.com" return DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN back so I guess, it's a (temporary) DNS issue of some kind for certain providers who use DNS servers that are not (yet) updated with zone changes from BlackBerry.

So I guess all we can do is wait until probable DNS changes a propagated through the DNS root servers until it'll work again.

Markus
    03-25-15 02:33 PM
    My WiFi (in Germany) is also not working. What is interesting is, that BBM is also not sending any message through phone provider as if the server was unreachable.
    This is different than the 10.3.1 Wifi issues. This afternoon there appears to be an issue with devices in Europe connecting to BlackBerry servers, see this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-down-1009246/
    03-25-15 02:44 PM
    This is different than the 10.3.1 Wifi issues. This afternoon there appears to be an issue with devices in Europe connecting to BlackBerry servers, see this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-down-1009246/
    And of course this is probably the case. But weeks from now, after this possible outage has been resolved, the only thing people will remember is the title of this thread and many others like it. That BlackBerry WiFi sucks. When that probably wasn't the case afterall. Nevermind people's router settings. Call me a fanboi if you must. But it's not my WiFi that's having these issues. It's yours (not you TH).

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-25-15 02:54 PM
    Several times per day I loose my WiFi signal. Thats a big anger!!!
    03-25-15 03:35 PM
    I yet have to have first issue with wifi on my bb10 caused by the phone itself. Couple of months ago I was going thru many issues but it turned out there was way too much interference from other access points in the area where I live. Did some testing with the customer service rep of my Internet provider, some channel changes and I have nothing to complain since, it's all smooth sailing for me now. That might be as well the case for op and others here.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 04:06 PM
    My wifi cuts out when other people on the same network have perfect wifi, I have to restart the wifi on my BlackBerry and then it reconnects.

Posted via CB10
    Kanishk Amin likes this.
    03-25-15 08:15 PM
    I've found that my Passport will drop the Wifi connection when I'm at the farthest point in my house ie, where it's at its weakest point which prior to the update, it still hung on ok. Anywhere else in the house is fine. Not a huge deal for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 08:19 PM
    Hi. The answer of the question is: just update your firmware on your wireless device. That is the problem: old version in WiFi router.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 09:04 PM
    Lately, since the update to 10.3.1.1784, I have some problems connecting to WIFI. This happens especially after rebooting the phone. By accident I found out that the best way to speed up the connection or re-connection to the WIFI is to "turn off " the Data Services of my cell provider and then manually trying the connection.
    03-25-15 09:49 PM
    CONFIRMED! I've never had this issue since updating to 10.3.1 on my Z30, Fido's network in Toronto

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    03-25-15 09:50 PM
    I've found that my Passport will drop the Wifi connection when I'm at the farthest point in my house ie, where it's at its weakest point which prior to the update, it still hung on ok. Anywhere else in the house is fine. Not a huge deal for me.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! That's the problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 11:39 PM
    Hi. The answer of the question is: just update your firmware on your wireless device. That is the problem: old version in WiFi router.

Posted via CB10
    But with 10.2.1 it never was a problem. With that being said, it would not hurt to check out for a new firmware release. Will get back to the thread if there's a new update or there's not. But the fact of the matter is Wi Fi low connectivity and Wi Fi dropping issues are there.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 11:41 PM
    No problems here even after changing net provider and routers.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    03-25-15 11:51 PM
    confirm, after using 10.3.1 its very difficult to connect to my office's wifi network. at least 3bars signal reception to make it connect.

Posted via CB10
    Kanishk Amin likes this.
    03-25-15 11:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    ?What?
    03-26-15 01:55 AM
    I have the same problem before. When i update my router's firmware, i'm OK. It's easy and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-26-15 02:07 AM
160 123 ...